User Tag List

First 2101112

Thread: ENFP & Ti

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SHERLOCK HOLMES View Post
    Well, i am a enfp using Ti above Te..i am almost an xNTP with Fi.in tests mt T anf F are almost equal..i compete with NT in analysis and is the most emotional boy i know. Fi and Ti together helps with analyse all the SAFe things..i hope its clear
    Ti and Te are qualitatively distinct and mutually exclusive. I understand WHY you are saying what you are saying, but your conclusions indicate a misunderstanding of the typology. The problem is that any short description of Te and Ti is inadequate for understanding the qualitative distinctions between them. Both are "logical", but one is outwardly directed, manifesting in the real world, the other is inwardly directed and very introspective.

It is fairly common for ENFPs to have difficulty to determine whether they are ENFP or ENTP, as dominant Ne is very idea-oriented, and that can easily overshadow the accompanying Fi or Ti. Combine this with the tertiary Te or Fe being extroverted, and it obscures the T/F distinction even more. An easy way to help you distinguish which you are, which functions you use, is to determine whether it is easier for you to understand NTPs or NTJs. ENFPs tend to see past NTJ abrasiveness, and really appreciate NTJ directness and insights. ENTPs on the other hand have more difficulty dealing with NTJs, and much prefer the precision of INTPs, for example.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    Ne

thankyou for commenting uumlau ,
    i think i am an ENFP, and i am comfortable with INTx but more than other ENFPs and NPs, i tend to be more logical..it is what confuse me the most..i am very sensitive to direct criticism and almost create a safe zone so that i dont get depressed easily from other's comment. i go well with other people but i am afraid of ExTx more because they tend to be more insensitive..My mathematical and analytical skills are good and i get into lot of debate (brainstorming would be better) over a variety of subjects with my INTJ friend .He has remarked that i am the most compatible one he's ever found.In Order to explain my thinking i would like to say how i responded over your reply to my message.this might be silly but the best example i might give
    i read your comment
    read your name >uumlau
    thought why you gave that name
    i could be due to certain keyboard pattern (i assumed) or just because found it silly to give a mundane name
    tried to figure out what pattern it might be (in 4 is valid)
    after 1 try, realised it would be pointless to think on such an abstract thing and i am wasting my time

another problem i face when i check my mbti > it is said that Ne is my dominant and Si is the 4th function..but i use past memories @ a VERY large scale to learn and improve myself , good memories of past visual, Smell , and most importantly MUSIC (when i hear the music i was hearing i am particular occasion ,say when i was with someone...when i play it again after say, some months back..i get the same emotions i had in the past... i do it often and i remember places which i visited in past well..) but at same time i forget mundane things easily...i remember only 20 names in my class out of almost 60.. whom i am very popular with and interact with everyday
    i am also extremely artistic. and is like my ISFP friend ..when i am with him..all i do is draw and design and draw and design
    i assume my four primary functions are Ne=Fi=Ti=Si..in not so different magnitudes
    .please don't criticise me instead correct me because all i have is a lot of messes and it might be due misunderstanding..well ENFP is the closest and most comfortable one i am with
    sorry for making it so long

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Yeah, you sound like an ENFP. An NT wouldn't be so worried about creating a safe zone to avoid being depressed.

As such, keeping with the typology, that would mean you are Ne-Fi-Te-Si.

Yes, Si is a big part of you. It's kind of at your core, in your unconscious. The main problem is that it isn't really under your control, so much as an all-or-nothing presence in your life, which is how the "eruptions" as per Quenk occur.

There is legitimate debate as to whether Jung thought that the tertiary would be Te or Ti (in your case as ENFP). The evidence and experience I've seen indicates Te. For instance, older ENFPs I know are quite proud of their ability to organize things and keep schedules (a very Te thing), even as every area of their life that they don't specifically organize like that is quite chaotic. It's that Te side of ENFPs that helps them understand INTJs as well as they appear to, just as their Fi side resonates with the INTJ's tertiary Fi.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SHERLOCK HOLMES liked this post