User Tag List

First 4567 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've been aiming to be a kept pet for an NTJ. This tells me I'm on the right track.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

a traveling band that goes around the world and plays in places like pubs and cafes. nothing too big.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I've never felt as if there was just one dream job for me with a particular title that encompassed everything that I wanted to do.

My approach to work is that if I'm useful, someone will pay me. Right now that useful comes in from computer programming. Before that , it was web design. I'm thinking of transitioning to business development, but gaining skill in that is slow going.

Basically, I want a job in whatever interests me and what interests me changes every 4 or 5 years.
    Dare to be what you are and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. - Henri Frederic Amiel

www.infpblog.com - Blogging my thoughts on what it means to be an INFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't know what mine would be. In theory I like my job now just fine, but in practice anytime I start getting paid for something I start liking it less.

Something can be totally awesome and then when I attach the "job" label to it... meh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5

Ahm, let's see...

Currently I'm a part time university student, and I have a part time job doing cleaning and gardening at a private residence. Right now, it's the ideal job, but in the future I hope to be a librarian or a writer, possibly both.

However, it's not set in stone, so maybe I'd like to do something with my art skills, too.
    Last edited by Green Feldspar; 05-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I don't know what mine would be. In theory I like my job now just fine, but in practice anytime I start getting paid for something I start liking it less.

Something can be totally awesome and then when I attach the "job" label to it... meh.
    I agree with you. Maybe it's because once you realize it is work, you don't want to continue because your vision of it has been corrupted. Or not. I don't want to put words in your mouth, he he.
    Last edited by Green Feldspar; 05-14-2010 at 10:17 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

After seeing Fight Club, I think I want to make a living for myself not sleeping, attending Testicular Cancer Group Therapy Sessions, and constantly getting the shit knocked out of me every night. I'm convinced it will bring me more character and backbone than I already have. Thank the Lord.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    a traveling band that goes around the world and plays in places like pubs and cafes. nothing too big.
    me too, something like this.
    and also at the same time, meet new people from new culture, and see & experience the world.

I want & love freedom soo much!

and oh, I want to be that hero in the RPG-game world too,
    the adventure seems to be very exciting & endless, compared to the real-world.
    but yeah....unfortunately it's just a game :/

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

Its my observation that NFPs dream job would be basically to just play all day ...you guys werent meant for work
    damn, I just got busted!

you're right though..
    even hearing the word "job" makes me feel like ugghh...
    even in the most 'serene, beautiful, off-the-world' thing like MUSIC (which is what I'm trying to pave the path, to make it a full-time proffession *cross-finger*!), yet I just hate it so much when a family member, or a 'client' kept pushing me things like:
    - "did you finish your JOB??"
    - "have you get PAID for the JOB??"
    - "have it made MONEY already? have you pulled out some clever marketing, promotional STRATEGY to WORK it wayy up to the top??"
    (notice all the emphasized words)

guys,..I'm just trying to create & share the beauty here..
    seriously, why does everything has to involve around job, job, job, and money, money, money, and prospect, prospect, and prospect? .....*sigh* (I know I know..this is such a verryy problematic attitude in our SJ-oriented world we're living!)

I guess now I understand more clearly of why I've been procrastinating soo much in music,..maybe because due to the 'pressure' from others, I started viewing it as a mere "job" that NEEDS to "make big money" from it..
    it's sad, and hurting me.. that such beautiful thing such as music could even be 'tainted' in this "money/job/prospect-oriented" world!...but I guess this is Reality, and what I could always do & keep in mind is: to never give-up, and do it always for the sake of creating & sharing the beauty, as long as I'm still breathing, no matter what!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I'm just a student in college right now. My current job is at Quiznos....not my dream job.

What I'd love to do is write scripts, then film them with beautiful cinematography (lots of interesting angles), act in my movie (but not as a main character), compose the movie soundtrack myself, video edit it all together (my favorite part), then watch the movie over and over because I'll be so in love with it.

Basically, I love expressing my vision, and that's the best way to do it.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.