User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Hug? Am I really this sad?

I currently have this strange desire (in a platonic-love-ish-way) to go around hugging all my best friends, yet I dont because it would be too strange and sudden/spontaneous and probably uncomfortable. I hardly ever hug people. I feel kind of sad, aaah why is this? I also don't generally like initiating hugs because I don't really know 'how to'? Or just because of the awkwardness. I'm also afraid that friends would just reject my hug (it does hurt)

Does anyone know why this is? Is it depression? Or am I just 'poorly' developing my auxillary Fi? AAahhh ..

Hug?

Phantonym

Maybe you're just feeling a bit lonely lately. It's not necessarily depression. Desire for physical closeness, even if it is platonic, can also be a desire for security and connection to people.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkerninja View Post
    I currently have this strange desire (in a platonic-love-ish-way) to go around hugging all my best friends, yet I dont because it would be too strange and sudden/spontaneous and probably uncomfortable. I hardly ever hug people. I feel kind of sad, aaah why is this? I also don't generally like initiating hugs because I don't really know 'how to'? Or just because of the awkwardness. I'm also afraid that friends would just reject my hug (it does hurt)

Does anyone know why this is? Is it depression? Or am I just 'poorly' developing my auxillary Fi? AAahhh ..

Hug?

I know how you feel. I get random urges to hug my close friends but normally dont because it would be too awkward.

It passes.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Same for me, dawg.

I say just find an excuse to hug them and show them you appreciate them. Just because you're an FP doesn't mean you can't use Fe

They'll appreciate it. Unless, like, you're a biker and have lots of biker friends
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I never felt the urge to hug ANYONE unless I shared a reaaally deep connection with them.

I don't hug my mom, my dad, my sisters or my brother. I don't hug my friends. And ya know what? I'm quite fine with it

I kinda put it next to kissing and sex. It's something I value in a romantic relationship...but not really outside of it. It's too intimate.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I find it really awkward to give hugs. I don't know why! When someone hugs me, I feel uncomfortable. I start inwardly thinking and starting to feel insecure.

I don't give hugs out..I don't think I've actually given a real one in real life. EVER! Not that I can remember in these teenage years..

Homosexuality kinda played a big part...Maybe?

Arrgh I'm such an unlovable person !

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Thanks guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants hugs - loveee is so great and makes you get that fluffy feeling inside. (did that make sense?)

Haha @Sytpg, who I consider to be one of my closest friends is an ISTJ-I would love to hug her but oh my it would be very awkward and I would presume probably uncomfortable for her.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Big I'm a fairly tactile person, i understand.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

oh, this is weird. I get what you are saying though. Typically I dont like to have other people touch me at all. But sometimes I get in this crazy ass mode where I really want to hug certain people.

I then go hug my ENTP friend. MUHUHUHAHAHHGAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes her cringe.

I hug INTJs too and will give ISTJs cute little arm hugs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Free hugs shirts help