User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Thread: ENFP & Ti

MBTI
    GONE

To me, Fi and Ti are very similar. The way they work is essentially the same. The difference is what building blocks Fi or Ti uses to come to conclusions. Ti will draw from what it feels are objective,'logical/factual' whereas Fi doesn't pretend to objective (well...most of the time) and is guided by what is 'right' by objective logic. Fi draws the building blocks from principles, feelings, etc. and is guided by what is 'right' by subjective logic.

The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks. Just look at a group of NTs arguing amongst themselves about what the best way to XYZ is.

Personally, I feel I often use combinations of Fi or Ti. For me, they seem to operate very similarly at least.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

To me, Fi and Ti are very similar. The way they work is essentially the same. The difference is what building blocks Fi or Ti uses to come to conclusions. Ti will draw from what it feels are objective,'logical/factual' whereas Fi doesn't pretend to objective (well...most of the time) and is guided by what is 'right' by objective logic. Fi draws the building blocks from principles, feelings, etc. and is guided by what is 'right' by subjective logic.

The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks. Just look at a group of NTs arguing amongst themselves about what the best way to XYZ is.

Personally, I feel I often use combinations of Fi or Ti. For me, they seem to operate very similarly at least.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ i agree with how similar they are!

that said, my Ti really sucks. :blushing:

though i wonder if i don't use it more than i think, in regards to language. i am very picky about my specific wording.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    i think they are different in other ways also, Ti knows why it came to some conclusion, Fi just feels that this is the answer. meaning that Fi is missing the logical structure of Ti and i think this is quite huge difference between the two functions. Fi can use structures similar to Ti, but i think they are more like layers that you just feel is right or wrong and then combining the layers into a single answer(but usually the answer you get from this is done by evaluating it with what feels right, instead of math like answer that Ti would give), while Ti layers are all like single puzzles that he can explain. but i do agree that they are quite similar in many ways

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks.
    i think this personal inventory is true with NTP types and its called Si. i dont really know if Ni can work the same way in STP types, but im pretty sure that there are definite differences in this personal inventory. because NTP types(especially intps since they have stronger Si) tend to restore the details of logical principles in this internal inventory. maybe the STP types tend to restore and draw logical principles for big picture from their internal inventory?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Am I the only ENFP who thinks he has decent Ti? 0.o

I don't think it came fully naturally though. I'm doing my masters in philosophy, so for 4 years I've been in the most NeTi environment you can think of. That really changed the way I thought. If you compared the thought processes of myself in high school and myself right now, I'm sure the differences will be evident. I think it's pretty much always with Ne though. For what it's worth, though I believe I have decent Ti, I do find Ti specific topics like logic to be weaker than more Ne related ones. Even when I see arguments in logical form (sort of like the algebra of philosophy) I kinda wish it was just put in word. My Ti dom friends do seem to do a bit better than me in strictly Ti topics.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISFJ

^No, I think I have decent Ti too.

I would never do much because it just FEELS right. Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process. And I can see that logic chantingly dramatically when I'm angry where I will dabble more in Te to justify my actions.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    ^No, I think I have decent Ti too.

I would never do much because it just FEELS right. Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process. And I can see that logic chantingly dramatically when I'm angry where I will dabble more in Te to justify my actions.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety
    Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process.
    haha, i had that kind of an environment too - but i just learned to put my feelings into rational language. i didn't learn to integrate Ti-style logic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety
    Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process.
    haha, i had that kind of an environment too - but i just learned to put my feelings into rational language. i didn't learn to integrate Ti-style logic.

MBTI
    Ne

Well, i am a enfp using Ti above Te..i am almost an xNTP with Fi.in tests mt T anf F are almost equal..i compete with NT in analysis and is the most emotional boy i know. Fi and Ti together helps with analyse all the SAFe things..i hope its clear