First 12345 Last

Thread: INFJackasses?

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Have you tried explaining what they don't know in a patient, logical, non-judgmental manner? That always works for me... my response to someone calmly pointing out that I don't know so much after all is to feel humble and .
    In my case, that had not worked, but, I suspect in my case the INFJ was starting to lose her grip on reality. Also she was considerably older, and just couldn't accept she was wrong...especially if informed so, by some one who was young enough to be her daughter. Sort of sad really.

This isn't directed towards any one here BTW, at all. In fact, I'm a bit embarrassed I'm kinda jumping on the band wagon a bit.

I do think that particular character trait springs up, when they are used to being the smartest person around, and no-one challenges it for a long time, or they are being self deceptive, clinging blindly to a belief that's long out lived it's usefulness. (or both) I also think it's a result of a really sheltered life, where they've been indulged a little too much, and not questioned enough.
    That's a bit damning. Sorry. I like you guys, I really do. I've vented before about this particular INFJ
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    GONE

Hmmm...I've actually never encountered this.

I thought by definition INFJs were engineered towards thoughtfulness, judiciousness, and nurturing. :P

I have a lot of respect for the INFJs I know IRL and even on this forum INFJs in general seem very level-headed...

Thinking of the flaws of the ones I know IRL, what the OP describes doesn't apply.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hmmm...I've actually never encountered this.

I thought by definition INFJs were engineered towards thoughtfulness, judiciousness, and nurturing. :P

I have a lot of respect for the INFJs I know IRL and even on this forum INFJs in general seem very level-headed...

Thinking of the flaws of the ones I know IRL, what the OP describes doesn't apply.
    The OP sounds a little hurt and jaded. I know exactly what you are talking about though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    The OP sounds a little hurt and jaded. I know exactly what you are talking about though.
    See! You are so thoughtful, judicious, and nurturing to humor him.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

See! You are so thoughtful, judicious, and nurturing to humor him.
    All the nice ENFPs live on type c.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I have an INFJ friend who I suspect wants to be burned at their stake for her beliefs. I like INFJ's a lot though (The very few I have encountered IRL), they seem so sure of themselves and so smart I never have to think again!

I have noticed a lot of INFJ's have been getting flak lately, it's curious. I am just glad no one has started a thread called "A question to INFP's" which asks: how many times a day do you cut yourself? Do you realize how irrational and selfish you are? Do you actually think people like your shitty-ass poetry?
    I'm pretty sure there is a thread with that hiding in the bowels of this forum. I'd have to send some energy on diging it up though; an endevour hardly worth the effort, if you know what I mean.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glycerine

XNFPs can't get all the love.
    I thought it was mostly ENFJs and INFPs who get bashed the most after the SJs and SPs. People seem to love the ENFPs and INFJs.

I have known about six infjs and they all seem pretty cool honstly-grounded, caring, not without fault but reasonable.

My one infj guy friend said when he was younger he was a real jerk to people but has grown up a lot.

I really find the infjs here to be beautiful and thought provoking. And many are very kind...

Phantonym

I guess this depends on what people consider annoying.

Mature INFJs have their own annoying attitudes. The example in the OP seems to be most likely a way to protect oneself by holding on to the beliefs. Admitting that you're wrong seems worse than behaving cocky.

Personally, I think I've been awesome since birth but ignorance is bliss and I'd rather not know what people really think of me most of the time. Merely being myself can annoy people out quite a lot. I have great potential to be an INFJackass, thank you very much.

The single INFJ I've met in "real life" is a wonderful human being and I feel honoured to know her. The INFJs online are among the awesomest people I've met.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Not actually. They are only a figment of the imagination. For some people it is a figment of everything they hate and for others, everything they love.
    Good to know ALL INFJs are exactly the same.