User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

No, ?, and no.

I just want to tap dance every day of my life.

And I really like Japan.

Hmm...

I think the trick to getting past all the shit aspects of a job for an NF is the emotional pull. There is something in the job that makes you feel emotionally devoted which serves to energize you to complete the detailed work.

I need to find a job that better utilizes this. If I am helping another person it is an energy rush. It makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by brandie187 View Post
    I am working my way to my dream job (As of right now) I have always changed what I thought was my dream job. It used to be as a graphic designer. but I have changed it to working with children either at a daycare or a christian preschool or a normal preschool. From learning about myself more because of Myers Brigg, I realized that graphic design isnt for me. I always knew that I loved working with children or just being around them. I feel they understand me and I understand them. Do any other ENFP or INFPS feel the same way?

I just got a job working as a babysitter/nanny for a 6 and 7 year old. Its just a part time job, but it will be good for me while im going to school to get my bachelors degree. Im getting my degree for Christian Leadership.
    I am also getting my state license so I can work at a day care.
    I wouldn't give up on graphic design because of Myers-Briggs. ENFPs can do okay at graphic design if they get the skills. INFPs and ESFPs tend to be exceptionally good at it, so if you are lucky enough to have mistyped...

Also your dreams and interests come before what the test tells you. The test helps you identify the areas you might be satisfied in. If you know you like something else better and it satisfies you more, it is normally good choice.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

I want to be a musician or rock star, but I can't play music so that's a bit of a problem.

Second choice would probably be a writer, if I had the patience.

Another ideal would be to solve some big maths or physics problem, become a millionaire, give up on work, study medicine, then go wandering across the world treating people with weird diseases like on House.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like to be a philosopher, but since you generally don't see philospher advertised in the job ads...I wouldn't mind being an ethics adviser or some thing like that...but that probably invovles boring paper work.
    Otherwise, I'd like to come up with some ground shaking theory... in a scenorio where I become a world reknown eccentric reclusive with a reputation for having fasicinating and interesting lovers, but I'm kinda short on inspiration in that department.

Eventually though, I'd like to become a clinical psychologist with a cheesey, but best selling self help book under her belt, and burgeoning private practise. - I actually think this option would be possible (achievable), which says much about my grips on reality, LOL.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Are you doing your dream job?
    Not yet. My current job allows me to do some of the things I want, but at the same time I'm also doing things (project management) that I don't want

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee
    if not, is there oportunity in nearer future to do so?
    If I get promoted a couple of more times, then I'll get more time for the inventive, creative stuff and less on the nitty-gritty

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee
    do you know what your dream job would look like?
    I don't know if my current job is the exact job, but I do know the impact I want to make. And recently there have been some signs that I'm getting there somewhat My research lab is working together with the UN FAO and some of the work that I've done previously will probably be used by the agency. It's not really solving the world hunger problem, but hey, small steps at a time
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Getting there..

Dream job? Eventually soon, I hope.

My dream job allows me to set my own time, to go to bed at 2 a.m., wake up and go to work at noon. I hope to be able to teach and also be a personal mentor, working with inner city teens/young adults, and then opening my own private practice, small charity, start up some kind of business..

Eventually, I want to be able to branch out and work as an interpreter, sorta like an ambassador, using my 2nd maybe 3rd language abilities (when I get to it) but working with leaders of different countries, and perhaps bridge gaps somehow. I know, this all doesn't seem to make sense right now, but I know it will eventually.

Dream job is also something that allows me to be able to travel. I want to also incorporate art/photography.. IDK.. All I know is I love to just get out there and 'explore.'

Cool question! I don't know exactly 100% where I'm going, but I know I'm going somewhere, closer to my goals.. closer to mah heart!

MBTI
    INFP

I have a pretty great job now, but it's far from my "dream job" (I have high dreams).

When I studied at the university (psychology) I dreamed of working as an Analyical Psychologist just like Jung...
    It seemed quite aloof though, and gradually I changed course.

My dream jobs now are still quite lofty, but a man can dream, right?
    - Inventor
    - Creative writer/creator/director of a comedy show, either animated or "real".
    - Musician/Guitar player (in a band that manages to live well on the music).
    - Researcher space/astronomy/physics/future issues/psychology.

The dream would be to be able to work abroad and travel, let's say from the middle of september
    to the start of may (Japan preferably), and half the year in my native country.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

No

Maybe

"Space Janitor"
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

um, why work when you can be rich and live your life led by mood and whim lol