• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] GOODBYE ESFP! I'm joining the ENFP Circle :)!

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Well..Lately I think that I have shed away my ESFP, and have now evolved into an ENFP.

I just wanted to say hey here! :hi: And that I wanted to know some information around here?

What are ENFPs about? Generally? How do they view things?

Thanks for any input :yes:!

I know the SPs will miss me.. I'll miss them too.

Oh if you started a blog over there; is it possible to move to the NF side? :shock:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we allowed to change types at will now?

Sweeeet.

I want to be an ESTP! :happy2:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well ESFP doesn't have the best connotations around here so I can understand why you would think ENFP. ESFPs are pretty awesome though - the information on this forum about them is pretty worthless though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well ESFP doesn't have the best connotations around here so I can understand why you would think ENFP. ESFPs are pretty awesome though - the information on this forum about them is pretty worthless though.

I'm inclined to think that this is precisely what happened.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I had an ESFP friend who is pretty involved online and in forums join the forum. They ended up getting offended by all the stupid stuff people said about ESFP. Because the stereotype was so loud, comparatively, they got the feeling that the whole forum felt that way. It didn't take them long to leave the forum.

And then people wonder why there aren't many ESFP's on the forum.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love ExFPs, especially ESFPs. They can be intoxicating.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I had an ESFP friend who is pretty involved online and in forums join the forum. They ended up getting offended by all the stupid stuff people said about ESFP. Because the stereotype was so loud, comparitively, they got the feeling that the whole forum felt that way. It didn't take them long to leave the forum.

And then people wonder why there aren't many ESFP's on the forum.

Yeah, they either leave or they think they can't possibly be ESFP's because they're not retards that need their food cut up for them or blended into a shake so they don't choke and die, thus, they become ENFPs! And now everyone loves them.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^Ah, I made a spelling error, I must be esfp. Oh wait, enfp's are dumb too, nevermind.

P

Phantonym

I love ExFPs, especially ESFPs. They can be intoxicating.

I feel the same. Both ESFP's and ENFP's can be ever so frustrating (the feeling is mutual, I'm sure :devil:) but I wouldn't have the world without them. :hug:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think Ming comes across as more of an ENFP anyway. I see a lot of random Ne paths/tangents in his posts. When he had ESFP listed, I was thinking about PMing him and asking him how certain he was of his type.

It's possible that he changed his type label because he learned more about typology and found out that ENFP fits better. It doesn't necessarily have to be due to the fact that he discovered the stereotype around here that says ESFPs are some sort of bumbling idiots.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well Ming is still growing. He's 15 so I'd give it a few more years for a more solid type for him.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Questions-

Why did you think you were ESFP in the first place?

And what about it doesn't fit you in that you think you're an ENFP?

What swayed you to ENFP?

Here's a good link for ESFP vs ENFP- ESFP - ENFP

I think Ming comes across as more of an ENFP anyway. I see a lot of random Ne paths/tangents in his posts. When he had ESFP listed, I was thinking about PMing him and asking him how certain he was of his type.

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, except for the exact opposite reasons. :laugh: When he switched to ENFP at first, I was tempted to PM him to ask him why. And I also don't really see much Ne... He just seems to put out a lot of energy in his posts like ENFPs do. So people think he's ENFP because of that.

Another thing to consider is that Ming is a guy, and we really don't have many ESFP guys here who post seriously. People's perceptions of ESFPs may just be from the chicks on here.

Well Ming is still growing. He's 15 so I'd give it a few more years for a more solid type for him.

That too.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm inclined to keep thinking of ming as an ESFP. Walk into the forum as an ESFP and 200 posts later ESFP is now ENFP.
Either the N bias continues to be strong here or it's just a feeling of wanting to fit in rather than the bias.
And these...
Well..Lately I think that I have shed away my ESFP, and have now evolved into an ENFP.
The bolded...

What are ENFPs about? Generally? How do they view things?
These questions.

In my impression ming has continuously shown more Se then Ne. To change one's type from S to N in the forums is not uncommon especially for the much younger set with a lack of knowledge in MBTI.

However, there is credit towards his side of the possibility of being ENFP as the ESFPs who tend to post here only posts here very occasionally while ENFPs are more continuous posters and ming seems like he's posted continueously for some time. Is it the bias against the ESFPs or is MBTI generally more interesting towards ENFPs?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...it's curious to me because i'm very sure of my n but i'm not so sure how apparent it is on here.

maybe it's hard to tell online??

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think we can "change" our type. It's something we're born with. It'd be like being left-handed all your life and then at 30-years-old deciding you had become right-handed.

Nonetheless, we can strengthen our weak cognitive muscles to buttress our weaker functions. This comes through practice. It takes a lot of work to not use the cognitive function that feels most comfortable to you, and instead use the one best suited to the situation at hand.

So if you really are an ENFP, you always have been one. It is easy to confuse ENFPs and ESFPs at first glance. BlackCat's link about how to differentiate between these two types is a really good one that I had not seen before. (Thanks for posting BlackCat.)

I have a good friend who is an ESFP. We are so much alike in soooo many ways. We're both unafraid to jump into new things. We both sit back and take it all in before we make a decision. We both are attuned to people's feelings and have a wide-ranging group of friends and contacts. And, we're both basically happy-go-lucky people.

But there are stark differences as well. I'm always seeking the meaning in things. She takes things as they are.... And, while she's willing to jump into a new situation and can change on a dime, she feels no compelling need to do so unless she can see a clear, logical reason for making changes or seeing a situation from a new, different light. Not so with me who loves to toy with ideas, examine things from all angles, and change just for the hell of it... and with little regard as to if there is a tangible reason to change.

It drives her nuts sometimes how I jump around in the conversation flitting from idea to idea. It drives me nuts sometimes how she can be overly blunt in her speech.

But nowhere do I feel more different from her than when we talk about people we know. My interactions with my friends / professional contacts / and adversaries, are all part of a bigger story in which I'm living. I ruminate on the people in my life and take great joy in interacting with them and then analyzing those interactions. I crave deep, meaningful, and authentic emotional connections with people.

My ESFP friend could not be more different from me in this regard. She has tons of friends, but they just do things together... which for her is enough. This baffles me. Such connections are at the core of who I am.

So welcome to ENFP-land! We're glad to have you. :)

- Josephine

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ming, you are really going to have to prove your N-ness LOL You don't get into the club without some solid proof!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, ENFPs often question their type anyway. It just made me think about the bias, my posts weren't so much about Ming as what could happen. I think he might be a bit young still to type.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I myself think that you can change your type. I don't really understand the differences in S/N; and I'm still trying to explore more on these two sides. That's why I'm flipping to one side or the other.

There are just aspects that fit me, and some that don't. And because of this, it is hard to just fall into a SINGLE category. That's why I switch between. I might even switch to something else later. Right now, I feel Ne describes me better.

And I believe you can change your type. Humans always change. As we gain more experience/knowledge, our trail of thinking will change. Even though it might be small or unnoticeable.