User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Often I do prefer to take of things behind the scenes, but there are times when I really want recognition. If I'm on a stage performing, I like being told that I did well. Compliments make me feel good. However, if I'm doing someone a favor, I like seeing their face of joy that some "fairy god-mother" took care of things for them.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.
    -Khalil Gibran

Fe=Ni>Ne=Ti>Te>Fi>>Se>Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i deleted my previous post because i wasn't quite sure what i wanted to say..too tired i guess...anyway...

i don't care about rewards or winning anything....i don't care about getting credit for things...i don't need to lead but i will if it makes sense for me to. i hate public speaking but don't mind being on stage...so i guess it could just go either way. i don't mind the spotlight but i don't necessarily seek it out.

it has a lot to do with the type of environment too. i do better and am much more comfortable in a non formal environment.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I don't mind presenting in front of people, I find it is a great experience for personal growth. But, I dislike hogging the spotlight; I like to give others a fair opportunity to express themselves. I could go either behind the scenes or to the forefront depending on the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

garbage

Hell no. "Get things going" is definitely my style. I do whatever it is that needs to be done to make things move, which sometimes means either stepping into a leadership role or allowing someone else to take it. You know, whatever works.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No.
    care to elaborate? huh?

speak for yourself. not others.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Phantonym

I am a behind the scenes person, very much so. I love being the drive behind something while staying in the background, observing everything and making sure that things run smoothly. I can thrive in such an environment...as long as it is known by the people that matter that I have an important part in the equation. I can put up a good face and endure for quite a long time when I'm taken for granted, I can play along, but when I will blow up, and it will definitely happen sooner or later, it will be nuclear. So, in order to avoid that, I have no problem with voicing my concerns when it is needed. Being a doormat is not my idea of personal success.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Whatever role I need to take I form myself to. Sometimes this is working behind the scenes and sometimes it is leading. Ive done both and havent figured out which I prefer. Whatever people need me to be I guess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i am definitely behind the scenes. i know who to talk to and how if i have a vision or goal i feel strongly about implementing... i'm not foolish enough to think anyone will most listen to me as a figurehead or authority figure when to them i probably appear very mousy...

let's just say i am more adept than i look, and i am most comfortable with things that way. too much attention on me is nerve-wracking and detracts from my ability to focus and really do a good job. i am more dedicated to outcomes than credit by far anyway....though it is nice when someone takes notice of a job well done, of course.

i have an ENFP friend who tells me i am more of a leader than i realize, but i think i lead more by example than by charismatic motivational means. i'll leave that to the experts.

i think i work best either a confidant, right hand (wo)man type, or simply as a gun for hire.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't care about rewards or winning anything....i don't care about getting credit for things...i don't need to lead but i will if it makes sense for me to. i hate public speaking but don't mind being on stage...so i guess it could just go either way. i don't mind the spotlight but i don't necessarily seek it out.

it has a lot to do with the type of environment too. i do better and am much more comfortable in a non formal environment.
    Pretty similar to this. I know when doing anything charitable I'd prefer people didn't know.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Its like this humble, don't tell me, I am comfortable behind the scenes to propel others into success or good fortune, inspire them and yet would dislike very much to stand out and be given anything for it.
    To propel others into success or good fortune? Pfft. Screw other people. Victory and accomplishment is MINE!

Seriously though, it depends. If it is something that I care deeply about and have put a lot of effort into, then hell yes I want recognition. I want awards, articles written about me, etc, etc. I like to know when I have done well. I may not always know how to accept compliments, but I do like them.

But if it is something inconsequential, something I don't care about, then nah, it doesn't really matter. I have an odd way of accepting compliments though, either I get really sarcastic or I get really awkward, or I get really cocky but in a sarcastic way. I don't know how to gracefully smile and say, thank you. Ahahaa.

I won't go out of my way to boast, but if it is something I put my 'soul' into, then uhm yes, applause please.