User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 32

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    32

    Unhappy Life is the saddest story there is.

    You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

    That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Or maybe I'm just a bit depressed from over-thinking

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Life can be a story of tragedy or a story of joy. I think you need to come to terms with your own mortality. Don't over think.

  4. #4
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    It is also a matter of perspective.

    I can get stuck in the loop as well, but since I am not happy there, I really try to bring myself out of it.

    The things we remember most are based on the emotions we felt (because of the chemical reactions that go with them) that goes for the good and bad memories, so it seems that there is a choice of focus. *smile*
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  5. #5
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkerninja View Post
    Or maybe I'm just a bit depressed from over-thinking
    well god me too now...thanks for that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #6
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkerninja View Post
    You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

    That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.
    Instead of thinking of the things you've never done or "the good old times", think of all the things you could be doing right now!
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

  7. #7
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    ya know...i don't know if it's an enfp thing or what but it makes me horribly sad to not have enough time or enough experiences with people i love...it's like there's too much love and not enough time...life takes you away from people you love too often and it is sad.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #8
    Member MrRandom88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    70

    Default

    live in the present, NOT THE PAST OR FUTURE!!!

  9. #9
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Life can be fun




    ... if you really want it to be.

    You see, shit happens. Everybody is going through a rough time from time to time, but the trick is to get something possitive from that bad stuff. Learn from it. If you want to, you can help other people with it. In the end, it can even make you happier, stronger, except if you go sit in a corner and weep for the rest of your life.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Instead of thinking of the things you've never done or "the good old times", think of all the things you could be doing right now!

Similar Threads

  1. There very night your life is forfeit
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:12 PM
  2. The secret to life is positive imagery....if so, should I kill myself?
    By xisnotx in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
  3. Life is kicking the shit outta me!
    By Samvega in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
  4. What is the saddest...
    By Nihilen in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 02:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO