First 12345 Last

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Maybe not dream job, but i'm happy with the freedom i have.

Not sure

I have never really had a "dream" job ideal, hence above answers, i wish it was clear. I always get really into something then change my mind, it's very frustrating.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Nope, I do not have my dream job (or any job). I'm a graphic designer & feel pretty sure that anything in graphic design will never be a "dream". The commercial aspect sucks most of the joy, and dealing with clients makes you homicidal.

My dream job would be creative, flexible, and deal very little (if at all) with serving clients or the public.

I've thought that working as a fashion designer (small boutiques, nothing huge), an architect, a songwriter/musician (successful enough to pay the bills), an illustrator, a travel writer, a novelist, & a psychologist (research & teaching over counseling) would be interesting, but I'm sure they all have a hidden downside, some being similar to the downside of graphic design.

Ultimately, I'd like to be some sort of bohemian (is that a job?) - you know, one of those people who somehow manages to support themselves making fine art and writing poetry and novels and who lives in some nice loft in a downtown area and/or a quaint, isolated countryside, occasionally meeting up with their Bohemian posse to swap ideas and get tipsy. I'm pretty sure you have to be born into money to do that.

EDIT: I've noticed that the problem with my dream jobs & many NF dream jobs is that you have to be exceptionally good at them to make it work for you as a career. If you're at the bottom of the totem pole in these occupations, then it's more like a nightmare, and few climb to the top. Not so with other less "lofty" dreams....I mean, my SP sister feels she'd be happy as a bartender or a hairdresser - not so hard to achieve. When I think of more reasonably attainable jobs, they just don't seem like anything I'd want to do.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't have a dream job.

But a dream life- to travel all over the world, operate a five star restaurant as well as a music venue/ art gallery.

I'd get to see the world and learn of all its beauty and splendor, provide good amazing food and a space for musicians and artists to showcase their work.

Basically I want to do whatever I want while simultaneously giving some form of joy and entertainment back via support of the arts and fine cuisine.

*sigh*

MBTI
    ENFP

Ew. Who wants to work?

I want to be a screenwriter.

Until then...I volunteer, I travel, I read good books, I decorate cakes, I attend college just to learn, and when I am finished, I will be skilled at making decisions reguarding community sustainablity. When I have my career, I would like to write that darned screenplay and own a restaraunt. I'm pretty sure it would be boring to be one thing.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

I sort of have my dream job. I'm in grad school for communications strategy (advertising), but we do handle real clients. So, I'm kind of employed in the field.

I love it. The sheer variety of the stuff we get to do is amazing (we were even hired to depose a certain government official (not American) using media alone).

All the consumer research we get to do - the focus groups, the expert interviews - that's why I chose the field. However, I've also fallen in love with brainstorming new ways to tell a brand story. And learning the craft of persuasion. And presentation skills. Ah, and new product development. That's my favorite.

Still, dream job or no, I'm a restless girl. I know I won't do this forever. I'm thinking as a post career I'd love to be a patient advocate working for a hospital. Or an inventor. OR get more involved in the Welsh-language movement.

I need another few lives.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My dream job: Learning and experiencing things and getting paid to do it.
    In the near future: Not really.
    What I'm going for instead: A job that will challenge me, put my knowledge and skills to good use for society, and afford me the money I'd need to do the things I want to do with my life.
    What I'd like to do that's possible: just work in other countries in general.
    Fantasy dream job: Probably protecting something.. I could see myself being a knight, or a mercenary of sorts. I wouldn't mind being a treasure hunter either.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm stuck between pursuing art or pursuing language. I love language and I want to become fluent in them and use them for... something. I love art too and would love to pursue that as well. Currently I'm stuck in customer service, but due to some possible good fortune I'll be able to at least stock up on things like paints, copics and paper.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

a monk/saint.

because 'deity' is certainly not a realistic option.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

I am not doing my dream job but I am happy and satisfied with the job now I am doing...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have a few...i think i'll do them at different points in my life. right now i'm going for the photography one.

it's important i be my own boss and have creative control, flexibility and that it's different all the time and i can use my strengths....people and creativity.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison