• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] rarity in NFs?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I recently met with my old advanced placement english class for a little reuinion

I was never very close with too many of them, but we started discussing MBTI

here is the break down

NFS: me: eNFP. and one EnFJ

NTS: 1 intp, 2 intjs, 2 entps, 2 entjs

SJs: 3 istjs

SPs: 1 isfp, 1 esfp

now this was the most creative/intellectual class in my high school and there were TWO NFs

I am also only aware of ONE other NF in my entire grade (about 100 people) Now obviously its impossible to know the type of all 100, but I am quite sure if there were many at least one or two would have stood out.

going to a liberal arts college, I've obviously met many NFs

but my high school was a lot of very, VERY pronounced Ss.... only in AP classes could you find the NTs, and they outnumbered my type by far.

is this normal? I thought every 1 in 8 people was an NF?

if this is true, my high school was a very, very weird place.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every place you go always has an odd result when you try to MBTI everyone. Personally, I don't think I've found all that many NFs out there in the world. They seem to love the internet though :)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ahaha this is true...

its so weird, I always felt so disconnected from people in my high school

My Ne and Fi were a bit out of control so I got VERY quiet for a couple years

or I thought so, but I was told I was never actually very shy. I felt shy though.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Isn't just about everyone sort of shy during highschool though? Excluding the few (or many?) attention seekers of course...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Isn't just about everyone sort of shy during highschool though? Excluding the few (or many?) attention seekers of course...

I am an attention seeker :blush: at least to a degree

but yes, a lot of people flourish after those mediocre 4 years

but a lot of my quietness stemmed from my N being almost 100% and me not feeling like I fit in.... example...

person one: this lettuce in my salad is so green.
me: Like a forest
person two: No, like really green lettuce.

i dont know, silly example, but it would be things like that or...

me: He's perfect
person one: No one is perfect.
Me: he is perfect in his imperfection.
person two: thats a cliche
person one: and it still makes no sense.
person three: does he even LIKE you?
me: how should I know?

people were S-ish and bitchy about it lol

so I just decided everyone was brainwashed, shallow and ugly and found nice NTs to hang out with

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
one more example... this is kinda fun now...

me: I love the garden outside our school, its beautiful but so misleading.
person one: huh?
me: Its false advertising, because its so pretty and then you come inside and this place is like a prison, but the garden gives off this impression of-
person one: yeah, sure.
person two: dont know why we even have a garden when we need a new soccer field.
person one: agreed. and a bigger track.
me: I hate sports
entire lunch table: *staring confused*

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an attention seeker :blush: at least to a degree

but yes, a lot of people flourish after those mediocre 4 years

but a lot of my quietness stemmed from my N being almost 100% and me not feeling like I fit in.... example...

person one: this lettuce in my salad is so green.
me: Like a forest
person two: No, like really green lettuce.

i dont know, silly example, but it would be things like that or...

me: He's perfect
person one: No one is perfect.
Me: he is perfect in his imperfection.
person two: thats a cliche
person one: and it still makes no sense.
person three: does he even LIKE you?
me: how should I know?

people were S-ish and bitchy about it lol

so I just decided everyone was brainwashed, shallow and ugly and found nice NTs to hang out with

I've noticed this N/S divide a bit, talking to sensors is tough. When you talk naturally, it seems to just alienate you. It's not 'normal'. But there's no point worrying about it, this divide will only make you stronger :)

It's easy to say that they are shallow and ugly, but really they're just human btw.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
oh i was just kidding, they contribute something to society, something I am far to intuitive to do, I just think theyre close minded

but talking to sensors is a skill I've developed quite easily. I make new friends with any type, usually SPs within seconds and then they'll tell me their life story and tell everyone we're new best friends

I think I just had to grow up and develop my ENFP charm a bit lol

but even so, I have to censor my thoughts bc my instinct is always to spew Ne to death in any situation.

I met a random guy in the hallway at a party and told him he looked like a Greek God
his reply: "Thats sweet, cutie, but just saying I was hot would have worked just fine"

and then I felt very silly :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know it feels stifling and unfair sometimes, but, well, what can you do about it?

I once thought that I'd just isolate myself from all sensors and just build a group of super intuitives and all would be good! And I kind of did now that I think about it.

Also, I find that introverted sensors are more willing to delve in the intuitive conversations, within a certain limit anyway. It's probably why you find so many ISTJs in your classes.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I met a random guy in the hallway at a party and told him he looked like a Greek God
his reply: "Thats sweet, cutie, but just saying I was hot would have worked just fine"

He thought; I sure hope she's not Atropos.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
one more example... this is kinda fun now...

me: I love the garden outside our school, its beautiful but so misleading.
person one: huh?
me: Its false advertising, because its so pretty and then you come inside and this place is like a prison, but the garden gives off this impression of-
person one: yeah, sure.
person two: dont know why we even have a garden when we need a new soccer field.
person one: agreed. and a bigger track.
me: I hate sports
entire lunch table: *staring confused*

Lol This sounds like me in highschool, actually. :yes:
I usually hit it off with SPs pretty well initially, but I always ended up being the token lovable weirdo in a group. That's never changed really. My only consolation was that I was annoying them every bit as much as they are annoying me.:devil:

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Lol This sounds like me in highschool, actually. :yes:
I usually hit it off with SPs pretty well initially, but I always ended up being the token lovable weirdo in a group. That's never changed really. My only consolation was that I was annoying them every bit as much as they are annoying me.:devil:

SPs now and I are delightful

I cover up the Ne fairly well, and they dont mind the mild Fi so much as long as the Ne doesnt take over.

but even now, conversations at my college dinner table

INFJ friend: He's so cute. His eyes see into my soul.
ESFP: what?? how the hell does that happen? I just think he's hott.
ESTP: ahaha thats stupid. do you mean like xray vision?
ENTP: I LOVE CHOCOLATE MILK!
me, ENFP: I totally understand babe, he does have those soulful eyes.

i just felt like it exemplified all our types?

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
SPs now and I are delightful
I cover up the Ne fairly well, and they dont mind the mild Fi so much as long as the Ne doesnt take over.

but even now, conversations at my college dinner table

I'm cool with SPs too. I can sometimes weary of people wanting me to be more literal than I'm inclined to be, but sometimes the way others question things that I say can make me dig a little deeper into what I'm feeling and I understand it better myself, actually. I value that....
Amusing conversation! I can see how that could exemplefy those types, although you and your friend could be any NF in that example, I think...Nice that there are so many NFs on this site. Seems like so few Ss though. It's like MBT opposite land here!lol

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
LOL I know
I kinda love it

my S friends are so much FUN. I wish I could be more SP than NF sometimes. seems like more fun, less worrying

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was in high school, and even in college, I felt like an alien. I was often a loner, although I did not want to be, which really sucked. I spent a lot of my time online, contemplating, and studying....There aren't that many of us around, but it seems to serve me well in teaching.

Ironically, the two people that actually put up with me were an ISFJ and an NX of some sort.....

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
my best friend in high school was an EsFJ

but she's incredibly intuitive and understands it all, she is just also very good at bringing me back to reality. she has the same ability as an ENFJ, she just prefers the S way of thinking in general.

I had a lot of NT friends as result, but I always felt like they were a bit too cold and distant for me to feel appreciated.

but better than the S's who didnt try at all lol

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
But then again, Ive been talking to my S friends at college all afternoon

and theyre wonderful.

i just tone done my N-ness

I wish I was a more sensing N. being the extent of N that I am is exhausting sometimes.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8

XD That made me laugh so much. I definitely understand the whole feeling alienated at high school thing. I thought I was an INFP because I was so shy.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
XD That made me laugh so much. I definitely understand the whole feeling alienated at high school thing. I thought I was an INFP because I was so shy.

I thought the same thing :yes:

i wasnt sure until i really looked into it.

but im extroverted all the way. just not if the people I'm around are assholes :)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:rofl1: