User Tag List

Thread: What is Ne?

A window to the soul

Question What is Ne?

What does it mean In simple terms.

9w8 so/sx

Ne starts here

and ends up here

It takes in available information to get a solution starting with what is known and adding best fitting assumptions to fill the blanks then it remains open to new information and a shifting solution, it's never finished, as new details present themselves the assumptions are replaced with known information and new assumptions about the left over gaps are used to come up with a new solution reverse and repeat ad nauseum.

Check here for better examples of Ne v Ni.

A window to the soul

Thanks for the link; interesting thread, but lots of varying opinions.

I'm even more confused now. I can equally relate to all functions by definition: Ne, Ni, Se, Si. I don't want to insult any experts in this field, but surely there's a simpler way... this all seems like a stretch to try and pinpoint someone because for me, usage of Ne, Ni, Se, Si varies from moment to moment. Examples,...

• If I'm buying a car, I'm ISTP,
    • If I'm programming, I'm INTP,
    • If I'm dealing with people I'm INFP,
    • If I'm bored I'm INTP and ISTP: I dream up something fun, but I don't waste any time sitting around like an INFP/INTP either, I go out and do it because plans look good on paper, but they're even better (executed) in real life.
    How can a test say I'm INFP eveytime I take it. Perhaps INFP is the person I wish I could be and the test results are a product of some hidden agenda deep in the recesses of my mind. See, here I theorize theory or am I really being realistic? hmm...

Nonetheless, Fe, Fi, Se, Si... it's all nothing more than theory. Theory that is not fool proof.... there are too many variables... too many exceptions.

The only thing I can't relate to at all is 'J'.

Ne: readin between the lines until you get in between lines in another world far from the previous line you previously read in the between area of. All the stopping points are connected in a way, no matter how obscurely and random the way to the next connection is.

Heck if I know...after learning more about Ni I realize that a lot of the time when I thought it was Ne that I was using - it was Ni. The whole 'mystical mumbo jumbo' angle of it in cognitive functions test turned me off from it and I didn't understand what it meant.

Apparently, Ne will have you going and going and going and following a clue or statement or tangent ad infinitum until it's somewhere WAAAAAAAY different. Have you spoken to people who seem to jump and jump in conversation and you don't the connection? People have told me that and they'll even ask me why I suddenly brought up a story or topic. But to me, it's very apparent why it's related because something reminded me of something which reminds me of something, etc. Except that Ne is extrapolation?

Ni is integrative...or something.

Now I feel all special and magical though now that I know that I actually use Ni which is special and magical.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Here's my stab at it

If you think in terms of invention, Ne is evolutionary whereas Ni is revolutionary.

Ne takes existing technologies and explores ways of putting them together or improving them to solve existing problems.

Ni on the other hand takes a leap and sees what alternatives there are to the existing technologies and/or how existing technologies can be used to solve 'future' problems.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell