User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Other INTPs.

MBTI
    ENFP

I pretty much get along with everyone, but my three best friends are ESTP, ISFJ, and ESFP...

MBTI
    GONE

You know...maybe there's something to the ISTJ and INTP antipathy -- or rather one way antipathy on the part of ISTJs. Judging from RL observation, I think maybe ISTJ just cannotunderstand the INTP. I think they find INTP too unnecessarily serious or too much in their heads and neither practical nor social (or socially adept?) enough...

Is that your take?

I'm curious!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Mainly NPs and STPs. A couple of IJs and maybe one or two EFJs.

ESFPs, ISFPs, ESTJs and ENTJs all have a tendency to annoy the hell out of me.

That is all.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    non psycho daredevil ISTPs are probably alright,
    But it's the psycho daredevil ISTPs who are the best.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You know...maybe there's something to the ISTJ and INTP antipathy -- or rather one way antipathy on the part of ISTJs. Judging from RL observation, I think maybe ISTJ just cannotunderstand the INTP. I think they find INTP too unnecessarily serious or too much in their heads and neither practical nor social (or socially adept?) enough...

Is that your take?

I'm curious!
    I don't mean to sound too harsh but from my experience ISTJs have a hard to understanding anyone but themselves anyways.

This is from http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ_per.html:
    - Lack of interest in other people, or in relating to them
    - Uses judgement to dismiss other's opinions and perspectives, before really understanding them (Which, to be fair, is a "downside" of INFJs who are too caught up in their vision.)
    - May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault

Don't get me wrong, we all have equally bad downfalls, but I just thought this was mentionable.

Though I was hesitant in my earlier post, I'll go ahead and admit that ISTJs are the people I tend to have the hardest time getting along with. My guess would be our differences in interest when it comes to people, which is supported by the list above.

I also just wanted to point out that people should be careful not to shun someone based on their type. As useful as the MBTI is, it is not supposed to be used for discrimination. (I know most of you have heard this, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case!)

Myers-Briggs, XYZ Leadership and Team Roles by David M. Boje, Ph.D. gives a table that identifies the people we are most compatible and least compatible with; or at least in a work setting. You should check it out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

INTPs and INTJs: I regard them equally. They are the types I get along with best. They are seemingly the only people whom I can interact with in a completely natural manner.

INFJ: Very mystical. At the same time, warm and usually quite bizarre. I enjoy the fact that they seem to have the most well-developed analytical abilities of all NFs.

ENTP: Very whimsical and light-hearted. I usually enjoy their company if they are not too high on the extroversion. Very extroverted ENTPs, however, generally come across as jerks.

ExTJ: I either enjoy their company or despise it, depending on the individual. There is something that appeals to me, though, about strong Te in a member of the opposite sex.

INFP: I relate to their Ne, and I usually appreciate them and empathize with their need to be individualistic. Regardless, I am occasionally irritated when they get too Fi.

ISTP: They are very mysterious, and I enjoy their solid mechanical and analytical abilities. I usually work relatively well with them (and sometimes I am even intrigued by them), but I have never really been a friend with one. Not quite sure why. It is probably the Se that turns me off.

ISFJ: Like the INFJ, they are usually kind, warm, quiet, and their analytical abilities are better than the average F. However, they lack the mystery of the INFJ. They are usually very boring, and I am occasionally repulsed by their sheep-like behavior.

ISTJ: They are ok, but they are usually too rigid, insipid, and unnecessarily aggressive for my taste.

ENFP, ISFP: Yes they are usually creative and fun (or whatnot), but their Fi often drives me off the deep-end

ExFJ: I am not quite sure where to put these people. I often have an extreme dislike for them, yet occasionally, I feel strangely attached to them. It goes up and down. Overall, though, they do not appeal.

ESxP: They really annoy me (though certain board members are an exception). They always come across as too hyper-active. Quite frequently, they have a tendency of touching me without my consent.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

heart on fire

I like ISFP and INTP for different reasons.

Seem to find myself in friendships with INFJ and INTJ a lot too.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Myers-Briggs, XYZ Leadership and Team Roles by David M. Boje, Ph.D. gives a table that identifies the people we are most compatible and least compatible with; or at least in a work setting. You should check it out!
    This is interesting (even if it smacked me in the face a bit with off-kilter graphics). Transactional vs. transformational. I like that way of describing the T/F divide...
    ain't nobody gonna see eye-to-eye
    with a girl who's only gonna stand collarbone high

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Thanks for the link! It was very interesting stuff there!