User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Time to share...

What do you love/like about yourself?!

I have spoken to several of my NF friends here about how negatively we feel about ourselves. One way to shut up our negative inner critic is to arm ourselves with positive things we like/love about ourselves! I'll start

I like my cooking! I think it's cool that I can make up my own recipes (even if I'm unlikely to ever create the same thing twice because I don't usually measure things!) :p I usually like what I create for myself!

I like that I want to help people. I think that's a beautiful quality in me (ok, forcing myself not to go and say...I have nothing to do with it, I was created that way, etc.!) This is me! I am a person who likes helping people, and I am proud of that!

I love my eyes and my smile.

I like my quirks! I wish other people liked them as much as I do and I feel sad when they don't understand, but the truth is, I think it's fun when I'm random! :p

I kind of like being me some of the time.

Ok, your turn!!!

luna~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think you could list more than that

Best thing I like about myself is balance and the ability to grow and learn, and I'm pretty sure that anyone can achieve that, but nonetheless, it is special.
    5 3 9

oh Luna, you sound so awesome!

I rationalize away my inner voice. When I find myself filled with negative thought like "everyone hates me or I am such a failure", I then follow with "Does that actually match the external data I see? Does it matter in the big picture? Does everyone have to like me?"

Then I move on. This sort of works but I think the real trick may be to combine that rationalization with self forgiveness as well. If it is a real issue, we have to face it and learn from it, where if it is something we have Ne created and amplified, well rationalization and comparison to external information is useful.

But I dunno...I mean what we really need is a super Fi expert to give us some advice....

What are the positives about me?

My strength, courage, fortitude, tenacity. My unwillingness to give up. My unwillingness to ever stop growing and learning. With respect to others, the capacity to love them and forgive them no matter what they do, and to fight to protect them. To love like a child, with unlimited honesty and openness, trusting others? Except I dunno, I dont even know if some of this stuff is actually okay anymore honestly....I thought these were good things.

Oh, yeah and me and Gromit like to do interpretive dance in our living rooms....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

*dances through the thread*

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I thought these were good things.
    They are good things.

*dances out of the thread*
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    *dances through the thread*

They are good things.

*dances out of the thread*
    HEY! You're welcome here too! You are always so kind and supportive in your posts!!! I'm glad you dropped in...feel free to linger :-)

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I think you could list more than that

Best thing I like about myself is balance and the ability to grow and learn, and I'm pretty sure that anyone can achieve that, but nonetheless, it is special.
    Thanks

Those ARE special qualities!! I think balance is very important--and something to be cherished!

I also think you are fun, quirky, perceptive, and you have very positive energy! :-)

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

oh Luna, you sound so awesome!

I do?

I rationalize away my inner voice. When I find myself filled with negative thought like "everyone hates me or I am such a failure", I then follow with "Does that actually match the external data I see? Does it matter in the big picture? Does everyone have to like me?"

That's very smart!! I will have to try that!

Then I move on. This sort of works but I think the real trick may be to combine that rationalization with self forgiveness as well. If it is a real issue, we have to face it and learn from it, where if it is something we have Ne created and amplified, well rationalization and comparison to external information is useful.

YEs! It's hard to forgive myself. I used to believe that if I was less than perfect, I didn't deserve existence and God would punish me (I don't believe in a punishing God anymore, and I am learning to accept that to be human is to err!)

But I dunno...I mean what we really need is a super Fi expert to give us some advice....

What are the positives about me?

My strength, courage, fortitude, tenacity. My unwillingness to give up. My unwillingness to ever stop growing and learning. With respect to others, the capacity to love them and forgive them no matter what they do, and to fight to protect them. To love like a child, with unlimited honesty and openness, trusting others? Except I dunno, I dont even know if some of this stuff is actually okay anymore honestly....I thought these were good things.

They ARE good things! Is your inner voice trying to tell you you can't/shouldn't declare these things publicly? Tell it to shut it!!! YES YOU CAN! You're just following orders :p Seriously...you are all the things you mentioned. And caring, compassionate, sincere, loving, and so much more!!!

Oh, yeah and me and Gromit like to do interpretive dance in our living rooms....
    That sounds fun!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Aww, this is sweet Luna . I have been on and off grumpy all day. This made me smile.

I love that I identity with writers and feel a special glow whenever I read an exceptional book - I am also going to become a writer myself - I am grateful to have this in my life, even when I feel very down, I can always count on this. It has got me through tough times.

I love that I have such loyal and awesome friends! despite being so flawed ... There is always someone there for me. I hardy deserve it.

I love my ability to understand rather complex, though not always practical, ideas and thoughts about how things work and why they do and how things should work.

I love that I care about principles, integrity and I am a big individualist.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Good things about me? Hmmmm... perhaps intelligence in multiple areas, being able to articulate what I think and feel in writing, musical abilities, independent thinking, compassion, and doing what's best for me even though it may not be considered in vogue. Although I can put myself together well when I dress up, I am anything but fashionable in terms of music tastes and clothing, and that's okay with me. I have a lot of determination/persistence. I'm good at just being creative in general, intuitively understanding people, doing well in school, and defying traditional gender stereotypes. I'm female, but I like a lot of things most men would such as computers and technology, science, science fiction shows, and prog rock. (I secretly wish I owned the Doctor Who tardis) Yes, I'll get my nerd card, LOL. Perhaps, more succinctly, I'm good at being my own person. I'd risk not fitting in to hold true to my beliefs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8XH4WDxP4&NR=1"]Charlie Brown Christmas Dance [/YOUTUBE]

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.