User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Are NF's behind the scenes?

Or is this just an introverted function.

I don't like it much actually, feels like I don't want to get recognized for anything particular but at the same time am conflicted and don't mind getting some kind of encouragement that yeah that was good, do more of that. Its like this humble, don't tell me, I am comfortable behind the scenes to propel others into success or good fortune, inspire them and yet would dislike very much to stand out and be given anything for it.

When I visit various professional offices you tend to see plaques, distinctions and awards framed right as you enter and I'm going, why! If you know your good, then why do you need to show that your good. I'd just store it somewhere in a file and show the creds if I have any, when asked to.

Also since I like being behind the scenes and am apparently trying for positions that are in your face not really behind the scenes, ha. Well anyway thoughts are welcome. Are you a behind the scenes person, do you thrive in such an environment.

Think a writer as opposed to an actor.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Depends on the job?

If it's something that I'm talented at, I tend to not really recognize that talent, unless if people tell me repeatedly, over and over, and even then, I keep it low-key.

If it's something I thoroughly enjoy, like working face to face with people? No. I really like engaging in conversations in situations where I'm helping people. I love helping and thrive on work that involves benefiting the greater good/common people. I like being able to take part in taking action somehow- so I'm not in the background as much.. it's a combination of putting myself out there and getting things done behind the scenes. When needed to negotiate, I don't mind being face to face. I prefer face-to-face communication.

In terms of awards & certificates? Like you, I tuck mine away in a file case, toss it under my bed, or toss it in my closet. I know. How much do I really cherish it? (I think subconsciously, for me, it relates to not being recognized early on as a kid for the achievements I received? I remember times when bringing home straight A's and being told that that's to be expected- not a big deal..okay..?). In fact, tomorrow, I think I'm going to perhaps hang at least one- just so that I can use it sorta as a motivator.. somehow..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I dont like being recognized for anything, encouragement is good, I like to be encouraged but I dont like getting awards, or pins, or anything like that.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

Just a couple days ago I experienced this. It was someone's birthday at my dance studio and everyone knew. They all brought balloons and gifts and were all really happy. It was my birthday too, but I didn't tell anyone for some reason...I just didn't want to make them all feel guilty?
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd rather not the world see me, but I crave knowing what I do is worth the effort.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I work on a team I feel a huge need to see the shining stars on my team receive accolades. I want them to be recognized and awarded.

But I am almost repulsed by awards. I like individual affirmation in a retrained way-if it is real-but not fluff praise just to make me happy. I want to push other to the forefront and allow them to be recognized.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I enjoy behind-the-scenes style of work best. I'm more interested in creating & being the idea person than performing in any way. Awards are not important to me, and I'm uncomfortable with the spotlight. I hate boasting, and I can be humble to a fault when I am supposed to be talking myself up (ie. job interviews). I don't feel it's an issue of insecurity, but people think confidence equals talking.

However, I do like to be appreciated & respected, to have my work acknowledged as good, and to be spoken well of to others. I don't want to be so hidden that my talent & contributions go ignored.

Oh, and fair compensation is a must. I know what I'm worth.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

yes.

take that marmalain sunrise

MBTI
    INFJ

Getting attention makes me feel like I am bragging, so I try to do stuff behind the scenes. Recognition makes me feel like a dipshit.
    Ground control to Major Tom