User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Sorry cafe, but I just cant help but suspect this is your NF wishful thinking. I can hardly imagine anybody could be truly happy in this world. They could convince themselves that they are, but at honest introspection we all shall discover how wretched our existence truly is! Nothing personal, but I am yet to be convinced of true possibility of complacence on earth.
    Maybe *you* can't be truly happy. I'm pretty sure that happiness is unmeasurable and subjective, so we can only speak for ourselves and our own true happinesses.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    infp

Okay. But could you shorten that a bit so I can read it?
    just kidding.

MBTI
    infp

I have sometimes found my life to be sorta more or less idyllic... but then I am driven to do something to shake it up. I don't really relate to the word as a positive thing... Without some kind of conflict there is no change, without change there is no growth... without growth??... There is eternal shortness...

Long live the short... ahem, nevermind..

I love change (to some extent) and am afraid of perfection... Perfection is soul death or ascension or something.... While I would like to be movin' on up,(makin more duckets), I don't think I am ready to ascend. Not ready for stagnant idyllic, maybe a kind of challenging stimulating dynamic idyllic...

this is the 666th post in this section.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I think it's ones hope to describe life as idyllic, but really I think that is where we are going, what we are aiming for our hope for the future so to speak. Yes there are moments that I can definitely say that my life is idyllic, but really, it would be an oxymoron to expect that. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by definition
    Definitions of idyllic on the Web:

* excellent and delightful in all respects; "an idyllic spot for a picnic"
    * suggestive of an idyll; charmingly simple and serene; "his idyllic life in Tahiti"; "the pastoral legends of America's Golden Age"
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Socionics
    SLI

Oh, my life is incredibly idyllic. I have no worries, problems nor obligations. It's fantastic.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Oh, my life is incredibly idyllic. I have no worries, problems nor obligations. It's fantastic.

Are you dead?
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Well, I am glad to hear that at least... though I keep on thinking that happiness doesnt really exist... what it really is ... is just moments where misery subsists..
    idyllic hug for SW

My life is overall better now than ever in the past. However, there are certain things I treasure deeply that are slipping away each day, and that's not good. No-sir-ee-bob!!
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

To me, idyllic describes situations more than people. Is my life idyllic? No, no, and a final no. I truly doubt it'll one day become "idyllic". Actually when that time comes, perhaps it's time for me to move on again... or that I've gotten to be so old that I can't anymore... so might as well be a bum. That's idyllic for me. Life of a bum... well maybe a happy well-fed bum. But a bum nonetheless.

Although I have to say like Toonia that yes, some parts of my life have improved. Life isn't about moments of misery. There's good parts, and there are bad ones... Just got to ride it all out. Happyiness is an emotion... internally derived. There's no such thing as "objective emotion". If you do not believe you can ever be happy, then it'll never exists for you.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Neither are idyllic.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There isn't anything I feel entitled to complain about my life, although it isn't 'perfect', but why should it be? My inner self has a constant ache, a bittersweetness that is a constant. It comes to the foreground at those moments my mind is clear and subdued.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.