User Tag List

12 Last

Default an ENFP experiment

Try THIS!!!

So I sat at lunch with my entp today and she had me try a neat exercise. I was going to see if I could experiment on my fellow ENFPs and see if you guys notice the same thing.

For Fi-First imagine the sensation of opening yourself up to emotion. Relax away defensive walls and barriers. Identify where the emotion derives from. What kinesthetic properties define it? Identify sensations-feelings in your body that go along with that state. Create a list of them in your mind. Identify a word that captures that state. (For me the word was watermelon. It feels like watermelon. My center lies in my throat) Imagine yourself in a situation-remember the word that captured the state-now imagine letting your body “feel” that word in that future situation.

Take your right hand-hold the sensations and the word in your hand. Isolate everything in your hand. Move it from your body into your hand. You should be able to “feel” it.

For Te-imagine the sensations that Te evokes. For me it is a strengthening, a tension, a direct forceful confidence. Identify all of the physical sensations-for me my center, my being, moves behind my eyes. a defensive barrier. Again, capture those sensations into memory. Give them a word-“anneal” was a good one for me.

Take your left hand-hold the sensations and the word in your left hand. Again isolate everything there, moving it out of your body. You should be able to feel it all isolated in your hand.

Now in your right hand capture the Fi and in your left hand capture the Te.

Bring your hands closer together and let your palms turn to face each other slowly. As they move closer, you should begin to feel the two blend and combine. After a bit of practice noticing the two hands individually and at various distances-combine your hands into one and allow the two sensations to merge fully creating something new.

It was freakily weird.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

ok. interesting it was sort of strange

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    For Te-imagine the sensations that Te evokes. For me it is a strengthening, a tension, a direct forceful confidence. Identify all of the physical sensations-for me my center, my being, moves behind my eyes. a defensive barrier. Again, capture those sensations into memory. Give them a word-“anneal” was a good one for me.
    I don't know what my Te is.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    GONE

I think you just described a Reiki excercise.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't know what my Te is.
    Think about when you feel exceptionally analytical or when you are on a mission to protect someone else. That strength and willpower? I think that is Te. Even with your new type you would still have some of the same sensations.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Think about when you feel exceptionally analytical or when you are on a mission to protect someone else. That strength and willpower? I think that is Te. Even with your new type you would still have some of the same sensations.
    I think that may be "Te + Fi".

For me, Te is usually more calm, self-assured, everything "just makes sense."

There does come a time, for me, when things "don't make sense," and I need them to make sense very quickly. A sense of urgency comes along with the Te, and I can become abrupt and a bit prickly. I call it my "problem-solving mode." I'm rude, but not particularly unkind - it's more that unless interacting with a person is helping me solve a problem, I'll not encourage the interaction. I believe this, too, is Te + Fi. There is a core motivation that is saying, "Solve this problem, now."

By analogy, I would gently suggest that Te doesn't "feel like" anything to an ENFP. Rather, you encounter things in your world, and they usually just "make sense." You don't even have to think that hard: you just organize and order things, sometimes simply to please yourself, sometimes to accomplish a task as efficiently as possible so that you can go back to having fun. It isn't "cold", even though it looks like that when you see INTJs in action. Rather, it's just "not warm and emotive."

I think that when Fi and Te work together, that they feel rather much the same for INTJ and ENFP. I could completely identify with Oro's description: Fi makes a call in which one is completely confident, and Te executes that which is needed to follow through.

For the INTJ, Fi leans very hard on Te: Ni+Te works so damn well, after a while, that Fi simply has no reason to doubt Te-decisions. Fi is simply confident and secure as long as Ni+Te is in charge, and that is, I believe, a source of the INTJ confidence/arrogance. I think ENFPs can tap into this effect/feeling to a degree, depending on the individual.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I think that may be "Te + Fi".

For me, Te is usually more calm, self-assured, everything "just makes sense."

There does come a time, for me, when things "don't make sense," and I need them to make sense very quickly. A sense of urgency comes along with the Te, and I can become abrupt and a bit prickly. I call it my "problem-solving mode." I'm rude, but not particularly unkind - it's more that unless interacting with a person is helping me solve a problem, I'll not encourage the interaction. I believe this, too, is Te + Fi. There is a core motivation that is saying, "Solve this problem, now."

By analogy, I would gently suggest that Te doesn't "feel like" anything to an ENFP. Rather, you encounter things in your world, and they usually just "make sense." You don't even have to think that hard: you just organize and order things, sometimes simply to please yourself, sometimes to accomplish a task as efficiently as possible so that you can go back to having fun. It isn't "cold", even though it looks like that when you see INTJs in action. Rather, it's just "not warm and emotive."

I think that when Fi and Te work together, that they feel rather much the same for INTJ and ENFP. I could completely identify with Oro's description: Fi makes a call in which one is completely confident, and Te executes that which is needed to follow through.

For the INTJ, Fi leans very hard on Te: Ni+Te works so damn well, after a while, that Fi simply has no reason to doubt Te-decisions. Fi is simply confident and secure as long as Ni+Te is in charge, and that is, I believe, a source of the INTJ confidence/arrogance. I think ENFPs can tap into this effect/feeling to a degree, depending on the individual.

Your avatar picture is very appropriate to this topic.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

That was pretty hard to do. I actually felt more when reading and picturing it than when I actually did it. It's usually hard for me to dig deep into my emotions, but I'll try again later. Really cool concept, though.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

I want to try it, but I just don't know what to imagine in my left hand...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I want to try it, but I just don't know what to imagine in my left hand...
    I know what you mean.

Me, I reversed it, and put Fi in my left hand and Te in my right. Look at my current avatar to see what I used for Fi in my left hand. (Yes, I chose the avatar as inspired by the topic of this thread, that Oro mentioned to me in another context.) For Te, it was tough to decide. I thought computer keyboard, mouse, remote control, but eventually settled on my iPhone, since that's kind of a catch-all Te thing for me, juggling email and phone and internet and IM and texting and calendar schedules and alarms and calculator and map and GPS all in one.

Fortunately, bringing Fi and Te together didn't set my iPhone on fire.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.