• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] With which types do you get along the best?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get along great with all NF's. It's usually because we tend to laugh at the same things and because we can discuss alot of things in depth.

Well, with an ENTJ around, there's plenty to laugh at. I mean, ABOUT.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For dating,

I instantly click with ESFxs if I'm attracted to them, but the NT/SP differences start to eat away at the attraction over time. The main issue is the N. In same cases the N is cherished, but in others, especially ESFJ, it's malnourished and I start to feel disconnected.

I seem to connect decently to NFs, especially INFJ females. We both share an interest in better people's lives and understanding them and the world. An INFJ conversation is very stimulating because NT is accentuated by contrast to the NF and the P is allowed to juggle ideas and theories around to find interesting combinations. At some point, the INFJ falls back on their value system that's steeped in cooperation and social norms whereas NTs prefer to see through and ignore those boundaries. I think disagreements are interpreted differently between the two types. I usually tend to feel closer after a disagreement while other types feel more distant.

For best friendship,

I've gravitated towards INTJs. We're both very interested in making sense of the world, and I like to use an INTJ's questions, ideas, and interpretations as springboards for my own ideas. INTJs like theory for theory's sake. They also tend to be socially awkward which opens the door to conversations analyzing dynamics and relationships, another favorite of mine.

Of course, none of these are rules and I don't prejudge people based on their type. (Much.) My best friend right now is xxFP. He doesn't exactly mirror NT too much, but he doesn't judge it either, so I'm free to be myself which is the most important factor above all else in a friendship or a relationship. My other best friend is ESFP x 100. Same story there.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I seem to have a lot of NF girlfriends altho the majority of them are NP. I have a few SJ girlfriends (I prefer I SJ's over E's) one really special ISTJ cousin and an ISTJ friend. Both are really well developed along the feeling side so that helps :yes: Interestingly enough I have only one close ESFP girlfriend and my lovely niece is ESFP. I'm getting to know my very first NT girlfriend. Actually we enjoy each others company alot (she's ENTP).

I basically get along very well with introverts and the men I seem to attract or fall for myself are always Introverted T types. I've never fallen for a guardian man they have always been either rationals or artisans. (wait I lie once when I was nineteen I fell for an ISFJ male) We're actually still friends but I would have slit my wrists if we'd gotten married. :horor:

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, with an ENTJ around, there's plenty to laugh at. I mean, ABOUT.

Well, if you're one of those that finds it funny to be bossed around, you're definitely an interesting person in my book :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP, ENTP, ISFJ, ISTJ, INFP(females)

Best friends I've had were ISFJ and ISTP

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm good question.

In real life interactions, for me I get along very very well with ENTP's, ESTP's, ENFP's, ESFP's and INFP's. I like INTJ's as well and I think they are the only other J's I like. I don't like other INFJ's that much in real life at all,lol. There can only be one Highlander,lol- more then one is too crowded in any given room!

I don't know if I could explain why this all is either. I know the most common thread is N and P.

I get along with anybody who has a well formed and strong sense of humor and flairful personality but isn't too much like me that I loose my sense of individuality.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
INTJs and I are brilliant together. They have insights I lack, and vice versa. Our conversations, as Jennifer said, are clever and "scintillating."

Then the ENXPs. Their minds are usually quicksilver, and the laughter just doesn't stop. It's like, "What! You too? Cool!"

Next the INFPs, but only the ones who aren't too serious. When they're loose and not trapped in their own problems and minds, they can be one of the types I connect best with.

The same goes for INFJs and INTPs - if they're too serious, too cynical, or too inaccessible, I can't relate. But when they ARE accessible, they're brilliant, warm and fun.

ENTJs have high intelligence and lots of quick follow-through, coupled with a no-bullshit attitude that I find highly, highly attractive.

Then ENFJs, who can be hilarious, intelligent and carefree. They rank lower because I've never met one like this in real life.

ISTPs and ISTJs are pretty fascinating to me. I share more opinions with these two types than one would expect. I admire them.

ESTPs and ESFPs are low on the list because they have the high potential to be manipulative. When they're not, we get along fine. Better than fine.

ISFPs can be warm, clever and fun, but I've only met one who was like that, and another two who seemed nuts to me. So they rank low.

ISFJs and ESFJs rank last because I just don't know any. Same goes for ESTJs.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I haven't been able to see any pattern in which types get along the best.

Last edited:

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I get along quite well with my ESTJ dad, but there are definitely differences between us that would be problematic if we were friends of the same age.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
ENFJs are probably the best.

I have decent relationships with INTJs as long as it isn't online.

INTPs are kindred spirits even when they are being bastards.

SJs tend to be my mortal enemies.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, if you're one of those that finds it funny to be bossed around, you're definitely an interesting person in my book :D

Well, I do find red faced blustering quite amusing. It gives the ENTJ color to the cheeks, keeps them healthy.

:D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in all different types, and so would get to know anyone. I do gravitate towards INs. For some reason when I am in emotional distress I seek out the company of INTs moreso for their clarity and reason. I'm afraid of my own emotional framework influencing another F and creating complexity which I cannot face as easily. This of course is not true in all cases. It can easily be a reversed scenario, but when my emotional circuitry burns out, there isn't much I can receive or give. My family are strong Feelers, so that is where I am most concerned about triggering a hurt feeling or something like that.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get along well with the non-retarded SFPs and ISTPs. The only SJs I can really handle are my mom (ESFJ) and my cousin Hannah (ISFJ...best girl-friend).
My friends and relationships have predominately been with Ns. I especially like INTJs, ENTPs, and male NFs.

redacted

my best friends are all N. i basically get along great with all Ns, with the exception of ENTJ sometimes.

Ss are cool to hang around and party with, but i'll never connect with them on the level i'm looking for. (not that i connect with all Ns either...i don't connect deeply with that many people honestly)