User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 113

Thread: ENFP & Ti

  1. #11

    Default

    It wouldn't look very pretty, I'm guessing.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    but how could anything look worse than when an ENFP is using Si?!

  3. #13

    Default

    ^see, that was an example of mediocre Ti right there! Not to be pompous or elitist or anything- only pointing it out because you asked. It might not be obvious to you, but I can promise you that your INTP friend would be especially sensitive to it.

    Here's a breakdown of the flawed logic-

    A: I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits.
    B: But how could anything look worse than a woman with a moustache?

    B's statement doesn't actually address A's statement directly. A did not claim that unshaven armpits are "worst looking", so B's statement could be considered to be ignorant or irrelevant at best. After all, it's completely possible for both statements to be true. Not fully realising this is a sign of poor Ti.

    Just tryin' to help!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  4. #14
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    I thought enfp's didnt have Ti
    It's about preference, not ability. We have the ability to use Ti, but it takes conscious effort.

    I use Ti in medical school... you can't really get around it. It's like jogging: when you start, it's hard and it hurts, but you like the pain and enjoy your sexy new muscles.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  5. #15
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    It wouldn't look very pretty, I'm guessing.
    Yeah, it would look a lot like an ENTP...

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  6. #16
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    ^see, that was an example of mediocre Ti right there! Not to be pompous or elitist or anything- only pointing it out because you asked. It might not be obvious to you, but I can promise you that your INTP friend would be especially sensitive to it.

    Here's a breakdown of the flawed logic-

    A: I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits.
    B: But how could anything look worse than a woman with a moustache?

    B's statement doesn't actually address A's statement directly. A did not claim that unshaven armpits are "worst looking", so B's statement could be considered to be ignorant or irrelevant at best. After all, it's completely possible for both statements to be true. Not fully realising this is a sign of poor Ti.

    Just tryin' to help!
    No offense taken! Hahah, i love this. This makes sense.. a lot of sense. I can see myself doing this a lot, especially with my INTP friend (we can have such great conversations then somewhere it turns into a debate over something he/i said and it just gets chaotic...)

    Here's a question.. if A said "I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits." what would B (with Ti) respond with? What would B (with Te) respond with?

    Haha, this could explain some debates I tend to lose with my ENTP friends

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yeah, it would look a lot like an ENTP...
    An ENFP using under-developed Ti would bear little resemblance to an ENTP, the same way a ENTP using under-developed Fi would not look anything like an ENFP. Your Ti needs more work.

    I really hope that you were just trying to be funny, and that this wasn't your attempt at some sort of witty comeback to a perceived personal attack. ANY instance of a type being forced to use a function that it is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with is going to ugly. Again, if you got offended, your Ti needs more work.

    You say you use your Ti at medical school. I hope it serves you well there, because it certainly isn't doing you any favours here.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Here's a question.. if A said "I think it's rather unsightly when women don't shave their armpits." what would B (with Ti) respond with? What would B (with Te) respond with?
    Well I can't read minds or predict the future, but as a general rule Ti often aims to address the issue in a straightforward manner. So the likely immediate response would be "I think so too," or "I don't think so," followed by the reasons why. The part about the mustaches might be brought up, but only after the armpits bit is resolved.

    I can understand and relate to where you're coming from, though. Both ENTPs and ENFPs are Ne dominant, and our natural tendency as Ne-doms is to look at multiple things from multiple perspectives at the same time. A healthy Ti keeps things consistent and structured along the way.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  9. #19

    Default

    Also, I'm actually not very sure how a Te-dom would respond! I don't think it would be very different in such a straightforward context.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  10. #20
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    An ENFP using under-developed Ti would bear little resemblance to an ENTP, the same way a ENTP using under-developed Fi would not look anything like an ENFP. Your Ti needs more work.

    I really hope that you were just trying to be funny, and that this wasn't your attempt at some sort of witty comeback to a perceived personal attack. ANY instance of a type being forced to use a function that it is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with is going to ugly. Again, if you got offended, your Ti needs more work.

    You say you use your Ti at medical school. I hope it serves you well there, because it certainly isn't doing you any favours here.
    Your Ne is grossly unchecked. That's a substantial analysis to make from almost nothing.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [JCF] Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te (ENTP/ENFP)
    By MadTeaParty in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 05:53 AM
  3. [JCF] Difference between Ne-Fi (ENFP) and Ne-Ti (ENTP)
    By Brian2626 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 04:25 PM
  4. So I think I'm an ENFP with a strong Ti.
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 06:28 AM
  5. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO