• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's, carrying the banner

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Keirsey calls ENFP's Champions, but many NF's have tendency's this way. SO I'm curious what you guy's 'causes' are. What really gets your blood moving or boiling. I often wonder that others put up with injustices and so on and so forth, but I think I have a very different reaction to injustices, and things I consider my causes, almost like I wear my heart on my sleeve.
I'm usually really laid back, easy going and care free, until one of my principles is violated then oh boy watch out. Here comes Joan of Arc.

These are some things I find myself reacting strongly to:
1. Don't F*** with my family. Ever. This includes my actual family and my *adopted family. It's just not a good idea for you.
2. One of my causes is children's health care. My daughter spent the first month of her life in the NICU at Primary Children's Hospital. Right now, I'm working on making onesies that snap around IV's. It really tugs at my heart strings to hear of someone's kids going through rough times, it hits just too close to home. I wouldn't wish this on Stalin.
3. Abortion. I can't handle it. I realize why people do it, I don't blame them or hate them, or wish them harm or anything like that, and I think that women should ultimately be in charge of their bodies, but come on, it's a baby and it's 9 months for someone who's waiting (Like my dearest sister). I realize there are special cases, but they feel the pain, it's been medically proven.
4. I can't watch any war movies, or war first person shooters. Anything that simulates real violence. It offends my spirit, all the senseless putrid killing.
5. Bullies. When I was little, I would go around pummeling bullies. (actually it was usually me talking the little monsters in circles) I hated them. I hated that someone would be mean to someone just because they felt entitled to be. It drove me crazy. I would always try and stick up for the picked on, whether it meant my bloody nose or not.
6. My freedom of thought. I hate it when people try to dictate to me how they think I should act or be. I may agree with them, or not care, most of the time. But seriously. Does it really matter if my hair is pink? I realize this is a little vague. I will have to come up with specific examples. it also depends on who's saying it. I realize there are certain social repercussions and consequences to any behavior, and I don't expect them to change for me, but I do expect people to mind their own business.
7. The snobbish and the high and mighty. I find that often I will dumb down my level of speech and intellect in order to reach the general masses with an idea. This is done almost subconsciously, and I think it has to do with me hating it when others knowingly talk above other's heads (see #5). Yeah dude, you may be smarter than anyone who's ever lived, but we all have a commonality of emotional energy.

Ta!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Keirsey calls ENFP's Champions, but many NF's have tendency's this way. SO I'm curious what you guy's 'causes' are. What really gets your blood moving or boiling. I often wonder that others put up with injustices and so on and so forth, but I think I have a very different reaction to injustices, and things I consider my causes, almost like I wear my heart on my sleeve.
I'm usually really laid back, easy going and care free, until one of my principles is violated then oh boy watch out. Here comes Joan of Arc.

These are some things I find myself reacting strongly to:
1. Don't F*** with my family. Ever. This includes my actual family and my *adopted family. It's just not a good idea for you.
2. One of my causes is children's health care. My daughter spent the first month of her life in the NICU at Primary Children's Hospital. Right now, I'm working on making onesies that snap around IV's. It really tugs at my heart strings to hear of someone's kids going through rough times, it hits just too close to home. I wouldn't wish this on Stalin.
3. Abortion. I can't handle it. I realize why people do it, I don't blame them or hate them, or wish them harm or anything like that, and I think that women should ultimately be in charge of their bodies, but come on, it's a baby and it's 9 months for someone who's waiting (Like my dearest sister). I realize there are special cases, but they feel the pain, it's been medically proven.
4. I can't watch any war movies, or war first person shooters. Anything that simulates real violence. It offends my spirit, all the senseless putrid killing.
5. Bullies. When I was little, I would go around pummeling bullies. (actually it was usually me talking the little monsters in circles) I hated them. I hated that someone would be mean to someone just because they felt entitled to be. It drove me crazy. I would always try and stick up for the picked on, whether it meant my bloody nose or not.
6. My freedom of thought. I hate it when people try to dictate to me how they think I should act or be. I may agree with them, or not care, most of the time. But seriously. Does it really matter if my hair is pink? I realize this is a little vague. I will have to come up with specific examples. it also depends on who's saying it. I realize there are certain social repercussions and consequences to any behavior, and I don't expect them to change for me, but I do expect people to mind their own business.
7. The snobbish and the high and mighty. I find that often I will dumb down my level of speech and intellect in order to reach the general masses with an idea. This is done almost subconsciously, and I think it has to do with me hating it when others knowingly talk above other's heads (see #5). Yeah dude, you may be smarter than anyone who's ever lived, but we all have a commonality of emotional energy.

