User Tag List

First 56789 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I do know that NFP types might perceive the sarcasm, but INFP's who I know IRL in particular seem more apt to respond to the comment in a serious/solemn way rather than just laughing at it. So it might seem like they do not get it. But it doesn't mean they do not. It usually just comes off as wanting to ensure no one's feelings get hurt, so they take the "safest" approach rather than the one that might seem dismissive.
    I'll be stoic in the face sarcasm when it's fatiguing to me. I am not really afraid of hurting anyone's feelings and I usually know what's going on but I just don't feel and/or can't like expend the energy on dealing with it at the moment. My mind often just won't switch gears out of sincere mode to sarcasm mode. It's not really about fear or anything else but being deep into Fi at that moment at time and not really well oilled up on Ne.

As I said, previously, I can swtich gears on intellectual based irony faster than F based sarcasm.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I'd just like to point out that, so far, I've scored seven pages of commentary from a sick rant. Just sayin'. Please continue.
    Love is the point.

Glycerine

Ahhh, the wonders of an ENFJ male. Sometimes I just don't know how to respond the ENFJ male joking style, haha.

MBTI
    INFP

if your sarcasm is offensive to me in a directly personal way, you better be damn sure you'll get what's coming for you

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Heheh, bring it on, bleeding heart. Let's see who cries first.

That comment was unnecessarily aggressive. Sounds like you've had experience in this arena.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Heheh, bring it on, bleeding heart. Let's see who cries first.

That comment was unnecessarily aggressive. Sounds like you've had experience in this arena.

Do you enjoy poking bears with sticks?

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

ooo....it's on, baby!
    Ring side tickets to a Fi smack down.

Amongst my friends, however....there is some thing heart warming about how encouraging we all are to each other, through the gentle encouragment that sarcasm is. Warms my heart to the cockles, that, and I cry tears of laughter.
    It's a personal view, not a personality type, that understands sarcasm. Being black hearted and bitter helps.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Brenda: Hey, I'm going to bring my lunch to the coffee shop, so don't be embarassed.

Me: Oh noes, Brenda! Whatever shall I tell the Duke and the Duchess of Worchestershirehousen?

Brenda: So, I guess that means you're okay with me bringing my lunch, and you won't be embarassed? Good!
    I mean, this sounds like your friend knew exactly what you meant but just chose not to respond in a sarcastic manner

so I have no idea where this fits into your OP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

if im in a bad mood i just sort of take it as a personal attack regardless if it has anything to do with me or not.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    TNT

In my experience ENFPs get sarcasm better than ENFJs and are also harder to offend, so I don't know what the hell the OP is talking about.