• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind(s) of intelligence BEST describe(s) your inherent strength(s)?

Which kind(s) of intelligence BEST describe(s) your natural strength(s)?

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm merely curious. Please use the following guidelines if a closer definition is required or visit themultiple intelligence website:

• Linguistic: words and language
  • Logical-mathematical: logic and numbers
  • Musical: music, sound, rhythm
  • Bodily-kinesthetic: body movement and control
  • Spatial-visual: images and space
  • Interpersonal: other people's feelings
  • Intrapersonal: self-awareness

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say spatial-visual. Most of my skills in other kinds of "intelligences" are founded on spatial perception.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Visual-spatial. Personally, I find my best talent is creative problem solving.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Fascinating, thanks for the link!
Not so surprising here. I value in myself in order...

1) Linguistic: words and language, written and spoken; retention, interpretation and explanation of ideas and information via language, understands relationship between communication and meaning

2) Intrapersonal: self-awareness, personal cognisance, personal objectivity, the capability to understand oneself, one's relationship to others and the world, and one's own need for, and reaction to change

3) Interpersonal: perception of other people's feelings; ability to relate to others; interpretation of behaviour and communications; understands the relationships between people and their situations, including other people

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me it is a tie for:

1) Intrapersonal
2) Linguistic

followed by:

nothing. :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
These in this order...
Intrapersonal
Interpersonal
Linguistic

Lightyear

1. Intrapersonal
2. Interpersonal
3. Logical-mathematical

The only one I scored really low on was bodily-kinesthetic (no surprise there). I don't think this test is very accurate, I am definitely talented linguistically, they just didn't ask the right questions, and I don't think my spatial-visual and logical-mathematical intelligence is as high as the test is trying to tell me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are my strengths:
Intrapersonal: self-awareness
Spatial-visual: images and space
Linguistic: words and language
Logical-mathematical: logic and numbers

If I applied myself more here, I might not do poorly:
Interpersonal: other people's feelings
Musical: music, sound, rhythm- I scored well on this, but I have no musical talent...

Major weakness:
Bodily-kinesthetic: body movement and control

This is how I test on mypersonality.com though:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Just for the record, I picked logical-mathematical, kinesthetic and intrapersonal. I have no musical intelligance (and I don't care) nor linguistical, in the sense of learning new languages (which bothers me more).

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to My Personality.com:
Verbal/Linguistic :100%
Love to write, and did well in foreign languages.

Musical :100%
Music is practically my life. Couldn't live without it.

Naturalist: 95%
Love the environment, animals, nature in general. Biology nerd! :)

Visual/Spatial: 90%
I do well with art. Not the best at sculpture, but am very good with drawing, graphic arts.

Logical/Mathematical: 90%
Not so great with math per se, can wrap my head around mathematical problems that are involved in physics (as long as they aren't huge multi-step problems), despite I'm not the best at it. Logic on the other hand, particularly verbal reasoning/ analogies, I can do alright on them. I also can understand systems dynamics pretty well. I'm more of a geometry person than advanced calculus. Love trigonometry.

Intrapersonal: 90%
Quite reflective about who I am, and how to better myself.

Interpersonal: 80%
Introverted by nature, so I'm not exactly the type that has to hog the spotlight. But, I enjoy people's company, and play nice.

Bodily/Kinesthetic: 60%
I can dance, but athletics have never been my forte. Damnit inferior Se!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly counts as linguistic strength. I mean, I have excellent spelling and grammar and I can string together words in a fairly coherent manner, and have historically done very well on written reports, but I'm pretty much terrible at speaking IRL, like on the fly. And I'm not a very creative writer, nor do I enjoy writing (absolutely hate it in fact). Soo I don't know if it's a strength or not.

Regardless, logic/numbers is first, spatial is second. Linguistic would probably be third regardless of the definition. Although I tested on that link (excel sheet): spatial 34, logical 31, surprisingly music 30 (I guess because I really enjoy it, but I have never learned anything musical), ...linguistic and body tied for last at 22.

will vote the obvious 2, I guess.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
164560.png

This was what my last test said... Sounds about right, though the musical part is more about being very good at keeping in tune and beat, not in actually creating music

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I checked 4...does this mean that I think too highly of myself? :D

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Hard to say... those terms can be interpreted in different ways, and on some I am not sure I understand them right.

Can say I am definitely not very talented in "musical", "Bodily-kinesthetic" and "Spatial-visual" area.

I believe I am rather good in langustic area, though there is still people who are better, and my lazyness prevents me from being really good in other languages than my primary language.
Here counts especially the written word - in speaking, I am having a bit more trouble with it, probably things like nervousness, shyness etc. play a role here.

Logical-mathematical: Well, I am not sure. I believe I am able to apply and understand logical approaches in general quite well. Not sure whether it strictly applies to mathematics. I was very good in mathematics in my youth, but I became a bit weaker in it in the last years. Maybe I am too lazy and don't invest enough time to really learn things, but have the potential to be better, or I reached my borders when stuff became more complex.

Not sure how "Intrapersonal" is meant in that context, so no opinion on that.

Interpersonal, I believe I have some talent in it, but I don't put much trust into it. Even if I believe I know how a person feels, I have doubts whether I am not wrong. I am able to help people to clear out arguments very well also for example, but again I am very shy and often avoid getting involved into things.

Elevated Soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
1. Musical. (100%) I have an ear for music and am naturally in sync with the rhythm of the songs I hear. Music is my main passion and want to pursue having a career that relates to it.

2. Interpersonal. (90%) I relate well to people and am sensitive to their needs and feelings. I am someone who my friends come to when they need counselling and advice. I'm naturally good at cheering people up and helping them with their emotional problems. I've also been told that I give good advice. I am also the peace-maker of feuds.

3. Visual/Spatial. (85%) I am good at solving puzzles. I also enjoy photography; I draw and paint well.

4. Naturalist. (80%) I am very good with animals. Every animal I've ever met has warmed up to me more than they would to most. The cats I've had also tend to hang out with me more than my other family members. I had one for 8 years; I currently have two. I also love and appreciate nature.

5. Intrapersonal/Verbal-Linguistic. (65%) I am very in sync with my feelings and am self-aware. I have also always excelled in my foreign-language classes. I enjoy English and like to read and write.

6. Logical/Mathematical. (60%) Math was never my favorite subject, but I am able to complete the problems it sends my way. I have been told by many people that I am a logical person, and I agree with them. Although I am very in touch with my feelings and usually refer to those, I am likely to think of the logical aspect of whatever comes my way.

7. Bodily/Kinesthetic (55%) I danced for 10 years (ballet, tap, jazz; hip-hop for a few years). When I go out dancing with my friends, I am the one who is seen as the dancer of the group. I think this is also due to me being in sync with the music I hear. I am a good basketball, volleyball, and baseball player. I was on the girls' volleyball team in my high school and I played baseball and basketball on teams when I was in elementary school. I am good with other sports, as well, but am better with the three aforementioned. I can kick butt in hockey, too. :p