User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Attracted to sadness?

Do you feel it a waste of time or something you hate to feel to linger in sadness when you can be happy, or do you like it and it feels okay to you? Almost like it's vital or repleneshing to dwell on it sometimes?

I'm no NF, so I'm not sure how well I can answer your question. However, I have in fact read that INxx types in general tend to be attracted to gloomy, macabre, or sad atmospheres.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I can appreciate my sadness as a profound human experience sometimes. I'm not always in a hurry to leave it.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    Infx

I usually feel guilty for feeling sad, even though I wish I wouldn't because I think it's a totally healthy thing ...more along the lines of "You know it's going to get better, and you'll be fine in time.. so just suck it up until then!"

Though I do think it's necessary to actually feel the pain/sadness in order to let it go. If I try to fight it, it usually fights back even harder. I just try not to linger on it.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I can appreciate my sadness as a profound human experience sometimes. I'm not always in a hurry to leave it.
    Haha, me too.

Its not like I'd ever want to be sad for a long time, its more that I realize that when I am sad, its part of the human experience. Its something deep and authentic, emotions, and feeling a veriety of them is worthwhile and feels productive in a sense.

What really bothers me is frustration. Theres no way to grow from that :steam:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

I find that relishing the emotion for a while helps me to eventually move on. As for being attracted to sad things, I find sombre art, moods, etc. have their own special beauty.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

sometimes it feels really good to work through/deal with your emotions.

for me, even though i might feel sad dealing with emotions, i always feel good about myself for not taking the easy way out -- repression.

i definitely don't like to go around moping and being a burden, though -- i can always suppress my emotions until i can deal with them in a comfortable environment. but dealing with them is key; otherwise you'll end up acting out in less healthy ways.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

oh and i'm extremely attracted to sad women. and sad music.

:-\

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I appreciate a certain reflective melancholy and bittersweetness that speaks to some truth about reality. I don't like being sad personally and am tired of such things. I like having some energy and joy.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think it's the other way around. Sadness has the uncanny ability to find you at the most inopportune of moments.