User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Do many INFPs feel disliked? My 15 y/o has always been liked from since she was a little baby. Mean people that hate everybody love my INFP. She is cute, but objectively, not amazingly so.
    I am well liked IRL and most people I know online or in real life who I think are INFPs seem to be well liked.
    I think INFPs can be very frustrating for those who want to get inside or those who simply do not understand the thought process going on, but is frustration, dislike?

I know a lot of INFPs who dislike themselves, however.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    I am well liked IRL and most people I know online or in real life who I think are INFPs seem to be well liked.
    I think INFPs can be very frustrating for those who want to get inside or those who simply do not understand the thought process going on, but is frustration, dislike?
    Most people don't ever even seem to try to scratch the surface. They just see the sweet girl and love her without ever realizing she's dumb-chill twitching at them on the inside. When she says mean stuff, they usually think she's joking or they just don't even understand what she's saying and think she's just being quirky.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think because we do sometimes tend to be argumentative if we feel strongly about something.

I know it drives my friends crazy that I don't like "hanging out" a lot. I'm the only introvert among my extroverted friends. Sometimes I just wanna be left alone, they don't get it. So I think that could be another reason why we might be disliked by some people.

But, I don't know anyone who dislikes me. Or alteast nobody's mean to me or has told me they don't like me if they don't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    dominant Fi can kinda lean towards self absorbedness sometimes, most INFPs I know go through fazes of that where they go soul-searching in a dark room somewhere, before emerging in a more tranquil state of mind later on, and being very willing to act as some sort of agony aunt for the masses, and the fluctuation between the two can really annoy less 'changeable' people. Feel free to disagree anyone if this seems wrong.
    I do this often. I think most INxx's put up with it well enough, but it really annoys most other types.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    At times they can be too flighty, too distant, or too empathetic. They can be very grounded in situations where it doesn't call for being grounded or very unfocused in situations where it calls for focus. Harder to reel in, i suppose?
    This. I have a tendency to over focus on the not so important things and under focus on the things that are important.

My friends also get very frustrated with me because I can be chronically late for things or inconsistent (I'll be early one day and late the next... but more often than not late). My biggest problems are being indecisive, socially awkward, and non-confrontational, too afraid to voice my ideas or opinions most of the time. The times that I do voice my opinion, I sort of rant about things that aren't particularly relevant or interesting to other people. Some of the things I say are overly vague and seemingly pointless/ weird/ out of nowhere (I don't mean them to be, I just don't seem to get my ideas across properly in a verbal way and almost always end up wishing I could have phrased what I had said differently to get the meaning across better).

When I do get heated up and emotional about something, most people find it really humorous and tell me to calm down, that I am being too dramatic (which in retrospect, I am usually being too dramatic).
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    INFj

I've been told that I can be hard to pinpoint. I think INFPs dont fit to well into peoples categories, and that might be a reason to why some people feel we are untrustworthy.

People, at least many people, prefer the known to the unknown. INFPs (and other percievers, especially introverted percievers) might put off making decisions or taking a stance in controversial matters. This might contribute to making us look like we're either hidding something or are not stable enough to be trusted.

Some people prefer other people with behavior or opinions they think are wrong then other people whose behavior or opinion are hard to predict.

MBTI
    ISTP

What are some reasons INFPs men aren't as well liked?
    Fixed!

MBTI
    INFP

Fixing peoples posts and saying "fixed" is way overplayed bro...and you have definitely overdone your limit for the week.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by trondor View Post
    I've been told that I can be hard to pinpoint. I think INFPs dont fit to well into peoples categories, and that might be a reason to why some people feel we are untrustworthy.

People, at least many people, prefer the known to the unknown.
    This is an interesting point. I think there is some truth to it. Hey, even eharmony rejected me because I couldn't fit into one of their boxes .

The known vs. unknown issue is real too....and it often leads to people jumping to conclusions. I previously mentioned how being quiet can lead to all kinds of assumptions on the part of others....people seem to want an easy explanation for your behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmeraldCanopy View Post
    This. I have a tendency to over focus on the not so important things and under focus on the things that are important.
    Well, introverted feeling is detached from external values. A Fi-dom turns inward to decide what is important, and that may cause a large difference between their personal idea of what is important & what society says is important.

I don't like when people tell me something is not a big deal...it invalidates my feelings. It's a big deal to me for a very good reason, even if they cannot grasp why. To me, much of what concerns them is frivolous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    What are some reasons INFPs men aren't as well liked?
    Fixed!
    I assure you it is no easier for an INFP female.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Orange apple just sit there and look pretty. Not hard.

Maybe in the long term you have just as hard a time, but in the short term it's easier to be an infp female in this society IMO