User Tag List

First 12

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Does anyone else experience the Fi of depth and wonder.. the Fi that sends chills up your spine?

So much talk of Fi and values.. but what about this part of it?

The Fi that sees beauty where one shouldn't or others couldn't?
    It's a gift.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Is that Fi too??? I didn't know it was any of the functions...
    I think it's more about being a HSP.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, things will strike me, resonate with me as true, like a sort of atmosphere coming over your mind. In a way, there is a "value judgment" in the feeling. It may be in the way you are drawn to an idea or an image, or repulsed by it.

The image in my mind I get is some sort of mist rising over a body of water. It's a feeling which rises up from some depths & suspends all around you. In the enneagram, the 4 type is said to "inhabit moods" and it's something like that with Fi also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Do we inhabit the moods, or do the moods inhabit us? Does Fi understand archetypes and the collective unconscious? Is this why INFPs are writers/understanders?

Does anyone else experience the Fi of depth and wonder.. the Fi that sends chills up your spine?

When I am at my best, this is how I am. I suppose someone will come in here and say that this isn't Fi, but Se or some other thing. But to me, this is Fi. It isn't emotion per se, but a sense of the true grand scope of existing in the universe. Maybe it has to be coupled with Ne, or maybe not, I don't know.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Can you provide some examples? It seems I've experienced something like this with art or entertainment for example but am not sure that it is always Fi. For all I know, it that could be Si or have nothing to do with functions at all.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, things will strike me, resonate with me as true, like a sort of atmosphere coming over your mind. In a way, there is a "value judgment" in the feeling. It may be in the way you are drawn to an idea or an image, or repulsed by it.

The image in my mind I get is some sort of mist rising over a body of water. It's a feeling which rises up from some depths & suspends all around you. In the enneagram, the 4 type is said to "inhabit moods" and it's something like that with Fi also.
    The bold sounds very familiar. But I have to allow this to happen-it normally is kept under wraps. But once let loose, the mist sounds very accurate-like an aura kinda-that leaks, then pours out of me. But maybe this is the Ne-It spills out of me into everything around me, like waves. It feels like it starts in my chest and flows out of my throat. I can use it to "touch" other people. To sorta hold them and even grope them, (Dont tell the entps...)

But I dont experience the value judgment at all. Hmmm....well maybe...but more like I almost immediately correct with "everything has beauty, no matter how it appears..." so then even really weird stuff like garbage dumps, shanty towns, bars on the windows of homes in peurto rico, litter on the street, there is beauty in all of these things???? Almost like one of my values is to see the beauty in everything?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

from an old thread i made when i aspired to be an IxTx, which mistyped me
    One evening, some 8 years or so ago, i went to visit grandma. She said "If it's late, I'll leave the basement door unlocked.". When i arrived the basement door was jammed a little by a loose piece of the concrete floor. The concrete floor grandpa built himself some 50 years ago. I immediately/instantaneously/spontaneously concluded that grandpa (who has since past) was, in a way, keeping me out. But he was keeping me out in a humorous kind of way. He obviously wasn't there, but yet he was in spirit. Not the spirit as in the kind that people fear, but the kind that makes all other possible deductions end up with the same conclusion of my first thought or instinct. Remember, my first instinct/feeling was ?Grandpa's gotta be funnin around with me here somehow by locking me out with the help of time loosening up that piece of concrete timed perfectly to be loose enough to block the door by the time i got there at that very point in time.

I also still have that loose piece of concrete. Look at it everyday. I don't look in doubt, i look at it with gratitude
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    from an old thread i made when i aspired to be an IxTx, which mistyped me
    One evening, some 8 years or so ago, i went to visit grandma. She said "If it's late, I'll leave the basement door unlocked.". When i arrived the basement door was jammed a little by a loose piece of the concrete floor. The concrete floor grandpa built himself some 50 years ago. I immediately/instantaneously/spontaneously concluded that grandpa (who has since past) was, in a way, keeping me out. But he was keeping me out in a humorous kind of way. He obviously wasn't there, but yet he was in spirit. Not the spirit as in the kind that people fear, but the kind that makes all other possible deductions end up with the same conclusion of my first thought or instinct. Remember, my first instinct/feeling was ?Grandpa's gotta be funnin around with me here somehow by locking me out with the help of time loosening up that piece of concrete timed perfectly to be loose enough to block the door by the time i got there at that very point in time.

I also still have that loose piece of concrete. Look at it everyday. I don't look in doubt, i look at it with gratitude
    That is an awesome story PG.