User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

is it just me or has anyone noticed how it just touches the edges of time and makes you kind of half smile, which goes unnoticed until the very last memory/thought fades.....or is that something else

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    Do you feel it a waste of time or something you hate to feel to linger in sadness when you can be happy, or do you like it and it feels okay to you? Almost like it's vital or repleneshing to dwell on it sometimes?
    Sometimes, maybe. Lingering in it for a while, maybe for a few hours/days is fine and cathartic at times, but much longer than that, and I'll try to find a way out. This is best if it's not terribly intense or causing me extreme, immediate grief.

If the sadness/pain is too severe, I might be forced to "shut down" emotionally and try to ignore the feelings for a while, until I can get things sorted out. It's extremely eerie/unnerving to think about the times when that happened though, so I do my best to keep things from getting that bad. I think it's only happened two/three times, thankfully.

MBTI
    INFP

You know, as much as I was ATTRACTED to emotional things, I never showed it outright. I smile a lot. People didn't ever really notice the turmoil inside of me.

Maybe, too, that's why I enjoy comedy so much. It helps me keep my attraction to the sad things in balance.

So much to think about...
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I like to call my sad-happy sensation "Despair-ilarity".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i feel like a liar and thief if i haven't tasted all the colors of the rainbow. you have a palette and you just want it all, every hue, depth, richness, saturation, mixing, stirring, blending. it's the life that is distinctly human, therefore it is holy.

it's easy for me to get confused and fall into the trap that the only purpose and only art of life is intense feeling. transforming life into a performance on the body. watch her mourn and you'll instantly fall in love. it is true in a way that words are not (no more lies!). it breaks human bodies but spirits can still fight back. and how i want to reach out, want to reach you

ahh, reading too many tragedies, the hero always dies, embarking never to return. the finality, the big questions that are presented in suffering, struggle, torment, yearning, melancholy, hope, despair, loss big beautiful faith, a loving gesture with the total innocence and purity of a child's eyes...

if you don't go down deep in the shit you can never rise up and feel the perfect accelerated ascent as you peer over the clouds. there are very valid reasons why people love rollercoasters, you're never asleep and never faking it and you're always always! alive

also, sad songs yes. melancholy, yes. all my favorite music, really, except i also love the ones capable of the epiphany, the ascent, the moment when they feel it all and start floating off the ground. people who have experienced profound sadness know secrets that are the key to the heart.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

i find there is something poetic in sadness even though it may be unbearable at times

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am so sensitive to human sadness that it makes going out to public places *really* *really* difficult for me, at times.

For entirely selfish reasons, I would and do love to make people feel happy, and in general, love and aspire to elevate people's spirits and outlooks on life. In other words, help make people feel better about themselves and their situations, do what I can to make them see something positive about themselves or their lives, that they themselves may not see.

Regarding misery and miserable people, however...

I've been miserable before, and strongly believe that miserable people should quarantine themselves, (while finding and engaging in treatment that's well-suited for their specific needs), because misery is a highly toxic, and infectious, deeply-rooted, pathological state, and innocents need and should not be infected/affected by miserable souls, though sadly, every day,they are.

To answer the OP, however, yeah, I am kinda attracted to sadness. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

When I am depressed it is usually then when I become at my highest, incredibly self-aware of myself, how I fit in a situation, how my environment is affecting me and a lot of other indicaters. Being depressed for me is just my body's way of saying something is going on, my barometer is peaking, analyze the events going on right now. Reflect over your relationships, reflect, reflect, reflect.

Depression always ends with a revelatory upswing and it is usually because I have found the key and I in a sense die to old habits once I lift out of depression. Depression needs to be understood at the root, then you will find the flower and it's fruit.

Remember to eat good and sleep. Meditation has helped me and being conscious of my habits as I do them. These are very important if not the most important to your happiness as they help you diagnose yourself. Which is completely contrary to what I actually carry out. ( I smoke cigarettes for example ) It's so easy for me not to sleep ( always reading something or some other thing online ) and also very easy for me not to take care of my bodily needs. I just forget about myself.

Take time to dwell on yourself. I always get out of my depression when I self-reflect and then project that understanding outwards in some material, physical, or conversational way. What I am doing now is very, very therapeutic for me. You need to share your life and insights, otherwise you become like a sponge unable to draw in more life and you become your own poison and very much mired. Writing is a very useful tool, even if you write to yourself. You are your own shrink, any other I have had only seems like a consolation prize. There's not much weight as much as I can convey and impart to me, myself, just by listening to my own body and mind instinctively.

As my friend Niko told me, an NT I am sure of it. Being emotional can be a good thing. And let me add in, 'If you know how to use it.' And honestly it gets even the best of us who know how to respond to it assertively. It's very subtle sometimes your not even aware until it hits you like a sack of bricks. Uncanny yeah. I've debated and abated the mere fact that my existence seems trivial and small in the scope of the world but somehow that makes me sane. Yes this life is fleeting, yes it is downright cynical and at times discouraging, depressing, all the suffering you feel intrinsically in your being and I see no use in preserving it or want to completely lock down. Do I fear the end of the world, no. I fear not having connected emotionally with enough people. And in this world I have found the memories I make with these connections are always my highest joy.

All my achievements, my schooling, my artwork, pondering a life 'career' I have made at first I thought they were mere prestige, illusions, entanglements to keep me busy and indifferent, pretentious, safe and secure, dying. But I have come to realize they are in fact links and chains, a myriad of ribbons I wrap around myself so that I can connect with and relate with as many people and opportunities to help more and more people and to connect with them ever more emotionally to find the root of for myself, what truly is it about humanity that drives me to such ends. What is it all really?

Depression is your personal life tutor if you know how to listen. And listening is the highest generosity at times you can give, as I am sure you know. However you forget to give generously most of all to yourself.
    His form has passed away, he has become a mirror: naught is there but the image of another's face.

( I ) 3%, ( N ) 59%, ( F ) 26%, ( J ) 16%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I always an attracted to sad songs and movies. I thrive off of melancholy and I don't mind feeling like it even when I can be happy. I can't stay in a depressive mood for a long time, though..as I need some light. I can go from being very happy and excited to melancholic and back in a matter of hours.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My most creative moments as a musician have come through pain/sorrow. I wish it were not so, but it is...