• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] ENFP & Ti

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good question :ninja:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
combine Te and Fi and pretend its Ti

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
interestinggg, can you think of an example of how this would look?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
sorry but no need all enfps hating me :D

Come onnnnnnn

OK, i'll let you know what I am trying to get at.. I've been looking over Beebe's theory of using all the 8 functions and the last 4 functions being Opposing Personality, Witch, Trickster, and Demon.. I just wanted to understand what I am like when I'm in the 'Trickster' personality...

Pretty pretty please?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come onnnnnnn

OK, i'll let you know what I am trying to get at.. I've been looking over Beebe's theory of using all the 8 functions and the last 4 functions being Opposing Personality, Witch, Trickster, and Demon.. I just wanted to understand what I am like when I'm in the 'Trickster' personality...

Pretty pretty please?
oh that sounds interesting...just what ARE you talking about?

some enfp's have high ti...just as anyone of any type can have a strong preference for some other function. i've seen quite a few intps have high fi as well.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an ENTP with strong Fi, I don't see why an ENFP can't have strong Ti as well.

I'm guessing an ENFP with strong Ti would be more calm, collected and patient than the average- good Ti sort of steadies the reins of the wild Ne horses.

I'm guessing that ENFPs with weak Ti who are forced to use it would probably be stubborn and small-minded, waving about concepts like "being unreasonable and irrational is the purest reason there is". We'd see a significant amount of false generalizations and justifications.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm guessing that ENFPs with weak Ti who are forced to use it would probably be stubborn and small-minded, waving about concepts like "being unreasonable and irrational is the purest reason there is". We'd see a significant amount of false generalizations and justifications.

Yeah! Say more like that!!

I'm looking for like if an ENFP had weak Ti and was trying to use it, according to Beebe, that's what happens when an Ne depends too much on it's Ne-dom and then this 'Trickster' idea starts to happen, I want to see what I am like/how others view me when I am using Ti-- so in short, just what does it look like...

I feel that I have a little handle on Ti, but that is what my INTP friend notices about me, but I do not notice it myself..

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
but how could anything look worse than when an ENFP is using Si?!

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
^see, that was an example of mediocre Ti right there! Not to be pompous or elitist or anything- only pointing it out because you asked. It might not be obvious to you, but I can promise you that your INTP friend would be especially sensitive to it.

Here's a breakdown of the flawed logic-

A: I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits.
B: But how could anything look worse than a woman with a moustache?

B's statement doesn't actually address A's statement directly. A did not claim that unshaven armpits are "worst looking", so B's statement could be considered to be ignorant or irrelevant at best. After all, it's completely possible for both statements to be true. Not fully realising this is a sign of poor Ti.

Just tryin' to help! :)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I thought enfp's didnt have Ti

It's about preference, not ability. We have the ability to use Ti, but it takes conscious effort.

I use Ti in medical school... you can't really get around it. It's like jogging: when you start, it's hard and it hurts, but you like the pain and enjoy your sexy new muscles.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
^see, that was an example of mediocre Ti right there! Not to be pompous or elitist or anything- only pointing it out because you asked. It might not be obvious to you, but I can promise you that your INTP friend would be especially sensitive to it.

Here's a breakdown of the flawed logic-

A: I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits.
B: But how could anything look worse than a woman with a moustache?

B's statement doesn't actually address A's statement directly. A did not claim that unshaven armpits are "worst looking", so B's statement could be considered to be ignorant or irrelevant at best. After all, it's completely possible for both statements to be true. Not fully realising this is a sign of poor Ti.

Just tryin' to help! :)

No offense taken! Hahah, i love this. This makes sense.. a lot of sense. I can see myself doing this a lot, especially with my INTP friend (we can have such great conversations then somewhere it turns into a debate over something he/i said and it just gets chaotic...)

Here's a question.. if A said "I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits." what would B (with Ti) respond with? What would B (with Te) respond with?

Haha, this could explain some debates I tend to lose with my ENTP friends :)

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, it would look a lot like an ENTP...

An ENFP using under-developed Ti would bear little resemblance to an ENTP, the same way a ENTP using under-developed Fi would not look anything like an ENFP. Your Ti needs more work.

I really hope that you were just trying to be funny, and that this wasn't your attempt at some sort of witty comeback to a perceived personal attack. ANY instance of a type being forced to use a function that it is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with is going to ugly. Again, if you got offended, your Ti needs more work.

You say you use your Ti at medical school. I hope it serves you well there, because it certainly isn't doing you any favours here. ;)

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's a question.. if A said "I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits." what would B (with Ti) respond with? What would B (with Te) respond with?
:)

Well I can't read minds or predict the future, but as a general rule Ti often aims to address the issue in a straightforward manner. So the likely immediate response would be "I think so too," or "I don't think so," followed by the reasons why. The part about the mustaches might be brought up, but only after the armpits bit is resolved.

I can understand and relate to where you're coming from, though. Both ENTPs and ENFPs are Ne dominant, and our natural tendency as Ne-doms is to look at multiple things from multiple perspectives at the same time. A healthy Ti keeps things consistent and structured along the way.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, I'm actually not very sure how a Te-dom would respond! I don't think it would be very different in such a straightforward context.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
An ENFP using under-developed Ti would bear little resemblance to an ENTP, the same way a ENTP using under-developed Fi would not look anything like an ENFP. Your Ti needs more work.

I really hope that you were just trying to be funny, and that this wasn't your attempt at some sort of witty comeback to a perceived personal attack. ANY instance of a type being forced to use a function that it is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with is going to ugly. Again, if you got offended, your Ti needs more work.

You say you use your Ti at medical school. I hope it serves you well there, because it certainly isn't doing you any favours here. ;)

Your Ne is grossly unchecked. That's a substantial analysis to make from almost nothing.