• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Life is the saddest story there is.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Imagine if we could only imagine what is somewhere real.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Life is the saddest story there is...it sure is, especially without enough magnesium, iodine, zinc and vitamin D. I understand the thoughts, its like your echoing my thoughts the last decade but seriously its a lack of something in your body that is creating these thoughts most definitely. Plus a poor personal life, apparently its one of those things that affects people, you start dwelling on the coulds and shoulds rather than the now and then.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.
:hug:

First of all, your piece moves people. I believe that your story does move people.

Second, we all feel that sometimes. It's what happens; and when that happens, you know you are mature. When you're a child, you are innocent, happy, joyful without any of the burden future life could hold. We're all intertwined into one story; even though we are involved in our separate stories.

Even though you might see such dead ends, there will always be a glint of wisdom. Treasure it. And with wisdom, comes fulfillment. When you see that, you can smile. And a smile heals everything.

:) Keep going. Don't give up; because that just seems to ruin all the wisdom you have gained. Lived 'til you know that you have done your best. Live 'til fate decides. Then you know you have tried, even though it was hard.

I don't want to seem like I'm the ultimate 'wisdom' dude or something. Just that I don't want you down, it makes my F tingle. :cry:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.

The only things that will outlast you are your contributions to knowledge and the effects you have on other peoples' lives. So get to work, sir!

p.s. There's nothing wrong with a few nights of existential angst... just be sure you come out of it before it consumes you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

In that cases you should know that none the less you sound like someone that is more optimistic than I am. I hope it helps. :yes:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
live in the present, NOT THE PAST OR FUTURE!!!

^ Propably the most overrated and overhyped answer I've ever heard on the topic. Sure, if you aim to be a mediocre being who doesn't even make the slightest difference in the long run, a part of the statistics, keep "living in the present" and don't care about anything else.

But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place.

This is why you have to carve your name in history by all means necessary, without losing your moral perspective. Live so as to never be forgotten, part of you will always remain here as a memento either of yourself and/or your work. Invent, explore, conquer, rewrite - and find the proper balance in experiencing the thrill of the moment and working for your future. Never forget about your goals, but learn to adapt them if the situation calls for it.

'Life' is neither sad nor happy per se, it's you who is feeling miserable. It's never too late to change. You won't get back the lost years, but you might still feel that you're living a "full life".

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
live in the present, NOT THE PAST OR FUTURE!!!

^ Propably the most overrated and overhyped answer I've ever heard on the topic. Sure, if you aim to be a mediocre being who doesn't even make the slightest difference in the long run, a part of the statistics, keep "living in the present" and don't care about anything else.

That was a bit of a harsh reply :puppy_dog_eyes:

I don't think random meant it that way, but you are right. Best way to avoid existentialism is to look just a little into the future, and at the present at the same time. The past can teach you lessons too. Balance is always the key.

This is why you have to carve your name in history by all means necessary, without losing your moral perspective. Live so as to never be forgotten, part of you will always remain here as a memento either of yourself and/or your work. Invent, explore, conquer, rewrite - and find the proper balance in experiencing the thrill of the moment and working for your future. Never forget about your goals, but learn to adapt them if the situation calls for it.

'Life' is neither sad nor happy per se, it's you who is feeling miserable. It's never too late to change. You won't get back the lost years, but you might still feel that you're living a "full life".[/QUOTE]

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
That is a coincidence. Last night I was crying on my boyfriend's shoulder (literally, lol) about how I didn't want to die, because I wouldn't have him in my life anymore.

What a sap. (But to be fair, it was just a tear or two.)

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

'Life' is neither sad nor happy per se, it's you who is feeling miserable. It's never too late to change. You won't get back the lost years, but you might still feel that you're living a "full life".

Ninja, I agree with Litvyak in the first commentary. To me, "Living for the moment" is a sensor credo [or the mantra for some N with S in its tertiary place, thinking their solutions for development fit the rest of us.] If its true you're an ENFP, your S is all the way down in the inferior function, it will bring you nothing but more pain more insecurities. You're probably gonna need a different answer.

However, I disagree with Litvyak's second paragraph, which to me, seems a little.... tender-minded.

So what if you're recognized or not? Carve your name in the books.. or you increase or decrease the state of knowledge. You'd have to get really high on the metanarrative of "human progress" to inhale that one. Knowledge for what? and for whom? Those ghosts that meander in and out of your life? Or was it for the comfort of humanity's next generation? ie future ghosts that will inhabit the illusion in a few years?

You'll find lots of pseudo-comforts along the way. Lots of "lets finish goals just because!" to "lets find beauty in random things", or better yet, some dumb Fi-charged mission about "making people see something they've forgotten".

All pretty damn worthless excuses. There is no solution. It's blank wall.

Life sucks, so ....[ Enter ridiculous, unintellectual, inefficient, cliche axiom here ].... !!!!

Oh yeah (to echo Litvyak one last time), forget "sustained happiness" by the way. That's an even emptier pursuit.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The saddest, yet it is the only game in town.

Thinkerninja, have you ever read this book? I recommend it to you wholeheartedly.

41dbg4ntaHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting post to consider for a few days? The prevailing thought in my "T"hinking head was that I'll leave this world almost exactly how I came into it.

Butt assed naked and crying like a bitch! :harhar:

:D

If I manage to pee on something on my way out...that's even better!

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what if you're recognized or not? Carve your name in the books.. or you increase or decrease the state of knowledge. You'd have to get really high on the metanarrative of "human progress" to inhale that one.

I can't give you anything more than my own personal take on this.
Life is meaningless and confusing for the individual, and a story of success and certainty for the collective. Just think of all the experience and knowledge our race has collected so far. We continue our progress based on all these tiny bits of data - individuals die, the collectivity remains. You may ask about the direction of this "progress"; well, since the only certainty in life is uncertainty in everything, we have to set goals for ourselves, and the most meaningful endavor for the fragile individual is to add to the great goals of the collectivity. The only common thing in different cultures and communities is the desire to find an explanation to the questions haunting us in many different ways, like mythology or the scientific method.

It's not only a utopian concept btw, I think it would have practical value too, among others.

Knowledge for what? and for whom? Those ghosts that meander in and out of your life? Or was it for the comfort of humanity's next generation? ie future ghosts that will inhabit the illusion in a few years?

Knowledge for the future of which we can never be certain. What if we could reach a level of global consciousness in the future? No more ghosts, generations or illusions? It's only an example of course, but how can you possibly be sure? I think we should continue our work not for people we love or our descendants, but for our personal contribution in a possibility of a future wholeness. If you are remembered as one of the people who pushed humanity one step closer to a more desirable state, that is something worth living for. And considering the amazing progress we've achieved from a simple notched flint to the Large Hadron Collider, I'm pretty optimistic. It's simply illogical to presume that something we didn't manage to change before can not ever be changed, epsecially since our species is young and we know so little about the world.

The saddest, yet it is the only game in town.

Which means it's not sad at all ;)