User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Can't decide if thread is meta-sarcasm or dumb.
    I'm giving OP benefit of the doubt and going with meta sarcasm. However, the fact that we are still discussing it seriously means we didn't get it and the OP is correct.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    a lot of the time when i don't laugh at or acknowledge someone's joke, they think i didn't understand it and either try to explain it to me, or assume that i was offended. usually neither is the case, i just don't laugh at unfunny jokes
    I get this as well... argh.
    People always think I'm easily offended... I have no idea why because I hardly ever get offended. Actually, wait, I have an idea. Now that I think about it, it's normally men who think they've offended me. The same ones who have this idea that I'm delicate and innocent. .
    And then they apologize for their offensive joke And I insist I wasn't offended. And they apologize more. Sometimes, much as I hate it, it's easier just to laugh... or even better, avoid people who tell stupid jokes.

And for the topic of the thread... really? I pretty much live and breath sarcasm.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    I pretty much live and breath sarcasm.
    Pretty much this. I was unaware that people thought we didn't understand sarcasm. Especially seeing as how I use it more than anyone I've ever encountered.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Nfps are so good at emotionally processing events their mind does not allow the negative thought to occur. The thought brings cognitive dissonance
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Pretty much this. I was unaware that people thought we didn't understand sarcasm. Especially seeing as how I use it more than anyone I've ever encountered.
    Did somebody say..... sarcasm?

People always think I'm easily offended... I have no idea why because I hardly ever get offended. Actually, wait, I have an idea. Now that I think about it, it's normally men who think they've offended me. The same ones who have this idea that I'm delicate and innocent. .
    And then they apologize for their offensive joke And I insist I wasn't offended. And they apologize more. Sometimes, much as I hate it, it's easier just to laugh... or even better, avoid people who tell stupid jokes.

And for the topic of the thread... really? I pretty much live and breath sarcasm.
    Yeah I'm almost impossible to offend. Honest thoughts, feelings, beliefs, etc. will never offend me. I like real. I like upfront. I like direct. I like frank. I can roll with that. And my sense of humor tends to be somewhat off-color and wrong, so I usually keep it to myself and delight in it when I find it in another.

The opposite side of the coin is, I hate politics and game playing, or personal attacks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Yeah I'm almost impossible to offend. Honest thoughts, feelings, beliefs, etc. will never offend me. I like real. I like upfront. I like direct. I can roll with that. And my sense of humor tends to be somewhat off-color and wrong, so I usually keep it to myself and delight in it when I find it in another.

The opposite side of the coin is, I hate politics and game playing, or personal attacks.
    I wouldn't say I'm impossible to offend. Part of it is, people don't normally know the things that would offend me. Stuff that a lot of people consider offensive, doesn't phase me.
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I wouldn't say I'm impossible to offend. Part of it is, people don't normally know the things that would offend me. Stuff that a lot of people consider offensive, doesn't phase me.
    Hmm. I'm trying to think of what would actually offend me, other than a personal/ad hominem attack or attack on someone I care for with obvious malicious intent. Because then it's not about ideas and seeking objective truth any more. The intent is different. Talking about ideas and principles ... to me that's just not something rational to get offended over. I guess one of my values is the idea of protecting honest intellectual discussion, and for that to happen a certain environment of openness has to be had. I think that's one big reason why it's hard to offend me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Hmm. I'm trying to think of what would actually offend me, other than a personal/ad hominem attack or attack on someone I care for with obvious malicious intent. Because then it's not about ideas and seeking objective truth any more. The intent is different. Talking about ideas and principles ... to me that's just not something rational to get offended over. I guess one of my values is the idea of protecting honest intellectual discussion, and for that to happen a certain environment of openness has to be had. I think that's one big reason why it's hard to offend me.
    Yea that sort of thing (intellectual discussion) doesn't offend me, whether I agree with what's being said or not is irrelevant to being offended.
    What might offend me is if someone treats an opinion or thought I offer in a patronizing way. I know there are other things that offend me, but it's hard to think of them on demand. Patronizing really gets to me though. Even as a young child I was very sensitive to any hint of it.
    (My INTP loves manipulating this sensitivity for his own nefarious purposes. Oh he finds he hilarious.
    INTP says something.
    I fall for it, with flashing indignation. 'Don't patronize me!'
    INTP doubles over laughing
    Glare. 'I hate you.'
    INTP melts to the floor in a puddle of tears and giggles.)

But yea, probably like you said, personal attacks. I can get pretty offended for other people with that type of thing.
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

I love sarcasm. I use it a lot. Maybe I'm just a really mean NFP but I'm not usually offended by it and I almost always pick up on it. Clearly you've met some really sensitive NFPs...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4/7

For me it's quite simple.. I love sarcasm.. I hate dumb jokes.. My mother will always accuse me of having no sense of humor because I just stare at her when she's trying to be 'sarcastic'