Ta!
I do not see many Champions here.
The sleeping princesses do not have an axe to grind.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Keirsey calls ENFP's Champions, but many NF's have tendency's this way.
Ta!

I have found it difficult to understand what Keirsey means by ENFP's as Champions. ENFP's are Champions of causes. What? I don't understand nor relate to it very much. I relate much more to that inspiration stuff.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I'm also a bit fuzzy on the whole champion-thing, but stuff that'll make me blow up:

- Unproductive verbal slamming of friends. I'll listen to people who don't just trash to try to get glimpse of why they're hostile, but old-fasioned cattiness over something inconsequential pisses me off.

- Strangers who grab me in a sexual manner, people who try to knock me over at concerts intentionally - actually any physical action I feel uncomfortable with, done by strangers.

- Like Alcearos: don't mess with my family. I'm totally not the forgiving type on that count.

- I'll yell at the news in the telly if they get something wrong. I love doing that - it probably makes me a bad person.

- Causes: better spelling in the media and the population in general. This does not apply to me, though.

Thinking about it, I don't have a lot of causes, not a lot of things I feel very strongly about. Most things are gray to me, most things have a million different sides, making it hard to judge them, harder to define their value. at least to me.

paradox

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can champion anything that I feel strongly about

My Family
Issues that aren't fair
Certain people things or activities.

At the same time I like to debate. I'll go toe to toe with anyone and play devils advocate to prove a point. I'm a cunning debater. :). I also love to just sit around with people, shoot the bull, and solve the worlds problems.

I have been exploring the ENTP profile and sometimes wonder if I'm not more of that. I know it may just be the gender thing, but who knows.

I don't have this overwhelming concern for peoples well-being and feelings except for my family, but I am sensitive to things I see on TV, like when babies or animals die. But at the same time, not sensitive to other things.

I'm not really wacky either in a mad scientist way, but do want to make things better but mostly, I just want "the mike".

DynamicG

MBTI Type
ENFP
I view this whole Champion business not so much as carrying the banner but more as your ability to shill something to someone else. The ENFP's own enthusiasm can take root in someone else very easily, and thus their cause can spread.

It's a reference to the oft described ENFP manipulation, but in more of a positive way and it's usually unintentional. I think.

I know it happens to me when I talk to friends about video games or theoretical concepts I really like. The ENFP charisma can combine with general enthusiasm to sell nearly anything to anyone who is willing to listen.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's an ENxP thing generally, Ne being positive and energetic, usually able to motivate others with enthusiasm... introverts don't tend to carry banners. They more sorta shelter under or trail behind them whilst complaining about the angle they're carried at :alttongue:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought of ENxPs as cunning, manipulative, and deceitful, with extra strength going to the ENFP. As extraverted NFs, they seek attention in indirect ways, such as by mutilating themselves.

EDIT: And I think Champion means champion for the underdog...which is quite clearly ENFP. Champions -- they're the teenage rebels all over MySpace...and now they're cluttering up Facebook!!! No one is safe!

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, I hate conflict (like emotional arguments with people I have an attachment to), but I debate A LOT. Especially when it's one of my "causes".

