• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Fe as a Sinex, how does Fe become problematic? Ni as a Sinex, 'psychic' Sinex?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi,
I was wondering how those with Fe in the 6th place, how does something which usually reaches out to people manifest in a problematic way? Also how does Ni work as a Sinex, i've looked up internet definitions of both but i'm interested to hear about other's experiences with these.

Thanks
FalseHeartDothKnow​

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you mean "Senex" (the grumpy old man archetype or complex; and a "witch" for women).

Fe in this position is shadowing an ExFP's auxiliary Fi (which manifests in a "parental" complex). So when people violate personal values in a group, an ExFP might step up and criticize the entire group for allowing the violation.

Senex as Ni shadows auxiliary Ne. You're open to multiple possibilities in life, and become wary of possibilities being shut out in favor of a particular outcome. So this might interpret such patterns in life as being against you. You then tend to ruminate on the way things go wrong and add up to a negative conclusion.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah ok thankyou very much, and the correction is well appreciated:hug: The idea of darker shadow functions seems very interesting, so this thread might have to die and be replaced with a much wider thread about the validity of shadows, letting each type have a say about whether their unconscious hopes, fears and outbursts etc are indeed as function specific as this suggests, and how much they identify with them. At the moment this seems a tiny bit hard to believe but we shall see.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I am very interested in learning about Ti in the 7th function... i started a thread i think its titled ENFP & Ti but im not sure i fully understand it yet

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, that's really insightful, so is a Trickster what shows up when you're acting like some kind of spoilt or lost child?