User Tag List

First 1234 Last

This is part of the reason I love when there is a big snowstorm. It snaps everybody (including me) out of their standard operating modes and forces people to confront reality a little more. Whether it is shoveling their front walk, driving more carefully, or just trying to avoid stepping in slush puddles.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

when you level up, add ranks to 'spot' and 'search'

^_________________________________________________ ________^

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    EXACTLY THAT!!!! I mean 1,000% that!!!!! I will randomly notice things no normal human being would notice, but I will only notice that a BIG HUGE ASS CHURCH is somewhere three years after I move to a certain place. Or my husband will notice that different stores are there, when I didn't even know the old ones were there. Or he'll notice little fleeting details, where I just look oblivious.

I think this switching mode is exactly the problem. And about 30% of the time I am in dreamy/spacey mode, and about 40% of the time in analytical mode about some idea or concept in my brain, when I accumulate details and generalities for my work. And 20% of the time in self-expression mode, which means 90% of the time, I'm trapped in my brain and not observing the world around me.

But for the off-chance that I'm on 10% of the time observation mode, it's keener than most people's. I'll notice things the average Jack wouldn't see.

Oh, and when people point stuff out to me, I am INDEED interested in the little things in life. But someone definitely needs to point them out.
    yes. I have often been pulled out from in front of moving cars. i rely on my toddler to find my car keys. This is a sign of an Se fail in a major way. At the extreme end, i just forget what people look like. No kidding, once I know someone I forget about all the details of their physical appearance. They become a big cuddly people blob for me to love.

LL, I love the use of CAPITALS and FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! punctuation marks. This captures my brain so very well.....It actually describes what my thoughts look like-like some really get BIG!!!!! then are all calm and cool like it wasnt a big deal.... lalalalaaa. I also like the use of 1000%, although I typical defer to the number 47. "I told you that like 47 times, seriously????" Your posts are awesome.

For you and gromit-you guys describe modes above. I describe these in functional terms.

For me:
    the "30% dreamy/spacey" is Ne
    the "40% analytical mode about some idea or concept in my brain, when I accumulate details and generalities for my work" is NeTe with some Si
    the "20% of the time in self-expression mode" would be NeFi

leaving TeSi the last 10%. That's when i pay bills. It suuuucks.

Does this sound batshit crazy or maybe possible?? I always notied it but thought I was crazy. Cause I could be crazy...

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    My Si is garbage...This sounds like some pretty solid advice. So you did this and it worked?

I'm tired of spacing out while I'm driving and missing my exits and turns. I use twice as much gas cuz I'm always zoning out while I'm driving.

I think I'm gonna try this.
    Good lookin out
    ENFJ Se can actually be very good at noticing surroundings though. For the ENFJ, Se needs to be developed. It's really rare for ENFJs to have good Si... that would make you more of a ESFJ.
    Last edited by Patches; 12-20-2013 at 02:04 AM.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh yes. I do this fairly often, it makes me looks like a total moron.

Once, when I was working in a post room, I had to transport many boxes using these special carrying trollies. On the front of the trolly was a handle that I saw had to be turned to "unfold" it. However, when I tried to turn the handle it wouldnt budge so I began to check the mechanism to make sure it wasnt stuck and such. So it was that I spent the next 5 minutes trying to unfold this thing, growing rapidly more frustrated and confused as I went on. Finally, out of the blue, some suit who was out on his smoking break came over to me, took hold of the handle, lifted it up, then turned it and unfolded the trolly.

Only then did I see the sticker a little beneath the handle that said "lift before turning".

That suit must have thought they brought me in from the special division.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    This is part of the reason I love when there is a big snowstorm. It snaps everybody (including me) out of their standard operating modes and forces people to confront reality a little more. Whether it is shoveling their front walk, driving more carefully, or just trying to avoid stepping in slush puddles.
    Really? Hehee, I love snow because I can run around and jump in it, pretend I'm a little girl again, skip through it, and drag the dog by its tail backwards through the snow. HE LOVES IT! I know it sounds like animal cruelty, but it really isn't. And if we don't do weird stuff with him, he goes off and gets into all kinds of weird stuff on his own. And then I try to catch snowflakes, which I'm notoriously BAD at because my depth perception and judgment of distance sucks. But it is still fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    yes. I have often been pulled out from in front of moving cars. i rely on my toddler to find my car keys. This is a sign of an Se fail in a major way. At the extreme end, i just forget what people look like. No kidding, once I know someone I forget about all the details of their physical appearance. They become a big cuddly people blob for me to love.

LL, I love the use of CAPITALS and FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! punctuation marks. This captures my brain so very well.....It actually describes what my thoughts look like-like some really get BIG!!!!! then are all calm and cool like it wasnt a big deal.... lalalalaaa. I also like the use of 1000%, although I typical defer to the number 47. "I told you that like 47 times, seriously????" Your posts are awesome.

