• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] GOODBYE ESFP! I'm joining the ENFP Circle :)!

gromit

likes this
I understand about feeling like aspects of both seem to fit you.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good riddance! :cheese:

Enjoy your Idyllicism in an Artisan manner. :newwink:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I myself think that you can change your type. I don't really understand the differences in S/N; and I'm still trying to explore more on these two sides. That's why I'm flipping to one side or the other.

There are just aspects that fit me, and some that don't. And because of this, it is hard to just fall into a SINGLE category. That's why I switch between. I might even switch to something else later. Right now, I feel Ne describes me better.

And I believe you can change your type. Humans always change. As we gain more experience/knowledge, our trail of thinking will change. Even though it might be small or unnoticeable.

Ming, humans always do change. I agree with you completely. Type is about a pattern of behavior. It's about habit. Which cognitive processes does one naturally feel more comfortable using? Which ones we use may change, but our starting point is hardwired, according to the theory. And this rings true to me. For example, there is a HUGE difference between an ENTJ and an INFP trying to act like an ENTJ. It requires an immense amount of mental energy to not be in your resting (read natural / hardwired) state.

By the way, I feel confident after your last post that you're an ENFP. Seeing every possible side of a situation is soooooo ENFP.

And one of the salient characteristics of being an ENFP is that you can tailor your approach to the needs of those around you. In other words, I can present one way with some people and another with a different group.

So I challenge you to take some time and observe yourself. Observe the underlying patterns of your behavior. Do you seek intense and meaningful emotional connections with other people? Can you spend hours talking about theory and analyzing things with certain of your friends? Then you're an ENFP baby! Enjoy the ride. :cheese:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, just feeling like people don't "fit" into a mold doesn't rule out ESFP either. I've had enough discussions with an ESFP about it to know that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, just feeling like people don't "fit" into a mold doesn't rule out ESFP either. I've had enough discussions with an ESFP about it to know that.

yeah you said your mom and sister are both esfp's right? you can probably point out the differences pretty well.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
there goes another one...

this forum probably has like 1 esfp

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You'll go back ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ming, what do you live for? I mean, really, what keeps you getting up in the morning? What makes you the happiest?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Ming, what do you live for? I mean, really, what keeps you getting up in the morning? What makes you the happiest?
Ooh. That's a really hard question.

I live for life. I live for the things that I have right now. I live for my future dreams and wishes. I live for a partner in life who will accept me for who I am. I live for those who might need my love when I'm older. I live because I don't want to die yet. I live because I do.

Hmm Happiness. I'm very content with myself right now. I feel very blessed; though the one thing in my mind right now is perhaps a special person who will accept for who I am. So I guess the future lover/partner in life? I have so much 'me' to offer :D!

Hope keeps me getting up. I live to experience all I can experience. I'm here to live only one life (unless reincarnation does occur), so I might as well live it to its fullest. I still am unhappy/insecure about a lot of things, but at least I can be content with things I have done already. And because I hate a boring life. Urrrgh boredom!

I feel guilty about a lot of things too, and I guess I want to relieve myself? :shock:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:doh: I don't know; Maybe I should mark myself as an ExFP. Seems more accurate..

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hope keeps me getting up. I live to experience all I can experience. I'm here to live only one life (unless reincarnation does occur), so I might as well live it to its fullest. I still am unhappy/insecure about a lot of things, but at least I can be content with things I have done already. And because I hate a boring life. Urrrgh boredom!

If you won an all-expenses-paid trip to anywhere in the world for one week, where would you go, and why?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aren't you too young to have a type ?

People don't live without personality, even robots can have personality. It just takes some growing and develop to truely understand yourself well enough to type yourself. Which is probably what you were getting at there... :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If you won an all-expenses-paid trip to anywhere in the world for one week, where would you go, and why?

This is really the important question. I might do the same thing as an ESFP but I'm thinking very different things - it's all about the why. I can also drive ESFPs crazy with making things too complicated. Not that ESFP are simple, they are just more straightforward.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Aren't you too young to have a type ?

Hmm.. people seem to discriminate against my age a lot. :shock:

Just because I'm 15, doesn't mean I can't type myself. I might not have experienced as much as many of the older members of this forum, but it doesn't mean I don't UNDERSTAND who I am.

I don't see why people are using it as their 'argument' against me having a type.

So, if I was 18, does that mean I would have 'settled' down already? So once you're 18, you know yourself truly. No exceptions or grey areas?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Argentina? IT was the first thing I thought of when the globe turned around in my head. So there.

Why? Because that was what I thought of first. :D