User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default INFPs, how have you better developed your Ne?

How can you tell if you are better developing or utilizing Ne?

What have you done or can you do to actively encourage the growth of this function?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

I think i have, the best way I find to encourge this growth is use your imgination with your environment...

Example: typology central, what do you think can make it better? or how can you go green? or how to stop procrastination. Think of all the possiblities...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No one only uses one function, so I feel that any person's main judging function & main perceiving function are going to be utilized quite a bit, but the position it holds may change the way these functions interact (so to speak), as the dom function will lead. So basically, an INFP is going to use Ne all the time just to function in life.

I know that I identify as strongly with being iNuitive as being a Feeler, maybe more so in some ways. I'd say I am an imaginative and creative person much more than an empath (although, I'd argue that the abstract thought process of Fi is rather imaginative in nature, being associated with images, atmosphere, tones, etc, as much as an internal voice).

The biggest challenge may be making sure that I am relatively unbiased in my perception - meaning, I don't only accept what information suits my feeling.

Then there's the occasional Fi Si loop, where applying Ne may get you out of the rut. It's simply a matter of getting perspective; looking at possibilities for change in the future to get over emotions & experiences from the past. I think that is a rather human problem as much as an INFP problem....

I'm sure we've all seen this page, but I think it paints a good picture of an INFP using sufficient Ne to overcome some weak areas (although I'd argue there's some Si & Te action happening also):

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP_per.html
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmeraldCanopy View Post
    How can you tell if you are better developing or utilizing Ne?

What have you done or can you do to actively encourage the growth of this function?
    By acting like a complete goon.

Seriously though, I was talking to someone the other day (someone I was meeting for the first time), and after the conversation was over, I realized that I had been "all over the place" during the conversation. Not in a bad way, but I was curious because he had an interesting life, so I would ask him a question, he would answer it (probably only partially) and then I'd immediately have a follow up question. He'd answer that, and I'd ask another question that would take the conversation in an even new direction.

In about 7 minutes of conversating, we discussed track and field, baseball, job openings, life ambitions, political orientation, where each other was born/raised, and how that affected our outlook on life. It was just rapid fire - one topic leading right into the other.

People have got to think either 1 of 2 things when they experience this from Ne users:

1. I can't keep up with him. He's loony!
    2. What an interesting and curious person.

To practice using Ne, just give it free reign. Allow it to take you where it wants to go. Ne is almost like radar - it "picks up" so many things, sees so many possibilities in the environment. Ask the questions, go exploring.

Ne is when you go to a bookstore or a library, pick up a random book on the life of some writer and in the first few pages it mentions how his wife did some great things. So, you put that book down and go do a search for a book about his wife. You find one, you start reading about her and all the things she did. You find out that she made some important discoveries in the field of genetics, one of which really sounds interesting. So you go and find a book about that specific discovery in order to learn what exactly it is. You start reading that and it talks about the role that genetics plays in your personality as an adult. This is great because you just found a topic that would fit very nicely into your Master's thesis.

Exploring with no limits. Asking all the questions that come into your head and then seeking out those answers.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This thread from the NT subforum might be useful

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...intuition.html
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sort of going off of what OrangeAppled said, I've used it strongly my whole life. It is my numba one perceiving function.

You may be able to relate to me if you think about how you thought growing up. Did you take daily situations and then predict certain hidden things about them all the time? even when it wasn't needed? Does your humor rely on making longshot connections with things to pick out the absurdity in them? Did you often draw up possibilities about things based on information that wasn't actually visibly available?

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Not sure if this is INFP typical but...since Fi is so personal and I find not a lot of people around me can always relate, I absorb my outside 'unknown' surroundings through Ne, then put it through my trusted Fi system, before perhaps even applying some Si to see what I felt about the last time I was in a similar situation, and maybe even thinking of a song to match up emotionally...To put it simply, the most precious thing about Ne in my case, is how it works with my Fi values to create utopian situations in my head, which help me to heal myself if what is concrete becomes stressful.

In the real world though, I find Ne seems to have a very inquisitive nature, so I feel that sometimes I have to keep it at bay rather than allow it to grow too much, or else people might find it intrusive in conversation, as someone mentioned earlier. However, if an INFP did want to put it to some good use, the Fi/Ne combination might make a good foundation for a writer, especially in the genre/subject they feel most passionate about.

A downside of Ne is sometimes the inability to limit the number of ideas/possibilities which are hypothetically available, making the conception of say, a story seem really easy, until the point comes where 'nailing down' ideas and sticking to them quite hard at times...Hope that is a help.

Kind Regards
    FalseHeartDothKnow

Date an ENFP. It's sure to reduce your seriousness, direction and normality to zero .

Other ideas:

- take everything you value, everything you do to feel safe, and everything you define yourself by, and disprove it for entertainment.
    - while driving, try to think of 50 ways you could unexpectedly die between your home and work.
    - connect all the random symptoms you have had over the last year and try to find possible deadly diagnoses on google.
    - think of the most sensible way to do something, then challenge yourself to achieve it doing the opposite.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i have one example of using Ne in conversation. with someone who gets it, it's great! you start with whatever pops into your head and go free flow from there. some people don't like it, but it can make a very entertaining conversation and you'll probably end up knowing something you had no intention of knowing... and you'll probably end up in stitches

Ne to me is also how INTPness described it. ... and you can totally start wondering... like you see something and you'll imagine what it could be... and you go kick a snowball on your way to the park and you take a different route on the way back... Ne is pure fun, really...
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Date an ENFP. It's sure to reduce your seriousness, direction and normality to zero .

Other ideas:

- take everything you value, everything you do to feel safe, and everything you define yourself by, and disprove it for entertainment.
    - while driving, try to think of 50 ways you could unexpectedly die between your home and work.
    - connect all the random symptoms you have had over the last year and try to find possible deadly diagnoses on google.
    - think of the most sensible way to do something, then challenge yourself to achieve it doing the opposite.
    Wow, a few of those seem rather challenging, lots of death, disease and general discomfort going on there, but it's actually quite refreshing to see some darker uses for Ne that don't involve how many ways you can murder people.