User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default With which types do you get along the best?

I was just wondering if there are any particular type / temperament that NF's get along the best. Or is it just a question of personal taste?

So, the question is:
    With which MBTI types/ temperament do you get along the best? Why do you think that is? With which MBTI types / temperaments don't you get along with?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -
    My own observations:

- ESFP's are really easy to get along with and I usually enjoy their company a lot.

- I usually like ESFJ's and Fi & Fe types in general although the J-types tend to annoy a bit me if they try to control me. (People with main F-function feel usually "soft" and I usually like them straight away).

-I had real good connection with some NF-types, xNFJ's in particular. INFP's are harder to "reach". (Don't have too much experience with ENFP's except myself )

- The most interesting conversations are usually with iNtuitive types, because they usually like to talk other things than reality stuff.

- All the F types like to speculate about people and relationships (usually) so they are nice to talk to most of the time.

- ENTJ's are usually nice to talk to, they have a vision and are clear and intelligent.

- ENTP's are really fun people.

- ESTP's are also fun, although they could slow it down sometimes and think for a while.

- INTx's are also interesting to talk to if they see me as worthy of their time (If they see that I have brains and intuition behind the buzz and me talking all the time.)

- I have the most difficult time with the most controlling types (ESTJ's in particular if they try to control me) and some of the NT's when they get arrogant.

- I find it difficult to get along with really pedant ISTJ's who are really serious (not all of them are).

- ISTP's sense of humour can be sometimes intimidating although I have a good practice of it with my ISTP husband...

- I don't like really blunt (some ESTJ's) and unfriendly people (T-people sometimes)

Of temperaments, I usually like NF's and SP's straight away, especially Extroverts (because Introverts don't always let me to know them). NT's are usually interesting but a bit more difficult to understand than NF's or SP's. With SJ's I have the most trouble although I do get along nicely with ESFJ's (as said before).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

That's odd (sorry slight tangent and I'm not an NF, hope these grevious transgressions are forgiveable). The ENFP I know can't stand the ISTJ I know..... odd because one is the shadow of the other.. I quite like ESFJs myself and ISFJs and ENTPs seem to get on fine.. Very odd..

Anyhow just thought I'd mention it.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have yet to find a type who's membership mostly impresses me or disgusts me... for me the negatives and positives end up balancing eachother out.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

My closest friends in real life are: INFJ, INFJ, ENfJ/ENtJ, and ENFP.

I also have an ISFJ coworker who I'm becoming closer to.

My brother is INTP and I love him and get along really well with him. I also know of another INTP male who I get along pretty well with -- we've always had interesting discussions, and there haven't been any 'problems' with anything.

Romantically I've been with ENFP, ENFJ, and ENTJ - that is, actual relationships. I've probably come across nearly all of the types in dating, though. ENTJ was the most contentious romantic relationship, as we never fully understood each other or connected terribly well.

I know one INFP, who I adore. He's the wisest man I know, and is so special to me.

Most of the people I hung out with in college though were T's - ST's or NT's, with maybe a few NF's thrown in - I was in the engineering crowd. We got along pretty well, although on a deep level I've never really connected with my IsTJ friend or the eSTJ one. The ENTJ one, though, yes, we got along well.

I think ENTJ's are hit or miss for me. I've gotten along well and maintained relationships with a few, but I've also had huge blowups/misunderstandings with two, where neither of us has had a desire to resume the relationship afterwards. So it boils down to fundamental differences in how we process things, I guess, and the ones I'm still friends with are ones who hold similar values as I do, and are probably closer to the F side of T.

ESFJ - I know some in real life, and get along fine; I just feel I operate on a different plane, so don't think we have much in comon

ENTP - don't know of any for certain, although as a kid I'm pretty sure I got along really well with an ENTP female - we had a lot of fun together

*ISTP - don't know of any for sure

ISFP - don't have any in my life right now, I don't know

INTJ - probably knew some in engineering, but I guess I've never had any close to me in real life, so I have no examples

*ESFP - none close to me in real life, but I'm positive I've been acquainted to some; again, never close relationships

ESTP - none close to me in real life; don't know of any ones for sure, but when I think of ESTP, my mind conjures up the image of a player/womanizer/stockbroker (don't know why, I just think stockbroker!!), so I'm kinda scared of them and don't trust them!
    --------
    *I should add that at the climbing gym, I'd guess the 3 guys I typically climb with are ESFP, ISTP, and ENFJ guys. And in general, the climbing gym is probably quite SP -- all in all, the climbing people are very cool, fun people to hang around!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I deal best with xNTP types. (The conversation is scintillating.)

