User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Instead of thinking of the things you've never done or "the good old times", think of all the things you could be doing right now!
    Better yet, DO some things that you want to do!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. I truly believe that we make our own meaning, doing things infuses meaning into them... building relationships, learning, climbing mountains, learning a new skill... living with love is the most meaningful thing I can think of.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkerninja View Post
    Or maybe I'm just a bit depressed from over-thinking
    Luckily we have the people in this world that love to learn about where people before them came from and we have lineage websites to help us research where we came from.

At the end of the day your mark is left on society. Knowledge moves on and we progress. Any small change you make to someones life will be carried on as knowledge. Look how much we know now because the people before us taught someone else. While its possible that a name is fogotten or a story is misplaced, you cant take away the fact that you made a difference in this world.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

ewww, that's totally what i think about too every day. i sort of trick myself into thinking that if i can just get a hold of NEW that i will be fine though... so Ne has me running around like a crazy person 24/7!

Also, I recommend I <3 Huckabees.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Yes. You're right.

It is sad. There's no way out. We mean nothing.

Welcome to existentialism, fellow ENFP. Congratulations on not doing the same mistake so many of our type fall into, which is to find some arbitrary but emotionally validating construct [ex: quantum spirituality] to bypass the conflict you're feeling.

Ne will suggest a million things - all useless, which should send you back crying to Fi where something like "life having no meaning" is less productive than chanting the Buddhist diamond suttra to an amoeba.

Unless you're a panpsychist, in which case... enjoy your conversation with your anthropomorphized friend.

Otherwise, the void welcomes you with open arms.
    : )

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

That almost made me want to quit smoking. Almost.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    STP

This Existentialism thing must be your J side needing a reason or goal or something for things. My J side is extremely weak.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkerninja
    That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever.
    Imagine if you had done all those things you regret not doing in those final moments. Imagine if some part of you, somewhere, had experienced things you hadn't here. Imagine a trillion yous, spread across all of existence, connected with a web-like soul; layers and layers of you, who, collectively make every choice there is to be made and experience everything there is to experience. Imagine the recombination of this gigantic web; a crystal clear recollection of every single life lived..
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Even if you can 'remember' by imagination, its worth, feeling and memory is much less than that of reality. Why can't so many things be real? Why can't so many things even be made real? Why does life choose to make any world a sad course? Why does imagination have to run such a wild course!?