For you and gromit-you guys describe modes above. I describe these in functional terms.

For me:
    the "30% dreamy/spacey" is Ne
    the "40% analytical mode about some idea or concept in my brain, when I accumulate details and generalities for my work" is NeTe with some Si
    the "20% of the time in self-expression mode" would be NeFi

leaving TeSi the last 10%. That's when i pay bills. It suuuucks.

Does this sound batshit crazy or maybe possible?? I always notied it but thought I was crazy. Cause I could be crazy...
    OMGGGGG You are all kinds of awesome!!!!! Seee! You get it! You understand how my mind works: See the problem is that most people do not operate in that mode, so they THINK you're just a crazy moron, but in reality your brain is just wired differently than everyone else's...

The function analysis was great!!!!! I use my Te a LOT LOT LOT LOT, which makes a lot of people think I'm xSTJ, even ME for a while. And I'm more comfy with it than a lot of ENFPs, which helps me keep my shit together (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Oh yes. I do this fairly often, it makes me looks like a total moron.

Once, when I was working in a post room, I had to transport many boxes using these special carrying trollies. On the front of the trolly was a handle that I saw had to be turned to "unfold" it. However, when I tried to turn the handle it wouldnt budge so I began to check the mechanism to make sure it wasnt stuck and such. So it was that I spent the next 5 minutes trying to unfold this thing, growing rapidly more frustrated and confused as I went on. Finally, out of the blue, some suit who was out on his smoking break came over to me, took hold of the handle, lifted it up, then turned it and unfolded the trolly.

Only then did I see the sticker a little beneath the handle that said "lift before turning".

That suit must have thought they brought me in from the special division.
    Awwww nooo....your mind was probably just elsewhere! That happens to me all the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

You just walk by, dreaming in your head; thinking, contemplating, pondering the world, but you cannot or do not notice normal, ordinary things everyone sees??? Why is that?"

Damned if I could answer. I simply said, "Pfft. In case you hadn't realized by now, my brain is wired a bit differently than most people's minds."

How can I improve this ability???? I feel like a retarded dumb ass!!! Why can I not see the things most people see??? Is there something wrong with me??? How can I change it???
    First off I feel your pain .

One time when I had my car facing outward instead of the usual facing the garage position. Well I noticed that the house across the street must of been recently painted a new color. I'm surprised I even noticed, I gave myself a internal high five after the shock wore off. But I soon found out it was like that for months... not a recent thing. I just shrugged it off, at least I noticed for once .

I think what's helped me is perhaps first learning how to drive. It was like diving into a Se pool , scary but I don't regret it.

Don't worry, I feel like such a butt sometimes too seriously. I've totally had the "right there!!" incident happen plenty of times. I think that's just an innate part of me. I'm just not aware of my physical surroundings no matter how practiced I get with it, it's just how i'm wired.

I can do it, but it's always going to be awkward for me and when i'm done with it it's like relief. Practice does help though ime.

You know what's a good show for developing Se LL? imho it's this show called "lie to me" where these "professionals" use very refined Se to detect physical movements of their body to point out when someone's lying. What's nice is they replay it slowly and narrow in on the area that shows the subtle movement for us S-tards as I know I almost always miss the Se signals so it's wonderful. Maybe you'll be interested in watching it or checking it out sometime when your have the free time .

My silly responce would be to the "why is that?" is because i'm awesome that's why xD N is magical :P. Then i'd be serious.

What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Become an extraverted sensor.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    When I have been away form my children on a business trip and return home, I am overwhelmed by the details of them. Their hair, faces, eyes, the words they use. I call it the discordant effect-the change in the enviornment triggers much more Se usage.

Because I use so much Ne, I often feel I only have the slightest connection with the here and now moment of the Se present. I very often dont see things right in from of my face. For me, people morph into an amorphous thing that contains all of their inner and outer beauty, all of the amazing things about them. They are as beautiful for their imperfections as for their attributes.

For this reason I very rarely find people physically attractive until I have become familiar with their "insides". The inside is really what is of value for me.

LL-look up "mindful meditation"

OMGGGGG You are all kinds of awesome!!!!! Seee! You get it! You understand how my mind works: See the problem is that most people do not operate in that mode, so they THINK you're just a crazy moron, but in reality your brain is just wired differently than everyone else's...

The function analysis was great!!!!! I use my Te a LOT LOT LOT LOT, which makes a lot of people think I'm xSTJ, even ME for a while. And I'm more comfy with it than a lot of ENFPs, which helps me keep my shit together (usually).
    LL, I totally missed this reply. You make me so happy!!!!