Then comes INFx types (depth of soul, vision, humanistic, interested in meaning), followed by ENFJ and then ENFP types.

Next, ISFJ. I simply understand them and know how to speak with them comfortably (they're also a safe environment, very gracious people). The differences do not stand out because I am low-key and responsible and kind and listen well... things they really appreciate.

Then comes ESFP. (Would score higher, but they are often so unfocused I get frustrated.) Then ISFP (wonderful people, loyal friends, kind and faithful, and low-key artsy/fun, but can get too moralist on traditional/feeling values and I clash with them on N and T then).

Then ISTP. (Would score higher, but they are often so concrete that friction results.)

Then usually INTJ and xSTJs. (They all operate with Te.)

And then ESFJ, and then ESTP (too much a "player," feel untrustworthy sometimes), and then ENTJ.

I don't know why ENTJ rates so low. I guess they just scare me. I can't "read" their emotions/intentions at all, and they seem to be very aggressive. Blank slates, that is what they are to me. (ESFJ rates higher because I generally can feel out what they think and thus know how to interact with them )without causing conflict.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So far? I actually seem to get along best with INTx's and xNFJ's (unless they disagree with me on something strongly... which actually makes them harder to deal with than an INTx in an equivalent situation.) Apparently I can also get along with some ENxP's, but not all of them. IxFP's are kind of hard for me... they make me feel like nothing I do is good enough, and I feel like they're abstruse, obtrusive, and unreasonable people most of the time. They can occasionally have good insights, though.

SJ's are something of a mixed bag. I can usually get along with them superficially if they're from a reasonably civilized area, otherwise they act so retarded/creepy I can't stand them. But I never really get that deeper connection with them, it just feels like a business conversation/situation.

Most SP's are hard to be around because they're too loud, and too physical. If they're in control enough and know how to retain their composure around me because I'm sensitive (I think this is rare), then I can get along with them, as long as I present my ideas in such a way that they can get a complete mental "picture" of it fairly rapidly. They can definitely see a few things SJ's can't, but it's hard to get them to focus long enough to notice...

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I get along with most everyone because I really like people and variety, but I do notice that the bulk of friend-herd is populated NTs with some SJs (ISFJ/ESFJ) and SPs (ESTP/ISTP).

My fulgent relationship with NTPs is well-documented so I'll skip it. My NTJs are VERY clarifying and also fellow plotters. I have a few SFPs as well (the Is are particular hell-raisers and I love them -- one of them, a close girlfriend of mine, told me she was going to walk up to heaven and punch God in the teeth for me. Stroppy little pagan.)

I also have a small knot of NFs, mostly all introverts.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Ive had two serious relationships. The first one was INFP. The most recent one was ENFP. Both were of the sexual-subtype (enneagram, if you know it)

INFP... Got along great. We were both too young and immature for it to work out.

ENFP... Amazing times. Always had fun together. Somewhat of an ideal. Things went well... Until I found out she had a boyfriend of 2 years that she lied to me about. After that, a whole slew of problems kept the relationship from progressing. What couldve been a perfect relationship turned out to be a nightmare. It could've worked.

I dont think the MBTI has much to do with who I get along with, but rather the Enneagram Variants. If there's another sx type around, we'll most likely connect. If someone is sx last, we probably bump heads sooner or later.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

As for dating, it's almost always Feeling types that I connect with. And I'm Te-first. I guess we both find that contrast appealing.

I think I would get bored with another Thinking type. Both of us would be too cold.

In friendships, I like almost any type. I find it hard to stomach some of the FJ types though. They are almost too friendly and bubbly sometimes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    In friendships, I like almost any type. I find it hard to stomach some of the FJ types though. They are almost too friendly and bubbly sometimes.
    I may puke on your shoes. In friendly way, of course.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious