• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP's and Sarcasm--Why Don't They Get It?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you lecture someone, you're offended.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Room for one more? :puppy_dog_eyes:

*Shuffles aside* For fluffy white bunnies? Always!

*moves around the wall and sits between the two INFP's.*

Hey, pssst. There appears to be a fundamental flaw with this wall. It's two dimensional nature isn't exactly built to keep people out. And I don't think INFP's would have the ability to built one the size of China's. *peers around* Maybe you should build four walls.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm...I love sarcasm, but only in people I know enough, well enough, to be 'in' on the joke. With a stranger, I have no way of knowing what he values and what he doesn't, and consequently am focused on gathering that info, instead of playing with sarcasm, when I first meet them.

I also find that there are forms of sarcasm that I just don't find amusing. In fact, it's likely to leave a mark on your permanent record for me, especially if I don't know you that well yet. This often includes sarcasm that seems to be aimed at making fun of someone (and I'm not talking in the friendly 'bro, i'm just messing with ya'- way), in order to entertain the crowd and enjoy their adoration coz you're being so f*cking clever. If you were, you'd find a way to be funny that's not at the expense of another.

*shrug* This might have something to do with my being an NF, as I've found that when I use sarcasm with NTs that don't know me *that* well yet, they often take it seriously, especially when it pertains to deliberately massacring one of their 'holy truths'. I instantly get corrected...it's like something they can't help :laugh:

And then I have to go through this long debate with them to prove that yes, I'm blonde, yes I am capable of making jokes and yes I DO in fact understand their speshul little truth correctly *pats head*

With NTPs it's often their tertiary Fe I hit, when I'm playing games or being sarcastically oblivious to social convention. And they're even worse to convince that, no, I'm not backpaddling, and yes, I am in fact joking, honest to god.

....we're not the only ones that value things enough to the point of being blind to sarcasm, boys :smooch:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive never had a problem with sarcasm and NFPs. They either get it or they dont. The times they dont are the times when they are being to serious.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I lecture a lot of people, that hardly is an indicator to me being offended.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a delicate flower that doesn't understand the need for the sharpness of sarcasm.
sad-pink-flower.gif

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No MacGuffin, really just pointing out the inherent ignorance in presuming rather than inquiring.

If you have nothing to add beyond to only make sideline observations about other member's post without a constructive purpose in building a rapport then it would be much appreciated if you did not voice them at all and I'll treat you with a similar respect in that sense.

And yes, now I can honestly say that I am taking offense to your disdainful posts.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="RUFT35S7Jb4"]NF's are just sensitive.[/YOUTUBE]

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Congratulations, you trolled. Hope you feel good about yourself.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, ah!

Proved a point.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah ok..this thread is over, it seems.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah ok..this thread is over, it seems.

I win!

I'd like to thank all those that made it possible, the NFPs, the mods, special shout out to [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] for the reorg, grayfolio skin for the easy-on-the-eyes contrast, the English language for always being there for me, the cold comfort of sarcasm, Carl Jung, Ms. Briggs and Ms. Meyers...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Encore!! or at least bloopers.