- The Bill of Rights. Whenever someone thinks something that clearly violates it is okay and whenever someone does't question something. I got really annoyed when I asked my friend why she thinks marijuana or drinking alcohol while under 21 is wrong and she said "Because it's illegal" (versus because of her sense of morals, biological effects, etc). I'm annoyed by people who have their opinions formed based on what is legal/illegal/socially accepted, etc. I also believe that it's our job as citizens to be constantly keeping the GOVERNMENT in check, not the other way around.

- When people don't vote. It's frustrating. Even more so when someone complains about the government but thinks voting is stupid. I lose a LOT of respect for someone if he/she expresses that voting is a waste of time.

- When people mindlessly do something. Like standing for the Pledge to the Flag. This is mostly in my class, but last year in Orchestra, no one bothered. The teacher didn't care. But the teacher has a new rule that you have to stand, and I refuse to. It's annoying that kids know the pledge of alleigance before they know the ABCs and they DON'T EVEN KNOW what they're saying! But it's also annoying that everyone stands and doesn't bother to question it! No one wants to, but they do because it's required! Last year, I had a lot more respect for the ONE guy who WOULD stand up than for the WHOLE class mindlessly standing for NO reason.

- Abortion. I'm completely pro-life, but I am ABSOLUTELY pro-choice. I could never imagine having an abortion, but I think overturning Roe v. Wade would lead to more harm than good. I don't want to think of my daughter, grandchild, etc. possibly being harmed if she gets an illegal abortion by some random person with a coathanger. Also, the countries with legal abortions actually have lower abortion rates than where abortions are illegal. Also, I think it sort of violates privacy and any sense of free will.

- 21 drinking age. I'm not going to bother too much with this one. If you're an adult, why can't you have a glass of wine at 18? 19? 20?

- Anyone telling me to do ANYTHING. You ask. Suggest. All of the above. I hate it when people demand I do something and often will refuse to do it, even if I don't care or would have done it if I had been asked nicely.

Wow. I have a lot of "causes". I'm sure there are more, but I'm starting to get agitated. :doh:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I always thought of ENxPs as cunning, manipulative, and deceitful, with extra strength going to the ENFP. As extraverted NFs, they seek attention in indirect ways, such as by mutilating themselves.

:blush:

Why thank you Uber! And here, I didn't think you noticed.

And if by 'mutilating themselves' you mean 'bad haircuts' then I partially agree.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I'm pretty sure by "Champion"...they mean to champion someone else. Not like..a "hero" champion. A championer of ideas and people...not really injustices. It's to do with passion and deep personal connections, not rebellion and revenge..

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeh, i think what is mean't by champion is an ardent defender or supporter of a cause or people....and yeh it's true in my experience.

Reactions: Ivy

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I tend to agree with the last few posters... I don't really have any 'causes', and I am actually a little ashamed of how little I do to help out those less fortunate than I am. It just normally doesn't occur to me to do.

But on the other hand, I'll go far out of my way to help out a friend who's in need, and support them wholeheartedly. I'm not much of a fighter, so I don't do so well going toe-to-toe with a bully, say, but I do everything else I can do to just be there and help and support them.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
I tend to agree with the last few posters... I don't really have any 'causes', and I am actually a little ashamed of how little I do to help out those less fortunate than I am. It just normally doesn't occur to me to do.

But on the other hand, I'll go far out of my way to help out a friend who's in need, and support them wholeheartedly. I'm not much of a fighter, so I don't do so well going toe-to-toe with a bully, say, but I do everything else I can do to just be there and help and support them.

Aww, AA02 , just you wait 'till the fat lady sings:yes:
I don't rekkon ENFP is a 'head on fighter', I dislike conflict...I think it has to do with being terrified of physical violence,( i think i've had about three scraps in my whole life! and it didn't feel good,) and because i'm a 9w, i just love to peace out.
The bully thing/and emotional blackmail is difficult for me to grasp, you just had me realize I need to deal with this.:yes: