First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

It's like learning a language. The quickest way is full-immersion. Plus, hanging out with ENFPs is super-fun, and they seem to enjoy the company of INFPs too.
    Sounds like I need to call up my ENFP friends. You're right though; I need to observe the use of Ne in its natural habitat. See how it's done.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    Ne brings forth an infinite chain effect inside my head referencing memories, experiences, past and present thoughts within and feeling. For example: Thinking of an infinite chain got me to visualize and recall building a paper chain, which makes me think of arts and craft time at school, which makes me think of those short tables and chairs in kindergarten, which makes me think of rounded scissors, making me think of the craft scissors that cut different shapes like wavy ones, which makes me think of ocean waves, salty water, wet sand, oysters, hermit crabs, painted shells, pretty shiny colors, nailpolish, lipstick, luscious lips, tongue licking lips, sexy kisses, an old crush, my current SO, his cute face, messy hair, brings up a warm feeling within, it made me smile, makes things feel all right....etc etc etc. It is never ending!!! All these thoughts took so much longer to type than to think of, these happen instantaneously.
    It sounds like it just goes on and on and on. I need to get better at letting this happen naturally instead of forcing it where my Fi wants to go.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sauropsidian View Post
    Find an ENFP! xD
    I've got a good ENFP friend who I'll occasionally go extroverting with, it's quite fun actually :P
    I'm on a mission to go extroverting with an ENFP.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm not sure about the first question. Could you elaborate?

Best ways to develop Ne: go out and experience. More specifically:
    - Read extensively and pursue knowledge. Read books, newspapers, magazines, cereal boxes, whatever...
    - Seek what is beautiful, both in art and in nature
    - Travel and explore. Seek to engage in other cultures. Make the effort to spend time around those that are different from yourself
    - Push yourself to do things outside your comfort zone
    - Ask a lot of questions to better understand your world. Don't accept that 'things just are the way they are'
    - Actively listen to those around you, even those that don't seem to have anything worthwhile to contribute
    - Find your passion and pursue it. Trust and follow your feelings and instincts
    - Seek to connect rather than differentiate. Look beyond the distraction of the intricate differences between things and people, to find what unifies them.
    Sure! I guess that my first question was trying to ask what cues do you pick up if you are using too much Fi?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Extreme Fi might creep into the realm of overly self-analysing to the point of being completely absorbed in your own views of how the world should be, perhaps choosing to preach your views to others, or even disengage from the world completely, choosing to fantasize and ruminate instead. Without a fairly strong extroverted auxillary, (you don't need to be talkative to have this) an introvert is not taking information in from the outside world enough, which might cause certain beliefs to become outdated and unrealistic in an ever evolving society, causing the person to feel bitter.

Yet, that's the really depressed level, ordinarily, with Ne being INFPs auxillary, I imagine bad Ne would show up as not paying much attention to the ideas and ideals of others, resorting to the Fi: 'Well if it were me, I wouldn't do that so I can't understand why they would want to either.' It's the Ne which acknowledges choice and options, taming the temptation to resort to personal feelings and biases, which is not always helpful in giving advice. Instead of the above statement, we might get the Fi/Ne combination of: 'Have you thought about doing this, or the other option is this...Whatever you feel most comfortable with really.'
    I wonder whether these links might be helpful to you:
    This is about functions and how they are expressed/not expressed, and how we see ourselves:
    Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth

This is a link which shows how a person might be under stress if their auxillary was truly neglected:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...emptation.html

My MBTI/ Function knowledge isn't very coherant as yet, but hope this helps a little. Good luck in your quest for Ne.

Kind Regards.
    FalseHeartDothKnow