User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Fe as a Sinex, how does Fe become problematic? Ni as a Sinex, 'psychic' Sinex?

Hi,
    I was wondering how those with Fe in the 6th place, how does something which usually reaches out to people manifest in a problematic way? Also how does Ni work as a Sinex, i've looked up internet definitions of both but i'm interested to hear about other's experiences with these.

Thanks
    FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I think you mean "Senex" (the grumpy old man archetype or complex; and a "witch" for women).

Fe in this position is shadowing an ExFP's auxiliary Fi (which manifests in a "parental" complex). So when people violate personal values in a group, an ExFP might step up and criticize the entire group for allowing the violation.

Senex as Ni shadows auxiliary Ne. You're open to multiple possibilities in life, and become wary of possibilities being shut out in favor of a particular outcome. So this might interpret such patterns in life as being against you. You then tend to ruminate on the way things go wrong and add up to a negative conclusion.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Ah ok thankyou very much, and the correction is well appreciated The idea of darker shadow functions seems very interesting, so this thread might have to die and be replaced with a much wider thread about the validity of shadows, letting each type have a say about whether their unconscious hopes, fears and outbursts etc are indeed as function specific as this suggests, and how much they identify with them. At the moment this seems a tiny bit hard to believe but we shall see.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I am very interested in learning about Ti in the 7th function... i started a thread i think its titled ENFP & Ti but im not sure i fully understand it yet

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Did you see my response on that one?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1125863
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Wow, that's really insightful, so is a Trickster what shows up when you're acting like some kind of spoilt or lost child?