My ENFP ex and I had a reunion last night and there was some weird transactions I am having difficulty decoding.
1. He brought up the girl he cheated on me with when I was in hearing distance to his roommate, when he knows this topic irks me like no other.
2. He kept trying to prove to me his Ne intelligence in a very explicit and childish manner ("acknowledge that I'm a genius").
3. He brought up a previous argument we had about his apparent lack of empathy randomly about 4 times, although it was completely irrelevant (we discussed this last perhaps 5 months ago).
4. He kept telling me that I was a puzzle and he has all the pieces put together, except for one elusive piece he can't figure out. He wouldn't elaborate on what that one piece was.
5. He kept bringing up his very close friendship with a girl. He often did this in the past with other female friends....just a repetitive thinking out loud of how awesome their platonic intimacy is.
I don't know why I'm trying to make sense of this guy. Perhaps I'm just in an unresolved NP thinking loop.
#2 and #5 baffle me most.
(#2) He's a very independent, emotionally controlled man. I don't see him needing my validation, but it appears to be that way.
(#5) Is he trying to make me jealous? Perhaps he is just very proud of his friendships?
I think perhaps he was trying to get under my skin hard core last night. It doesn't make sense to me because I was playful and emotionally light hearted with him the whole time.
**any male insight would be appreciated**