• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] ENFJs how do you use Se

username666

Or how do you think you use it? What are some examples of the Se function that apply to you?

How does it interact with Ni? Can you describe how these two functions interact or complement each other?

Any other insights would also be great

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well it shows itself in some varied forms with me:

Since it's only tertiary and not the most developed function in me, it comes out when I'm angry. Slamming doors, wanting to hit someone, if I'm extremely pissed off, throwing stuff, putting holes through walls or doors. Oddly enough, I've never hit anyone out of anger, but I have put holes in walls and doors.

It also comes out during sex :devil: but in a positive, caring, constructive way. It's remarkable how Se can mimic non-verbal Fe in such situations.

Also, due to my new found desire to be a well rounded human being, it comes in handy lifting weights at the gym.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Indulgence... it usually comes out AFTER I've run it through Ni and feel like its a good idea to "let go" for the big picture, but then i usually get carried away... usually marked by a STRONG desire to do one of the following, and then an intense reaction of pleasure at getting to do it:

shopping (for me & others), decorating, incense & perfume & spraying the house with too much air freshener, eating out, drinking, getting out of the house, rolling around in grass, and sex - majorly -much more Se in sex since being with an ISTP. Also working out, swimming and dancing. Anything physical.

Ni can have an interesting effect on my Se... I think sometimes I can idealize the experience by seeing it as good for me in the long run... so I feel heightened sensation but its also dreamy, like nostalgia during the indulgence.

I also get more into using Se when I'm stressed because I can't put something together in Ni. So if im uncertain of some aspect of the future that makes me feel insecurity, i'll bury my face in the present through Se. Though it can get unhealthy, and I can rebound, judge myself and feel guilty, if I stay there too long.

Oh, and movies... big time.

Neutralpov

When I have all my work taken care of I like to go downtown. I live downtown and love the night life, and live music! Austin has tons. I go to the festivals and the people watching is a great Se outlet. SXSW is international music festival level so watching the city be overturned with cultural groups is amazing. Also I love to drink wine and fun drinks that look fabulous. Being tipsy and feeling buzzed on a sweet warm patio up top on a roof deck here is awesome.

When stressed I think Se is my friend a lot. I need to let facts in and when I do it is a very good thing. I am left at the emotional impression of the last conflict or interaction so when I see the person after conflict I can take in their new attitude and then begin to process what I want sometimes when I am unsure how the conflict was perceived by the other person. So yeah letting in interactions to sooth out the problem instead of immediately disassociating and succumbing to inferior Ti being dramatized because I am fixating. I could have saved myself some grief if I had realized this at a younger age.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think Ni/Se works like this: I take names, THEN I kick ass, in that order. :) Nah, but when I get all stuck on a problem, the only thing I can do to stop concerning myself with it, is something sensory. They say ENFJs are the ultimate lovers who both know what you need, and how to provide it; I think this Ni/Se combo provides for that a great deal, but that's just a Ti-induced theory. ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to move. Move, move, move. Physically engage. It really does get me "out" of my head. I get really physical, like to horse around. I like to immerse myself in the physical world because I know at any moment my Ni is going to whisk me away back to my cloud.

From the ENFJ standpoint, Mr. Juice and I have had discussions about our Se and how we almost have to treadmill ourselves like pitbulls to get all the energy out when we're under severe or prolonged stress. Untended Se, no matter how small it is (in my case, pretty danged small *Se envy*), it can wreak havoc on you when it gets down to crunch time and you've been bottling up your tension. Fe-Se can get very aggressive, esp when ignored or backed into a corner.

From a tertiary standpoint, speaking to an Se primary is very elucidating. Halla has been an excellent source of information and encouragement for my Se. I've had a lot of trouble grounding myself over the years because of abuse and illness and because of my Intuitardiness, so knowing friendly and understanding Se users can really help.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Intuitardiness

:rofl1: A most awesome description.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I could claim credit for it, but alas, I cannot. I do like to stand next to it though and look very smart by association.

frylockholmes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Let's see:

My ENFP husband says he can NEVER get away with anything because I see/hear/smell/taste/feel every little detail of my environment. For instance, when he used to smoke(or was supposed to be quitting), he would walk into the room and the second I was within 5 feet, I ask, "So how many cigarettes have you smoked today?" He thought he was being sly... haha! Then we take a trip to get food in his car, I see a receipt in his drink holder. It's yellow. I don't even look at it, but I know... I ask, "So what kind of amp did you put on layaway this time?"

When it comes to acting out impulses, I tend to throw things. I'm mad about something, I throw down whatever is in my hand. If I'm in my car, I blow my horn as long as it take to feel better. But it also has good aspects... whenever I see a hybrid rose bush, I MUST stop and smell until I can't anymore. If I hear Say Anything - Alive with the Glory of Love on Pandora, I must find my husband and screw his brains out that second.

I hope I'm accurately describing my Se function... I sure tried. :)