• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFPs, your dream job...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought it was the NTPs who trolled the NFPs.

well until we're ready to call me ENTP...it will be the ENFJs trolling the NFPs :D

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1:

Its my observation that NFPs dream job would be basically to just play all day :rofl1: ...you guys werent meant for work :D

uh, duh! now go back to setting up an event!

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yeah, if I could cut off every corner in life, I would.

:cloud9:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd love to own and run my own record store, but I'll be damned if that ever happens.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
uh, duh! now go back to setting up an event!

Yeah, don't you have some cheerleading somewhere to do or some white lies to tell? :newwink:

I have to agree though. I am a million times more successful when planning fun than work. It's probably for the best the majority of the population are SJ and into that sort of thing.*

* work, labor, exerting effort

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

Its my observation that NFPs dream job would be basically to just play all day :rofl1: ...you guys werent meant for work :D

I probably should have been a domesticated cat. Then you could see me on YouTube doing cute cat things!

But a job... eehhhh. :alttongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D As long as he doesn't do that chase the laser pointer routine on you, it sounds like a beautiful thing. :newwink: :)

:D He does the dangle a pretty necklace/chocolate/whatever else he sometimes spoils me with-routine instead, and i gladly oblige to paw at that and get it :wubbie:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I've been aiming to be a kept pet for an NTJ. This tells me I'm on the right track.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
a traveling band that goes around the world and plays in places like pubs and cafes. nothing too big.

infpBlog

MBTI Type
INFP
I've never felt as if there was just one dream job for me with a particular title that encompassed everything that I wanted to do.

My approach to work is that if I'm useful, someone will pay me. Right now that useful comes in from computer programming. Before that , it was web design. I'm thinking of transitioning to business development, but gaining skill in that is slow going.

Basically, I want a job in whatever interests me and what interests me changes every 4 or 5 years.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know what mine would be. In theory I like my job now just fine, but in practice anytime I start getting paid for something I start liking it less.

Something can be totally awesome and then when I attach the "job" label to it... meh.

Green Feldspar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Ahm, let's see...

Currently I'm a part time university student, and I have a part time job doing cleaning and gardening at a private residence. Right now, it's the ideal job, but in the future I hope to be a librarian or a writer, possibly both. :)

However, it's not set in stone, so maybe I'd like to do something with my art skills, too.

Last edited:

Green Feldspar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
I don't know what mine would be. In theory I like my job now just fine, but in practice anytime I start getting paid for something I start liking it less.

Something can be totally awesome and then when I attach the "job" label to it... meh.

I agree with you. Maybe it's because once you realize it is work, you don't want to continue because your vision of it has been corrupted. Or not. I don't want to put words in your mouth, he he.

Last edited:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
After seeing Fight Club, I think I want to make a living for myself not sleeping, attending Testicular Cancer Group Therapy Sessions, and constantly getting the shit knocked out of me every night. I'm convinced it will bring me more character and backbone than I already have. Thank the Lord.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
a traveling band that goes around the world and plays in places like pubs and cafes. nothing too big.

me too, something like this.
and also at the same time, meet new people from new culture, and see & experience the world.

I want & love freedom soo much!

and oh, I want to be that hero in the RPG-game world too,
the adventure seems to be very exciting & endless, compared to the real-world.
but yeah....unfortunately it's just a game :/

niki

MBTI Type
INFP

damn, I just got busted! :cheese:

you're right though..
even hearing the word "job" makes me feel like ugghh...
even in the most 'serene, beautiful, off-the-world' thing like MUSIC (which is what I'm trying to pave the path, to make it a full-time proffession *cross-finger*!), yet I just hate it so much when a family member, or a 'client' kept pushing me things like:
- "did you finish your JOB??"
- "have you get PAID for the JOB??"
- "have it made MONEY already? have you pulled out some clever marketing, promotional STRATEGY to WORK it wayy up to the top??"
(notice all the emphasized words)

guys,..I'm just trying to create & share the beauty here..
seriously, why does everything has to involve around job, job, job, and money, money, money, and prospect, prospect, and prospect? .....*sigh* (I know I know..this is such a verryy problematic attitude in our SJ-oriented world we're living!)

I guess now I understand more clearly of why I've been procrastinating soo much in music,..maybe because due to the 'pressure' from others, I started viewing it as a mere "job" that NEEDS to "make big money" from it..
it's sad, and hurting me.. that such beautiful thing such as music could even be 'tainted' in this "money/job/prospect-oriented" world!...but I guess this is Reality, and what I could always do & keep in mind is: to never give-up, and do it always for the sake of creating & sharing the beauty, as long as I'm still breathing, no matter what!

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm just a student in college right now. My current job is at Quiznos....not my dream job.

What I'd love to do is write scripts, then film them with beautiful cinematography (lots of interesting angles), act in my movie (but not as a main character), compose the movie soundtrack myself, video edit it all together (my favorite part), then watch the movie over and over because I'll be so in love with it.

Basically, I love expressing my vision, and that's the best way to do it.