User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Father calling you Spock and your INTJ friend saying "good morning, psychopath" Yes. Its the NiTi loop, in addition to the Fe problem, which entails that you cannot clearly feel your own emotions with others, so they don't really get expressed unless in intimate situations or in intimate acts where it feels as if you are in the proper facility to express them. Nothing to go to a shrink about. It could also denote a balance in your emotional state.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

INFJ -CALM ON THE OUTSIDE - INTENSE ON THE INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I have actually gotten compliments about how I can remain "calm" in chaotic environments. The funny thing is, I have always felt like an emotional hurricane inside, but apparently it doesn't show on the outside.
    This is sooo true for me. Staying calm during crisis situations. No one (and I mean NO ONE) knows how intensely I feel things inside! Still, being told how calm and well I handle crisis situations is a complement of sorts, I suppose.

INFJ -COMES ACROSS AS COLD, ALOOF, INTIMIDATING

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    I definitely got told that I'm cold, aloof etc etc.
    Then again, it's mostly those that aren't in my inner circle who are most likely to say that.
    Ditto ^. Add serious and sometimes intimidating for me.

INFJ -COMES ACROSS AS ENTHUSIASTIC, GIGGLY, HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    I'm very happy and giggly and enthusiastic on first meetings... people say I come off as optimistic/enthusiastic. Haha, if only they knew the truth...
    I can do this too. I'm a bit of a chameleon in this regard. It's a bit of an act to survive in imposed social circumstances. Sometimes when I tell others that I'm an introvert, they say, "No, you're not an introvert!" They obviously don't know me very well.
    What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well I am still not sure if I am an INFJ or not but........because of me being hurt by family (completely unintentional and when I look at the reasons I figure that I expect too much out of them, also I am overly sensitive) after I entered teens, I slowly realized that they don't really know me, and continuously say things that hurt me. (In scoldings and such) And well after some months I found myself not smiling anymore, being indifferent, unmoving just like someone above stated, a 'rock'. Now I do sometimes open up, but the fact that my family does not know who I really am, hurts me deeply, thus this leads to me being cold again. I am used to being misunderstood so much that when they do show concern miraculously, I respond with a shrug or a short answer not letting them know anything. I want to change but its just hard........well anyways thats what I do......don't really know about INFJ's sorry.......

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    INFJ -CALM ON THE OUTSIDE - INTENSE ON THE INSIDE

This is sooo true for me. Staying calm during crisis situations. No one (and I mean NO ONE) knows how intensely I feel things inside! Still, being told how calm and well I handle crisis situations is a complement of sorts, I suppose.

INFJ -COMES ACROSS AS COLD, ALOOF, INTIMIDATING

Ditto ^. Add serious and sometimes intimidating for me.

INFJ -COMES ACROSS AS ENTHUSIASTIC, GIGGLY, HAPPY

I can do this too. I'm a bit of a chameleon in this regard. It's a bit of an act to survive in imposed social circumstances. Sometimes when I tell others that I'm an introvert, they say, "No, you're not an introvert!" They obviously don't know me very well.
    OMG when I read all this I realized that its just what I do! At one point in life I was wondering if I even have a personality because I keep changing with everyone, and am able to be in so many different moods at the same time. One would expect an overly pleasing and friendly person, who keeps the peace around and avoids conflict; to never be able to stand up for themselves but I change as easily as the channels on television. I am really glad that I am not the only one who does this though......

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My mother once said my eyes have no compassion.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hahahahaha really?
    I don't think she meant that, and since it was only once it must be a 'in the heat of the moment' thing
    I think finding out if a person has compassion or not can be seen by 3 things:
    1) eyes
    2) words
    3) actions
    actually nearly everything can be figured out from these things but oh well.....
    Nobody is evil, nobody is wrong, nobody hates you; but yourself.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm usually seen as cold because I usually take a lot of precautions and observations to observe people.

Though in reality, I'm a very warm person who is afraid of getting hurt through attachment of people, even friends.

That's why I usually don't let everybody in as a self-defensive mechanism.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

At first I come across as being highly analytical, skeptical, technical, quiet, and guarded. Once I feel comfortable around someone, I open up, and the softness comes out. I'm not cold per se, but distant, shy, and showing friendliness if I get cues from another person that they don't mind my company. I tend to come across as quite reserved on the most part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

i was exptremely shocked once to be described by a casual aquaintance as coming across as 'brittle' .....i dont suffer fools gladly and if i dislike someone or write them off i guess i might seem very cold or even rude !

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I think a certain type of INFJ is cold. They're harder to type because of this.