User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INFJackasses?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ilovereeses View Post
    I've experienced this...I always felt so stupid cuz I have no idea what to say and start to believe what he says. >_<
    Yes exactly--And if you show that emotion they'll assume your stupidity is valid which self-justifies their crazy running off in their mind like that and just makes things....Wrong.

Hopefully they don't keep on and heap criticism on top of insult..at least you know you're sane if you are able to listen to the quite voice of intellect reaffirm the facts
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Have you tried explaining what they don't know in a patient, logical, non-judgmental manner? That always works for me... my response to someone calmly pointing out that I don't know so much after all is to feel humble and .
    Perhaps you havent attempted this^ with an INFJ who is off-the-tracks running on pure Ni...having left the Se, Fe, and Ti cars neglected far behind.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Perhaps you havent attempted this^ with an INFJ who is off-the-tracks running on pure Ni...having left the Se, Fe, and Ti cars neglected far behind.
    I'm the INFJ. I was referring to when NT's or ST's explain things to me in a calm, logical manner.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I'm the INFJ. I was referring to when NT's or ST's explain things to me in a calm, logical manner.
    Yes careful calm explanation was done.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    +1

There is also the little issue of moral hypocrisy that pops up from time to time and the inevitable spin that follows if you call them out on it, which can turn quite nasty if you continue to stand your ground.

I am sure whoever coined the phrase "do as I say, not as I do" was an INFJ

Otherwise they tend to be lovely
    +99

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I guess this depends on what people consider annoying.

Mature INFJs have their own annoying attitudes. The example in the OP seems to be most likely a way to protect oneself by holding on to the beliefs. Admitting that you're wrong seems worse than behaving cocky.

Personally, I think I've been awesome since birth but ignorance is bliss and I'd rather not know what people really think of me most of the time. Merely being myself can annoy people out quite a lot. I have great potential to be an INFJackass, thank you very much.

The single INFJ I've met in "real life" is a wonderful human being and I feel honoured to know her. The INFJs online are among the awesomest people I've met.
    I know a very well balanced INFJ. She's mature. These things don't all apply to everyone.

MBTI
    INFJ

Are attitudes actually linked to personality type?

I'm pretty sure I've seen those annoying behaviours in lots of different people/types. I know a certain INTJ that was adamant Colin Firth's name was Colin Frith. (My husband.) Luckily we were in a video store and I was able to show him three - yes three - different DVD covers to eventually convince him he was wrong.

Hahaha, good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well now we know NTs have souls and that INFJs aren't perfect.

Two MBTI myths scratched off the list!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

any type can be an asshole. to the op, did you honestly think assholery was reserved for INFJ's?

that being said, i find myself offending people often with extra thoughts or opposing views on most subjects. the people i come into contact with often just want to hear how great things are.

i recently asked the dude at the coffee shop how he would react if someone actually told him how they were when he asked. he said he hoped that never happened. so to answer your question, yes, i can be an jackass sometimes too and honestly life would be boring if we didn't challenge people occasionally.

PS- peguy, you're a mature INFJ. rinse, repeat.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by almost rosey View Post
    any type can be an asshole. to the op, did you honestly think assholery was reserved for INFJ's?
    Transcends the familiar doesn't it

You're talking about one's own nature...

That perhaps once it starts it couldn't end otherwise