User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP & Ti

MBTI
    STP

Sometimes it looks pouty, sometimes its frustration, sometimes its anger. If you challenge it it may snap at you. When you understand it they can appear relieved. Overall it "looks" like emotions. Different then the Te portion and it generally goes 90+MPH.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Your Ne is grossly unchecked. That's a substantial analysis to make from almost nothing.

(Please don't assume that I'm angry with you or offended. I don't really have confidence issues in this area.)
    1) I pointed out a false assessment which you posited- that an ENFP using Ti would necessarily look like an ENTP- which still holds true as an example of logical inconsistency.

2) I made it clear that in the hypothetical scenario that you were offended, it would be further substantiation of logical inconsistency.

How is that "substantial analysis"? By that logic, it would be substantial analysis to say "If A, then likely X. If B, then likely Y. If C, then likely Z." That's hypothetical postulation- not analysis. Your confusion of the two, again, suggests that your Ti is perhaps not as adequate as you might want to believe.

My Ne is self-evidently very active indeed, and I would be the first to admit that it often operates faster than I can comfortably handle- but it is far from "grossly unchecked", thank you very much. :P

That said, I tire of this. Let us suppose indeed, that an ENFP utilizing weak Ti does resemble an ENTP, that a hypothetical scenario can be considered substantial analysis, and that my Ne is grossly unchecked. Have a nice day!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i believe she was saying that an enfp with strong ti might look similar to an entp. that's the way i initially understood the point of the op. i get now she didn't mean that but it did seem like phoenix was posting under the same assumption.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    1) I pointed out a false assessment which you posited- that an ENFP using Ti would necessarily look like an ENTP- which still holds true as an example of logical inconsistency.

2) I made it clear that in the hypothetical scenario that you were offended, it would be further substantiation of logical inconsistency.

How is that "substantial analysis"? By that logic, it would be substantial analysis to say "If A, then likely X. If B, then likely Y. If C, then likely Z." That's hypothetical postulation- not analysis. Your confusion of the two, again, suggests that your Ti is perhaps not as adequate as you might want to believe.

My Ne is self-evidently very active indeed, and I would be the first to admit that it often operates faster than I can comfortably handle- but it is far from "grossly unchecked", thank you very much. :P

That said, I tire of this. Let us suppose indeed, that an ENFP utilizing weak Ti does resemble an ENTP, that a hypothetical scenario can be considered substantial analysis, and that my Ne is grossly unchecked. Have a nice day!
    OK, for the record, it was a joke. Mazel tov!

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    OK, for the record, it was a joke. Mazel tov!

Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INTJ

One is going to go ahead and assume you all know you are talking about behaviours and practices rather than cognitive functions.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    One is going to go ahead and assume you all know you are talking about behaviours and practices rather than cognitive functions.
    +1

This thread is silly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go show my INFP how to use Ti by teaching her a little C++. Then I'm going to hone in a bit on my own Fi by creating a really unique painting representative of my current emotional state.

()

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Then I'm going to hone in a bit on my own Fi by creating a really unique painting representative of my current emotional state.
    All jokes aside.

Whenever I paint/draw it represents my emotional state.

Fuck, whenever I do anything it reflects my emotional state.

Is that a human being thing, or an F thing?

I don't know, (actually, I think I do/may), nor do I really care.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    ...Ne-doms is to look at multiple things from multiple perspectives at the same time. A healthy Ti keeps things consistent and structured along the way.
    maybe this is the key.

Ne gives too many perspectives to the thing that low Ti cant handle in consistent and structured way -> you easily pick up a route of analytical thinking(based on personal values/what you think is right from personal point of view) that isnt 100% logical(based on objective point of view) and kinda get lost in the way making logical decision.

I just woke up so i cant think of an example, but making a logical decision can take like 10 steps of kind of sub decisions(if 1+2=3 then 3+1=4...) that leads to the logical answer. If you make one wrong "sub decision" the answer will most likely be wrong, since you start to follow a patch of false logic in some point of getting to the answer.

just speculating

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    maybe this is the key.

Ne gives too many perspectives to the thing that low Ti cant handle in consistent and structured way -> you easily pick up a route of analytical thinking(based on personal values/what you think is right from personal point of view) that isnt 100% logical(based on objective point of view) and kinda get lost in the way making logical decision.

I just woke up so i cant think of an example, but making a logical decision can take like 10 steps of kind of sub decisions(if 1+2=3 then 3+1=4...) that leads to the logical answer. If you make one wrong "sub decision" the answer will most likely be wrong, since you start to follow a patch of false logic in some point of getting to the answer.

just speculating
    Ne version of Ti from an ENFP is very spastic and bounces all over the place. It doesnt mean its not Ti, it means a "judgement" cannot properly be made with it. This isnt always the case though and in reality ENFPs are so unsure of Ti that even when they do use Ti in a half way decent fashion they still question its validity.

Logic decisions are not all "true". Logic contains false as well so to understand logic you cannot just understand whats true, but whats not true. Things that are not true are still "logic" and can still lead down paths. If it werent then a logic component like an AND Gate would only be considered logic when it returned true/on/1 as opposed to false/off/0.

Logical is not equal to logic. Logical is about finding the most logical solution or path, logic is more the system itself and all its paths be it true or false, on or off, 1 or 0. Dont confuse the logic of the system with a logical path within the system.
    Im out, its been fun