User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 113

Thread: ENFP & Ti

  1. #41
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh! very interesting so an enfp will instantly make their decision. it's super fast yeah? but ti takes longer and is more precise?
    No, you can judge things quickly with Ti. It's analogous to Fi. It takes time to think through and develop your values, but when someone does something immoral, you know it instantly. Likewise, if someone says something that conflicts with their internal logic(or whatever) system, someone with Ti will instantly recongnize it as incorrect.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  2. #42
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yes, I agree with this.

    With the introverted judging functions, there's usually a system that has been built up and developed over time. With Te, you can look at evidence and draw a logical conclusion from it right then and there. With Ti, you need to break everything down to their "essence," formulate basic principles, then apply it to whatever external phenomena you wish to judge/explain. So, the use of Ti depends on processing that has been done beforehand. An ENFP (or any type) using Ti with no prior processing would look retarded.
    That is an astute observation is the case of NTPs, because you've incorporated Si's influence here too, when you say that Ti depends on processing that has been done beforehand. Ti is very good at applying known principles to new situations and adapting quickly to changing conditions (in combination with Ne/Se, that is.)

    It's probably different for Ti+Ni users though...not quite sure how to explain that difference atm.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    ENFPs can be decent with Ti in specific subject areas where, for whatever reason, they've put the effort into looking deeper and deeper into why something is some way, which is completely unnatural for such a horizontal thinker.
    That's definitely true. If an ENFP is really interested in a system that requires very close attention to structural detail, they may become very well-versed in it, but I think this can also often be attributed to Te's recognition that to get results, you need to absorb certain key methodologies. I've seen an ENFP do this with strategy games, once they figure out that making up their own unique method is usually not the most effective way to win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh! very interesting so an enfp will instantly make their decision. it's super fast yeah? but ti takes longer and is more precise?
    I think Ti and Fi both have strong preconceived notions about the criteria upon which things should be evaluated, which develop slowly over time, but that both will make pretty fast decisions in this regard when in a situation where they already have a value clearly defined...this goes double for NPs, who will absorb long-term ideas into Si as experiential fact.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #43
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    No, you can judge things quickly with Ti. It's analogous to Fi. It takes time to think through and develop your values, but when someone does something immoral, you know it instantly. Likewise, if someone says something that conflicts with their internal logic(or whatever) system, someone with Ti will quickly recongnize it as incorrect.
    oh of course... that makes sense. so does that mean the entp is more likely to be right? ooh...i don't like that a bit. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #44
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think Ti and Fi both have strong preconceived notions about the criteria upon which things should be evaluated, which develop slowly over time, but that both will make pretty fast decisions in this regard when in a situation where they already have a value clearly defined...this goes double for NPs, who will absorb long-term ideas into Si as experiential fact.
    B-I-N-G-O!!!

    What's frustrating is that Fi, as a system, and believe you me it is a system, is much harder to explain and understand than Ti is. grrrrrrrrr!!!

    And, it is therefore less accepted, and it is also often berated, or just plain overlooked by many who don't have or understand it.

    To a layman, I would basically say/explain, that I have two general modes of being; one being fully engaged with whatever or whoever is stimulating me, or, I guess, extrinsic engagement, and two, being fully engaged with whatever or whoevever or, more specifically, what situation, hypothetical, current, or past, has my mind seized with overwhelming thoughts, why something would happen, why someone would act a certain way, have I seen this before, if so, where, and why, is there a valid reason for what's happening, does this make sense, is there a pattern here, is this a constant...

    Honestly, I can keep going, but I'll spare you.

    And this second mode of being is what I would call intrinsic engagement, or Fi for all you Typologyphiles.

    Yes, Fi is a value-oriented system, but it is a complex and multi-faceted, and layered system, and depending on the person, the more complex and *accurate* their Fi system of thought will be.

    Yeah, I would classify Fi as a system of thought that gets *triggered* by feeling.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh of course... that makes sense. so does that mean the entp is more likely to be right? ooh...i don't like that a bit. :/
    I think what this means is that Ne in ENTP will go off in a logic manner and Ne in ENFP will go off in a feeling manner. How do you determine who is right when both go off in different directions every time.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #46
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think what this means is that Ne in ENTP will go off in a logic manner and Ne in ENFP will go off in a feeling manner. How do you determine who is right when both go off in different directions every time.
    right...of course you're right. my heads all swirly atm....so...just accept the different pov as different while trying to understand that they're both valid?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #47
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think what this means is that Ne in ENTP will go off in a logic manner and Ne in ENFP will go off in a feeling manner.
    THIS IS FAR TOO SIMPLISTIC!!!!

    Ugh, all human beings both think and feel, I would argue that Fi is a thinking process that gets triggered by feelings.

    It also categorizes, defines, and sorts feelings.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #48
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    No, Lady X, he is not right, he's perpetuating this retarded belief that I simply can't tolerate anymore.

    Fi processes emotional and situational stimuli, IT PROCESSES IT.

    It doesn't just spew out feelings, for fucksake!

    Far from it, it takes feelings in, considers them, and the context in which they came from, and thinks about why they exist.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    THIS IS FAR TOO SIMPLISTIC!!!!

    Ugh, all human beings both think and feel, I would argue that Fi is a thinking process that gets triggered by feelings.

    It also categorized, defines, and sorts feelings.
    Yes, thats why I said feeling and logic. Everyone thinks and processes. Logic and feeling even align at times.
    Im out, its been fun

  10. #50
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    No, Lady X, he is not right, he's perpetuating this retarded belief that I simply can't tolerate anymore.

    Fi processes emotional and situational stimuli, IT PROCESSES IT.

    It doesn't just spew out feelings, for fucksake!

    Far from it, it takes feelings in, considers them, and the context in which they came from, and thinks about why they exist.
    yeah i know that but i was curious about that processes validity when it's not a feeling based discussion.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [JCF] Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te (ENTP/ENFP)
    By MadTeaParty in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 05:53 AM
  3. [JCF] Difference between Ne-Fi (ENFP) and Ne-Ti (ENTP)
    By Brian2626 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 04:25 PM
  4. So I think I'm an ENFP with a strong Ti.
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 06:28 AM
  5. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO