Are ENFP this unpopular too?
    Oh, its
    You

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I knew two ENFP girls back from my school days. One was popular ever since first grade,
    and the other one became popular in high school. Neither of them were ever "unpopular".
    (Both of them are awesome kissers by the way).

One of my best friends back then (middle school) was ENFP and he dated a new chick
    every four months. I mean, how could he not get chicks, he was a charming 6'4 slender
    blonde.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

6'4 in Middle School?!!
    Oh, its
    You

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

The last years in middle school? Yeah, I was 5'10 and he was 6'4 already. Nothing left to develop, except facial and chest hair. Why do you think our legal sex age is 15-16? ^.^ Just kidding, has nothing to do with that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is an interesting point. I think there is some truth to it. Hey, even eharmony rejected me because I couldn't fit into one of their boxes .

The known vs. unknown issue is real too....and it often leads to people jumping to conclusions. I previously mentioned how being quiet can lead to all kinds of assumptions on the part of others....people seem to want an easy explanation for your behavior.

Well, introverted feeling is detached from external values. A Fi-dom turns inward to decide what is important, and that may cause a large difference between their personal idea of what is important & what society says is important.

I don't like when people tell me something is not a big deal...it invalidates my feelings. It's a big deal to me for a very good reason, even if they cannot grasp why. To me, much of what concerns them is frivolous.

I assure you it is no easier for an INFP female.
    At least you can be called a sissy and not care about it. lol.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Emmilou View Post
    As long as I don't have to hear about your novel or your dream interpretations, it's a deal!
    Hey, hey, if we actually share, it means we luv you. Appreciate! I am real stingy about sharing. And my dreams are always very, very interesting. :workout:

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Aren't INFPs pretty much liked by everyone?

It seems like they might occasionally go unnoticed, but it would be very hard to dislike them, wouldn't it?

Unless they've got serious mental problems, INFPs don't really give a reason for anyone to dislike them.

And there are PLENTY of reasons why people would LIKE them.

They're generally easy-going, accomodating, supportive, pleasant and cooperative with everyone, at least on the surface (which is all that really counts to most people), plus they're unique and interesting, and have a kind of goofy charm, and they're very good listeners.

All of these qualities together results in being pretty much liked by everyone.

Or am I wrong?
    nope, not wrong. That's why I collect them as pets.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Aren't INFPs pretty much liked by everyone?

It seems like they might occasionally go unnoticed, but it would be very hard to dislike them, wouldn't it?

Unless they've got serious mental problems, INFPs don't really give a reason for anyone to dislike them.

And there are PLENTY of reasons why people would LIKE them.

They're generally easy-going, accomodating, supportive, pleasant and cooperative with everyone, at least on the surface (which is all that really counts to most people), plus they're unique and interesting, and have a kind of goofy charm, and they're very good listeners.

All of these qualities together results in being pretty much liked by everyone.

Or am I wrong?
    I agree with all this.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i always felt unpopular but was actually fairly well-liked, from all accounts. i suspect this is how it is for a lot of INFPs too.

in middle school i got my first taste of "popularity" and it was not as delicious as it looked. it was a lot of backstabbery and being a stuck up jerk. i mean, yeah, i was good at it for a while, but it ate at me inside. but then, that's middle school for you... so in high school i went back to being a nerd. in college things got much better. i was better able to balance popularity and individual happiness. i run in prominent social circles but am not a huge partier.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I was popular and unpopular in the same time, so it felt like for me. Nearly all people in my last school years were nice to me, I get along very well with people and could have even fun with many etc.; but when it comes to making things with me together outside of school, choosing groups in classes (group work or just sports) or just sitting next to my place, I felt like one of the most unpopular persons in the world. And so after school was left, I was basically alone. I don't know what lead to that.