• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Ever get the feeling life's passing you by...?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are there people here that make interesting stories to get away from there boring, mundane lives...?

- or is that just me. :doh:

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
No. I'm trying to make my life an interesting story, expressly so it is not mundane or pass me by unexpectedly. I've tried to never take things for granted, including my health and ability to change my circumstances and my self.

P

Phantonym

Welcome to my life. :cheese: I've been doing that for as long as I can remember. But I don't think my life is boring or mundane, it just is what it is and occasionally I like to dream about "What if..." scenarios. Things that will never, can never come true in reality or some that might, only if... They've helped me come through some rough patches as well.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
use to, but I stopped caring about how I should live my life according to other people as examples and just sort of do my own thing. I got that feeling by thinking I wasn't living my life to its potential by observing what others my age were doing with themselves. Tbh I'm only interested in my own lifestyle and I don't need others to tell me how I spend my time.

Dahlila

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do it too. For the past few years i've definately had a strong case of head in the clouds. Day dreaming seems to be the only way to get excited and pass the hours by anymore.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Welcome to my life. :cheese: I've been doing that for as long as I can remember. But I don't think my life is boring or mundane, it just is what it is and occasionally I like to dream about "What if..." scenarios. Things that will never, can never come true in reality or some that might, only if... They've helped me come through some rough patches as well.

Well, yeah... boring and mundane compared to what we infps imagine, i think.:huh:

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
lol yes! I thought I was the only one. I often dream up scenarios in my head that will probably never happen in real life. I always fantasize about my life being filled with all sorts of exciting, happy and romantic adventures. And then I feel pathetic. lol.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
I bought a dry erase board and filled it up with ideas of fun things to do. I have been telling myself that once I become self sufficient financial wise that I will live my life by those things that I wrote down.

Now to just become self sufficient...

IDE say that I honestly do think that my college life could have been filled with much more fun experiences, but hey I'm graduating a year younger than most ppl do...so that's 1 full year to get my shit together :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very much so. I used to keep a box of (business) idea's, plans, theories. There are so many things i want to do but the daily grind wears me down and the "things" seem increasingly further away with the passing of time.
I need to devise a real plan of action with my (XSTJ) partner....then these things may actually happen.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I feel more like life won't leave me alone. Boring is nice because then I have time to read and hang out and stuff like that.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

gromit

likes this
Not really. For the most part I have been doing exactly what I want/feel like I NEED to be doing. Living near my family, figuring my self out, building friendships, working to make the world a little bit better place by my existence, creating things, occasionally going on trips to see people I love. I don't have huge dreams. I lied. I guess I do, but they are vague and will take many years to accomplish, and I feel like the things I'm doing are preparing me and paving the way for it. And dreams evolve.

Maybe I will get married/have kids if I ever meet someone who feels like a good complement to me.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My life certainly isn't boring, but I still make up little stories and scenarios in my head. It's really fun. I just don't let myself do it at a stoplight. Not that it can really be controlled... :D

sculpting

I was going to say no-but I realized I endlessly explore-it is just all in my own head. So while the mundane aspects of life go on around me, in my mind I dont really have any limitations. I dont judge myself by external metrics, outside of self sufficiency and the ability to support my family. So my mind is my playground, which removes the need to actually make the world my playground.

gromit

likes this
So my mind is my playground, which removes the need to actually make the world my playground.

My mind is my playground... love it! I can relate to that.

Also, I feel like there's so much to explore and see even within 1 mi of my apartment. Why do I need to spend hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket when I can go for a walk for free? And even the same street will be different depending on the weather, the season, the time of day, my mood, who I'm with, etc.

sculpting

My mind is my playground... love it! I can relate to that.

Also, I feel like there's so much to explore and see even within 1 mi of my apartment. Why do I need to spend hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket when I can go for a walk for free? And even the same street will be different depending on the weather, the season, the time of day, my mood, who I'm with, etc.

Totally! I am odd, but just sitting on my porch, watching my toddler play, I can enjoy the patterns in the clouds, the beauty in the trees. I make it an aim to find beauty in the things around me, that other people overlook. Just the normal stuff.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't make up things to make my life look more interesting. It's just that I see the world in caricature.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The only times where i feel life passing me by are when i am looking at it through the tint of other people's expectations of life or others. I start to lose the joy behind being subjective.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes, but my brain's usually occupied, so I don't really take notice. Even when in a mundane situation, I end up taking notice of what I see or hear around me. The small things fascinate me. I find art and beauty in a lot of things. Like if I'm cleaning the house, I'm usually thinking of something else at the time, yet I'm fascinated with the color of the furniture, or how it is designed, and what type of emotional effect the decor has on me, what it reminds me of.

But, I start losing that sparkle when I feel out of place, or lose faith in my goals.