User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    does it? i'm not that energetic in for real life...hmm

but...i test 7w8 but am maybe 7w6 i can't totally decide.

I don't know you well enough certainly...but 7 suits you from what I know so far!

i honestly assume everyone likes everyone until they do something to make them not like them.
    That sounds like a very positive non-judgment to me!

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    I pounce on hubby after I've been alone all day. I want to share my day with him, hear about his day, and be close. If I see someone who seems shy I am likely to go ver and chat with them. On the other hand, I have always dreaded parties (unless I hosted them for a group of close friends to watch them interact...they always wanted to know why I just stood on the sidelines and observed?), and I really enjoy my time alone. I would rather read a book then go to a party, and often I often get social anxiety believing others don't like me?
    I hate parties-but yeah pounce on my coworkers after not having freinds around all weekend. Chat for ten minutes to five different people, then I can start work.

Alone time is sacred. Funny sometimes I want to be around people-but not interact with them-like reading by myself in a bookstore.
    But parties-Yucky!!

I hear ya! Do you feel drained after being in a situation when you are considered outgoing? If so, what is it that drains you? Thanks!
    TOTALLY. I think I use so much Ne, that having to focus and interact can be exhausting. Then I need to hide away for a day. If it is a close friend it is great but anyone I would have to make an effort to interact with is bad. The worst thing I ever had to do was drive from Michigan to Texas with my ISTP mom-in-law. She talked the whole time about very specific details of very specific people-12 hours a day. It was like being beaten with a bat over and over again. At work, I train or give lectures. I really enjoy helping the customers, but by the end of the day my brain is empty. I need quiet time.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Maybe this is a totally weird (or even incorrect) analogy for Fi and Ne, but I sort of think of it like there is this safe place, deep inside of me, like a nest or a den, and then there is this world of ideas all around... am I constantly scanning through this world of ideas, collecting interesting or shiny or profound ones and then when I am overloaded, bringing them back to the nest to be nurtured (Ne dominant, Fi auxiliary)? Or am I in the nest to begin with, nurturing and cultivating the ideas that I have and then going out from time to time to gather more (Fi dominant, Ne auxiliary)?

Probably depending on where I am in life I have been both. But I'd say my personal balance leans more toward the gathering and less toward the nurturing, maybe like 60%/40% or something?
    This is really awesome Gromit-that description is amazing.

I'm beginning to think I'm simply a mix or something! I don't like being social most of the time and I feel awkward in social situations, in groups especially. I am more comfortable with strangers funny enough! I have no problem speaking to someone I don't know...but put me in a group of people (whether I know them or not!) and I need a time out! I don't like spending too much time with people...but I do yap about my day or other things on my mind if I feel comfortable with someone. I have to have time to myself or I get cranky and out of sorts. But when hubby needs time to himself, I often wonder if he's mad at me?? *wondering out loud* is it possible to be a mix of INFP and ENFP?
    I did this a lot when younger-I think many ENFPs do this. If someone around us acts differently we will see the change in the behavior-then we do the silly Ne thing where we go "Is it me? Did I do something? Are they mad at me?" 95% of the time, no it isnt me, so eventually I sort of just ignore that wierd little internal voice.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That might be Fe vs. Fi or come down to self-esteem. Although, how do you mean "approval"? I think Lady X explained it well.

Are you familiar with the enneagram at all? I'm a 6w5 so I doubt myself constantly and look to others to affirm things. I assume, with the new info I am learning about extroverts, that 6's cannot be introverts. Having a 5 wing usually makes a 6 more introverted and less social and more ambiverted.

I do like outside perspective and to consider other points of view, but I tend to look inward mostly, and I use consultation to further narrow down options when I'm having trouble deciding. I think ENFPs are more likely to "think aloud" and INFPs will present their thoughts in a more finished form. Both will still bounce ideas off of people, but INFPs do more exploring in their head before voicing anything. The idea of the focus being inward or outward still stands though.
    I tend to think out loud and need a sounding board to figure out what's going on in my head. I would like to be more independent and I am more so now (since learning about the enneagram), than I have ever been, but the bottom line is, I tend to look outward for support and re-assurance. This sounds like an extrovert to me...

Btw, Orange, thanks for your help. Seriously. You seem to have a firm grasp on these differences and I find your communication style helpful and invaluable :-)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Are you familiar with the enneagram at all? I'm a 6w5 so I doubt myself constantly and look to others to affirm things. I assume, with the new info I am learning about extroverts, that 6's cannot be introverts. Having a 5 wing usually makes a 6 more introverted and less social and more ambiverted.

I tend to think out loud and need a sounding board to figure out what's going on in my head. I would like to be more independent and I am more so now (since learning about the enneagram), than I have ever been, but the bottom line is, I tend to look outward for support and re-assurance. This sounds like an extrovert to me...

Btw, Orange, thanks for your help. Seriously. You seem to have a firm grasp on these differences and I find your communication style helpful and invaluable :-)

I am familiar with enneagram. I believe the 6 type is not uncommon for ISxJs, so introverts can be one.

Don't confuse dependency with extroversion either. Although, what you describe still sounds more extroverted to me.

My ISFJ mom needs a lot of reinforcement and seeks approval, but she doesn't think aloud that much. It's more that her judgment is swayed by consensus.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

i said the same thing after i joined. i thought i was infp and then asked if i could just be both haha

i still sometimes wonder way down in there if i'm wrong...no clue why.
    Sometimes I think you are too nice to be ENFP! But I don't think INFPs are nice either, so there is that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    Sometimes I think you are too nice to be ENFP! But I don't think INFPs are nice either, so there is that.
    oh what a funny thing to say! niceness surely isn't a type trait though is it?

but i don't know... random people just rarely piss me off but anyone that knows me well knows i have a quick temper and can be kind of awful.

i do have more fun when i'm happy and getting along with people though so i prefer that...umm...i guess everyone does haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

oh what a funny thing to say! niceness surely isn't a type trait though is it?

but i don't know... random people just rarely piss me off but anyone that knows me well knows i have a quick temper and can be kind of awful.
    Oh, then feel free to remain ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha! is having a quick temper an enfp thing? i know my dad did...just like me...he would have a 2-5 min lil bitch fest and then be all done and happy again...i'm the exact same.

it really is kind of awful isn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

haha! is having a quick temper an enfp thing? i know my dad did...just like me...he would have a 2-5 min lil bitch fest and then be all done and happy again...i'm the exact same.

it really is kind of awful isn't it?
    Inferior Si?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no clue...what do ya mean?
    -Jim Morrison