Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Sometimes we use your sarcasm against you. And you never knew it >=}
    now that you mention it, I do this a lot lol

@OP
    honestly, I like sarcasm that is genuinely funny, but I find a lot of it is highly snarky and condescending and I don't tend to pick up on this quickly because I tend to assume people have good intentions and am confused about why someone would want to make that kind of comment toward me. sarcastic comments often have this heir of "you're fucking stupid" to them that I find annoying unless the person is genuinely being really stupid. often times I'll get it later and Ne/Te verbal interrogation bitch slap.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sometimes I laugh at sarcasm, other times I don't - it depends if I'm in the mood for joking around and sarcasm.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

I think it's Ne that sees too much of what could be, not what is actually there in the words.

I have this feel NFPs look too deep into everything and have to navigate too carefully to be any fun unless drunk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I have this feel NFPs look too deep into everything and have to navigate too carefully to be any fun unless drunk.
    Whaaaaaa, hell no.
    Ne makes for most awesome kind of random humour that nothing can compete with.
    Suuuuuure we get the odd "What is this person on" moments. But Ne + Ne makes super fun time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Sarcasm is just a pain in the ass when it's overused.

You don't want to laugh if its possible that it is serious.
    But you want to laugh if they are just messing around.

It creates a. "How the hell am I ment to interpret this douchery right now." A friend of mine ALWAYS uses sarcasm as his form of humour, it pisses me off because I can never take him seriously.

Its just frustrating when it's not something that is obvious. When people throw in visible cues for it though, totally get it. The ones that don't are the ones I dislike.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    You don't want to laugh if its possible that it is serious.
    But you want to laugh if they are just messing around.
    Leaving the person you're conversing with unsure about what you meant is half of the reason I use sarcasm. It's difficult to do well, but it's incredibly satisfying having them believe you meant one thing, but knowing that there is that nagging feeling in their head that you just may have meant the opposite. It's an art.

Of course, other times it's either a way of verbally rolling your eyes at someone, or just telling them to fuck off without actually saying so...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Leaving the person you're conversing with unsure about what you meant is half of the reason I use sarcasm. It's difficult to do well, but it's incredibly satisfying having them believe you meant one thing, but knowing that there is that nagging feeling in their head that you just may have meant the opposite. It's an art.

Of course, other times it's either a way of verbally rolling your eyes at someone, or just telling them to fuck off without actually saying so...
    Why do you find it satisfying?

To have someone do that to you it makes you feel like they are almost sadistic. Especially if its with something that could be potentially sensitive. I guess I feel this way because I've been mislead enough times by sarcastic humour. I am not one to take a subtle hint.

If I want someone to fuck off, I just say so, personally speaking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Why do you find it satisfying?

To have someone do that to you it makes you feel like they are almost sadistic. Especially if its with something that could be potentially sensitive. I guess I feel this way because I've been mislead enough times by sarcastic humour. I am not one to take a subtle hint.

If I want someone to fuck off, I just say so, personally speaking.
    You pretty much answered your own question there.

And sarcasm is generally considered a bit more socially acceptable than just telling someone to fuck off.

*shrug* To each his own.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question there.

And sarcasm is generally considered a bit more socially acceptable than just telling someone to fuck off.

*shrug* To each his own.
    Well, my question was why do you in particular find it satisfying. I'm not sure how I answered that myself.

Yeah, you are right, it is more acceptable than the other. I should clarify as I wasn't being literal. I'd just make my boundaries clear.
    I'm generally more diplomatic than that. Point being, I don't using sarcasm to reject or keep people at a distance.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Well, my question was why do you in particular find it satisfying. I'm not sure how I answered that myself.
    To have someone do that to you it makes you feel like they are almost sadistic.
    Not everyone is a nice person, some just hide it better than others or reserve their ill will for certain situations. I should clarify that between my examples of how I like to use sarcasm, I use it in the second paragraph's manner far more often...

I'm generally more diplomatic than that. Point being, I don't using sarcasm to reject or keep people at a distance.
    This is what I was referring to by "To each his own."