Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Intelligent, dry, sarcastic etc.

I like silly humour too though

MBTI
    INFJ

I detest puns with a passion. I'd like to think I'm pretty funny. Not in a joke-telling sense, but in a clever, quick-witted, improvisational sense. Or I just make myself more of a clutzy, naiive goofball than I really am for the sake of getting laughs. Depends on my mood. I make my group of friends laugh more than anyone else does. I love dry British-esque humor and clever sarcasm. Makes the world go around,

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    INFJs, what usually gets you laughing, or what is your sense of humor style?

For me, it's usually dry wit and sarcasm. Big fan of political satire, the dry witty one-liner. I also find English obsurdist humor funny as well. Sometimes I find irony and some incidences in real life funny as well.

I try to tell a joke, and it usually falls flat, so I use one-liners, or can have a bit of a mischievous/ smart-alec style humor, self-deprecation.

More of a dry humor person. How about the rest of you?
    I think I have a fabulous sense of humor...

on the top its all dry wit, making random connections and snap comparisons. I am fond of puns.

At the same time, I like slap stick goofball stuff and dirty raunchy humor. I can laugh at just about anything except crazy ass ENFP type of humor which is all too random and not enough punchline for me hhaaha.
    Ground control to Major Tom

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Gosh, it's like you guys know me or somethin'. Dry, ironic, sarcastic (not mean) humor all the way with a few puns and something just silly now and then. Crude humor, potty jokes and cruel humor just need not apply. I can't stand Jim Carrey or Chevy Chase (eg) for the record.

Intelligent humor, I forgot that one.
    Last edited by PuddleRiver; 04-24-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

My sense of humor is very.... openminded, and filled with weird metaphors that apparently only I understand.

If I'm in a good mood ANYTHING can make me giggle (if only on the inside like: 'Ha, that's kinda silly')

My humor is crappy because I'm not good at speaking. Imagine forgetting the punchline right WHEN you need to say it. Yeah. It's like that. I do better with one-liners that, I guess, no one understands usually. When they do, though, I almost always get a little chuckle from someone. then it's downhill from there because my Fe goes: 'Ooo that made the mood go up! Do it again!' and my humor can't be funny on-demand. Lastly-in-this-paragraph, when the mood is crappy I seem to be the upbeat one. The little-bit-really-wierd one that turns into a clown. It happened backstage in one of our performances once. The drama-aura backstage was so black it stuck in your lungs like tar.

Robin Williams: Hell yeah! George Carlin: The first time through: Hell yeah! Dane Cook: Can burn in a fire. I like comedians that don't give me a 'douchebag' vibe. The good ol' boys of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour are pretty great too. I like Ron White.

I also like the Tiger Lilies, a black satire cabaret-type band. Their humor is as black as a cowboy's coffee (Jesus, Besotted Mother, Murder, and Suicide are good and black songs from them.)

Titler is funny because he belittles Hitler (heck, anything that belittles important things, or over-pomps small things is funny to me if done right)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

I like observational humor. That is not limited to Seinfeld type monologues, I also find a lot of humor in the absurdities of everyday life. Wry and witty observations are great. I'm not going to pretend I don't laugh at people who may not have been intending to be funny, but not in a cruel way. Sometimes I feel personal embarrassment for people in TV shows or movies so deeply. It is hard for me to enjoy humor based on humiliation even though its fiction. I feel like my sense of humor is kind of particular. I love it when I find someone who has the same sense of humor as me, because many people don't share it. Many sitcoms and popular raunchy comedies don't make me laugh. I don't find the self-injury shows entertaining.

I watched a lot of stand up comics growing up. Listening to people's funny stories is really enjoyable for me. I have a good memory and can tell stories well, so I guess situational humor suits me best. I like to be funny and make people laugh.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I have a male INFJ friend, and he actually has a rather T-ish sense of humor. Pretty crass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Sarcastic and witty repartee, amusing pop-culture references, satire from biting to really absurd (think the movie Zoolander, or The Colbert Report), observational humor (think The Office at its best). I don't like humor that I perceive as overly self-conscious or pointlessly absurd, e.g. almost any Wes Anderson movie.

I'm an absolutely horrible joke-teller and usually pretty shy when it comes to humor, but when my personal sense of humor comes out, it's usually in the form of sarcasm or funny observations.